Falcon and Winter Soldier The Falcon and the Winter Soldier General Discussion

She hasn’t really been around long enough and doesn’t know the others that well. Also she will have a big focus outside of the Avengers team on other worlds. I love having powerful characters like Thor, Strange and CM on the Avengers team but I prefer the leader to be someone who spends more of their time on Avengers affairs.

I really like Captain Marvel, she's been relying on her own strength for decades, and she's mostly been in space. There's going to be an adjustment period for her to truly understand the Avengers' methodology and goals.

It'll be interesting to me if they actually do a Cap 4 rather than simply have his next appearance be in Avengers 5.
Looks like they are doing that. I hope it’s a big success and can shows to audiences that Sam is worthy to lead the team .

I really like Captain Marvel, she's been relying on her own strength for decades, and she's mostly been in space. There's going to be an adjustment period for her to truly understand the Avengers' methodology and goals.
Yeah, she’ll be a big asset to the team along with hopefully Strange and Scarlet Witch. It’s a shame we might not get a Black Panther on the team due to tragic circumstances. I would also love along with the newer powerhouses that we also somehow retain Thor and Hulk.

Yeah, she’ll be a big asset to the team along with hopefully Strange and Scarlet Witch. It’s a shame we might not get a Black Panther on the team due to tragic circumstances. I would also love along with the newer powerhouses that we also somehow retain Thor and Hulk.

What if they do in the movies what they did in the comics with Iron Man? The Avengers weren't even aware that Jim Rhodes had replaced Iron Man for some time (while Stark was recovering from alcoholism), and certainly during Secret Wars the rest of the heroes didn't know that either. Sometimes they wondered why he was acting so differently, almost as if it were a different person in the armour. But most of the time they assumed it was the same person who fought alongside them for years.

Hawkeye even believed this, and was surprised and initially angry when Iron Man removed his helmet in West Coast Avengers and revealed himself not to be Tony Stark at all.

Maybe they could have a Black Panther fighting alongside them but then later it's revealed not to even be T'Challa, but they never knew.

Random thought/question to throw out there - clearly no right or wrong answer, just people throwing out their thoughts and personal headcanons. Going back to the first episode, Bucky's session with his therapist, she looks at his phone and mentions that he's been ignoring the texts (and note the plural there) from Sam. What has Sam been texting Bucky about? Has he been texting him that he's been wrestling with the decision of what to do with the shield? Is he texting him telling him he's decided to give the shield to the Smithsonian? Is he texting just to check up on Bucky and making sure he's doing okay with Steve gone, is he texting about something else entirely, or is it a combination of some/all of the above?

I lean towards mostly texting him about the shield with the occasional wanting to check up on Bucky/make sure he's doing okay

I'd like to think it was regarding donating the shield...

What if they do in the movies what they did in the comics with Iron Man? The Avengers weren't even aware that Jim Rhodes had replaced Iron Man for some time (while Stark was recovering from alcoholism), and certainly during Secret Wars the rest of the heroes didn't know that either. Sometimes they wondered why he was acting so differently, almost as if it were a different person in the armour. But most of the time they assumed it was the same person who fought alongside them for years.

Hawkeye even believed this, and was surprised and initially angry when Iron Man removed his helmet in West Coast Avengers and revealed himself not to be Tony Stark at all.

Maybe they could have a Black Panther fighting alongside them but then later it's revealed not to even be T'Challa, but they never knew.
Seems like RDJ’s Stark voice would be famous in the MCU by this point as he’s much more of a celebrity than in the comics. Would be tough to pull off lol.

Random thought/question to throw out there - clearly no right or wrong answer, just people throwing out their thoughts and personal headcanons. Going back to the first episode, Bucky's session with his therapist, she looks at his phone and mentions that he's been ignoring the texts (and note the plural there) from Sam. What has Sam been texting Bucky about? Has he been texting him that he's been wrestling with the decision of what to do with the shield? Is he texting him telling him he's decided to give the shield to the Smithsonian? Is he texting just to check up on Bucky and making sure he's doing okay with Steve gone, is he texting about something else entirely, or is it a combination of some/all of the above?

I lean towards mostly texting him about the shield with the occasional wanting to check up on Bucky/make sure he's doing okay

I feel like if Sam told Bucky he was donating the shield, Bucky would have replied with something (even just an angry face emoji :funny: ). I'm leaning towards him texting Bucky asking how he's doing. Generic things that would be easy for Bucky to ignore.

