Falcon and Winter Soldier The Falcon and the Winter Soldier General Discussion

I kinda wonder if they had always envisioned a Cap 4 with Sam as the lead and the series (being a showcase for the fans) was a trial run for that.

I mean Mackie isn't a movie star but he's been in a bunch of stuff for decades now (supporting roles in so-so films and leads in a bunch of indies in addition to the MCU). I'd really like to see Sam continue in an Avengers 5 as well but he'd probably take a bit of a backseat to newer Avengers.

I can't agree there. The shield passing in Endgame, this series, and the announcement of Cap 4 are obvious signs that he's going to be leading the Avengers in the next phase.

Well let’s see...

Strange, Hulk, Thor, Cap Marvel, Antman, Hawkeye, all easily possible that will have more screen time or role in A5 movie than Sam. It might change once Cap4 comes around

I can't agree there. The shield passing in Endgame, this series, and the announcement of Cap 4 are obvious signs that he's going to be leading the Avengers in the next phase.
It could have been intended but that doesn't mean it had a surefire way to being made.
Considering there's Dr. Strange, Spider Man, Captain Marvel and loads of others, that's a lot of screentime needed to showcase everyone. I would figure he has Cap 4 as a lead and Avenger films in a slight supporting role unless of course Cap 4 is a huge hit.

It could have been intended but that doesn't mean it had a surefire way to being made.
Considering there's Dr. Strange, Spider Man, Captain Marvel and loads of others, that's a lot of screentime needed to showcase everyone. I would figure he has Cap 4 as a lead and Avenger films in a slight supporting role unless of course Cap 4 is a huge hit.

They'll get plenty of screen time too, but I don't see any of those as being ready to lead the team in the MCU. I'm not talking about the actors/actresses, just where the characters are in their respective developments.

Cap 4 I think will establish Sam as the new leader for the Avengers.

Unless they want Captain Marvel as the leader.
Many of the others are bigger characters but they also have a lot of their own thing going on on other worlds or other responsibilities (if Black Panther had been in). Probably a part of the reason why Rogers Cap led the Avengers despite Thor being on the team. But that said I’m sure Cap Marvel would be fine too if they decided to go with someone else.

(11) The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Pitch Meeting - YouTube

I loved this. It didn't occur to me that...yeah, the Flagsmashers' "plan" was...what, exactly? And I do think that, while Sam's final monologue was very Captain America-esque, the logistical issues the suits raised weren't dismissible, much less with a simple, "do better, Senator".

Eh, what he said was a little more nuanced than "Do better". If I were to give it a pithy summary, it would be "I *believe* you can do better, if you remember that you aren't the only one who is scared". Its not like Sam was treating them like villains, just as people who legitimately intended well, but had forgotten an important angle and lost sight of the people involved.

Unless they want Captain Marvel as the leader.

That would be a terrible decision. I don't hate Captain Marvel as much as some people ( the movie or the character ), but Carol has shown absolutely zero in the way of "would make a good leader" skills.

That would be a terrible decision. I don't hate Captain Marvel as much as some people ( the movie or the character ), but Carol has shown absolutely zero in the way of "would make a good leader" skills.

I don't hate Carol either and as in fact, I liked her in End Game better than her own movie (although I didn't hate her in her own movie) but yeah she has yet to display any leadership skills.

I don't hate Carol either and as in fact, I liked her in End Game better than her own movie (although I didn't hate her in her own movie) but yeah she has yet to display any leadership skills.

I'm quite happy for her never to be team leader. Also I don't want them to suddenly tell us she has leadership skills rather than showing us, and then that's why she should be leader.

I wouldn't mind Monica Rambeau being leader though.

I'm quite happy for her never to be team leader. Also I don't want them to suddenly tell us she has leadership skills rather than showing us, and then that's why she should be leader.

I wouldn't mind Monica Rambeau being leader though.

With Monica, we need to see her full powers and showing some leadership skills before she's the one who reassembles the Avengers. The hope is that she has a power set similar to what she has in the comics. We'll see in Captain Marvel 2. I hope we see her whole body glowing in energy while in flight and having blasts coming out of her hands in Captain Marvel 2.

Eh, what he said was a little more nuanced than "Do better". If I were to give it a pithy summary, it would be "I *believe* you can do better, if you remember that you aren't the only one who is scared". Its not like Sam was treating them like villains, just as people who legitimately intended well, but had forgotten an important angle and lost sight of the people involved.

Dude, he literally said, "You need to do better, senator". You are correct that the suits need to think about those not in the room with them more thoroughly, but then again, the senator wasn't wrong when he asked, "what about the people who reappeared?" Sam also means well, but he's ignorant of the logistics involved in these circumstances.

I'd love to see these two (Sam and Bucky) interact with Carol Danvers and Monica Rambeau, although it'll be interesting to see what the interactions will be like. Both of them have seen what Carol could do, but have never interacted with her. As for Monica? If they know of her existence it would be as the daughter of Maria Rambeau (Sam might have heard the name when in the Air Force), not knowing that she has powers.

Are we going to get an "Assembled: The Making of Falcon and the Winter Soldier" episode this Friday? We had one for WandaVision.

Are we going to get an "Assembled: The Making of Falcon and the Winter Soldier" episode this Friday? We had one for WandaVision.
Should be. There's supposed to be one for each MCU project going forward

i've been watching alot of reaction videos to the finale and the series in general. while we can all sit and point out alot of plot holes and give our critiques...which are all valid...i think there's something to be said to see a lot of black videos have these genuine emotional reactions to what was shown.

i mean i can not relate at that level b/c i'm not black but to see folks reaction to both isiah bradley scenes...to sam's speech...to bucky apologizing to sam...to sam becoming cap...it just made me feel good knowing they were finally represented in a way that just doesn't happen.

it was so uplifting to see happiness in the eyes of some people that finally felt represented. to catch a glimpse of what they feel and went through be discussed in a tv show that didn't have to felt so...i don't know...so gratifying.

i mean folks calling sam a "real one" like he was a real person. wow.

i can throw out all the speed bumps the show had just for that. warts and all, this may be the most powerful thing marvel's done.

It's almost impossible to replace Steve Rogers as the leader of the Avengers.
That's why I think Chris Evans's (semi)retirement was going to hurt the MCU more than RDJ's.

we don't even know who will be in the next incarnation of the avengers. and the threat level won't be like thanos.

I don't feel Falcon as the Captain or the future leader of The Avengers.

It has not been long since the battle with Thanos. He didn't play a significant role there
I cannot imagine that he could command anyone or play an important role in this battle.

Now he's practically put in the top position as someone equal to Rogers and I don't buy it.

Last edited:
we don't even know who will be in the next incarnation of the avengers. and the threat level won't be like thanos.

That's irrelevant to the fact that Steve Rogers was one of the most well-crafted characters in a comic book movie and Evans played him to perfection.

It'll be interesting to me if they actually do a Cap 4 rather than simply have his next appearance be in Avengers 5.

She hasn’t really been around long enough and doesn’t know the others that well. Also she will have a big focus outside of the Avengers team on other worlds. I love having powerful characters like Thor, Strange and CM on the Avengers team but I prefer the leader to be someone who spends more of their time on Avengers affairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"