Which also begs the question, did Bucky always have a smart phone (like we saw in episode 4) and that flip one was a burner he gave to his doc because he didn't trust her to look at his real phone, or did sugar daddy Zemo give Bucky a smartphone on the way to Latvia?

I feel like if Sam told Bucky he was donating the shield, Bucky would have replied with something (even just an angry face emoji :funny: ). I'm leaning towards him texting Bucky asking how he's doing. Generic things that would be easy for Bucky to ignore.

Which also begs the question, did Bucky always have a smart phone (like we saw in episode 4) and that flip one was a burner he gave to his doc because he didn't trust her to look at his real phone, or did sugar daddy Zemo give Bucky a smartphone on the way to Latvia?
True about the donating the shield, I still feel like he might've texted him though indicating that he was struggling with the idea of having it.

As for the phone question, I've seen this question pop up a few times now. Personally, I don't think the flip phone was a burner - because Sam clearly had that number and I would think Bucky would give his actual number to Sam, not the number for a phone he was intending to not really use/a phone he was using as a "façade". I lean towards the smart phone in episode 4 being either Sam's phone (granted, it would have to have been unlocked and just sitting on the counter unlocked), or one that he got recently - maybe in the offscreen space between episodes 2 and 3 before they went to Berlin to see Zemo.

Seems like RDJ’s Stark voice would be famous in the MCU by this point as he’s much more of a celebrity than in the comics. Would be tough to pull off lol.

:huh: But...Stark isn't Black Panther.

Not sure what you by "He didn't play a significant role". I mean sure, he didn't take down Thanos. But he played his part, and you have to admit that this is pretty awesome:

When did that happen? I don't remember that scene in the end battle at all.

Something I was just thinking about. Did anyone else think it was weird that Walker had his fitting for his new US Agent suit in the same room where they held the hearing that stripped him of his rank? I’m guessing they did that because JLD was only on set for one or two days and so they filmed both of her scenes in one place but... that was a little strange.

Something I was just thinking about. Did anyone else think it was weird that Walker had his fitting for his new US Agent suit in the same room where they held the hearing that stripped him of his rank? I’m guessing they did that because JLD was only on set for one or two days and so they filmed both of her scenes in one place but... that was a little strange.

The outside of the court is also a clothes fitting room. Should've had lots of coat hangers and tags, and other people should've been also coming out of there to ask their friends or family what they thought of their new clothes.

Not sure what you by "He didn't play a significant role". I mean sure, he didn't take down Thanos. But he played his part, and you have to admit that this is pretty awesome:

That was hella risky but friggin Awesome!

Changing into the USAgent outfit in the hearing room WAS awfully weird. The director explained it away by saying that it nothing to do with COVID and "added to the irony of the situation". I thought it looked stupid.

'Falcon and Winter Soldier' Boss Malcolm Spellman on Making the MCU's Heaviest Story: "Marvel Never Blinked"

Why do everyone keep mentioning Donya Madani as if she's this big and important character? She was nobody and completely forgettable apart from the fact they kept getting Karli to say her name at every opportunity, as if they liked the way it rolled off her tongue. Seems they only even included her character just because her real name is Veronica Falcon, and they thought it would fit in well with a show named Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Changing into the USAgent outfit in the hearing room WAS awfully weird. The director explained it away by saying that it nothing to do with COVID and "added to the irony of the situation". I thought it looked stupid.

'Falcon and Winter Soldier' Boss Malcolm Spellman on Making the MCU's Heaviest Story: "Marvel Never Blinked"
According to Spellman, the closing title card nearly cemented Bucky Barnes’ transition to the White Wolf after the character did the work necessary to amend his past as the Winter Soldier.

“I got to see that moniker [White Wolf] in watching one of the cuts, and man, it really affected me emotionally,” Spellman shares. “I believe they wanted the impact of Captain America and the Winter Soldier to land. And I do think that had they done Captain America and the White Wolf, it might not have been as emotional of a landing because it’s too much math and too much evolution. But I don’t know for sure what it was. I got blindsided by that while watching the cut — but I loved it.”
Well now knowing that they even had a cut where the end title card was "Captain America and the White Wolf" makes me even more annoyed that they didn't stick with it. Dang it! *lol*

I would rather that have been a COVID thing, because otherwise it's just bad writing. The show needed to either a) Add a Karli origin episode where we see Donya raising her young terrorists in training (before they go off to Madripoor for some reason) or b) Dump most of the Flag Smasher stuff and have them just be anonymous masked henchmen for the good guys to punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"