The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 12: "Honey I Shrunk Team Flash"

Avenging Angel

We have unfinished business.
Reaction score
TUESDAY, JANUARY 30

THE FLASH

"Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, DLV) (HDTV)

A meta who can shrink anything he touches battles Team Flash. Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Ralph (Hartley Sawyer) get caught in his crossfire and are shrunk to miniature versions of themselves. Cecile realizes her pregnancy has caused her to have temporary powers and discovers she can hear other people’s thoughts, which unnerves Joe (Jesse L. Martin). Meanwhile, Barry (Grant Gustin) meets someone with a mysterious connection to Henry Allen. Chris Peppe directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Judalina Neira (#412). Original airdate 1/30/2018.

[YT]wes6mVmRSeA[/YT]

Last edited:
I'm not fooled by the promo, I've seen the released pics for the ep. This ep isn't worth a live watch.

They're really doubling down on the "lighter tones" are they? Seems excessive here. Another filler episode.

Cisco thinks that Bulbasaur is the cutest? Not Charmander? Heck, go a generation forward and not even Cyndaquil?

His opinion is invalid.

I like the way this started! Nice bit of levity to start with.

So, I think Big Baldie is going to die before he gets out.

Yeah, Barry's way too optimistic that this can work out for this to happen without a hitch.

Well, he is technically still a criminal, Barry.

Well, at the very least there were consequences for Barry's actions, even if he did it to help someone else.

Yes, but he's an innocent one. :cwink: I just hope he knows Chinese...

Still, it was a nice ending for Big Sir.

And truly, by now there is no doubts that Barry's arch villain is - - - cameras...

Just realized that the baddie was Derek Mears!

This was a fairly boring episode for me. The 2nd half of the season has just not been anywhere near as interesting as the first half.

Actually thought it was better than the last few episodes. Good humor and character interactions, a nice resolution to Big Sir, and no need to stretch the imagination about how a court of law works. They should stick with pseudo science rather than pseudo law.:cwink:

Definitely liked Cecille better in this one. I liked how she was having fun reading minds. Though the best part had to be when Caitlyn stepped on Dribney! If there was one to step on, it would be he!:woot:

Now Cecile has powers. How cool.:dry:

Seriously? Cecile with powers? I didn't even bother watching the episode this week, and I'm sticking to that...for now.

Kind of funny that today Ant-Man & Wasp trailer is released and Flash also has a shrinking based episode.

Ahh, leave it to The Flash to demonstrate unrealistic representations of human psychology and counseling skills.

If Iris' and Barry's words of advice ACTUALLY have a self actualizing effect on others, then we wouldn't need 60+ graduate degree credits, over 1000 training hours, and workshop hours to become effective therapists.

My biggest complaint about the show. And now, Iris LITERALLY was more effective than a liscensed clinician. I am sick of seeing these characters being Super Carl Rogers. I find it kind of insulting to my field lol

Cecile has powers? Why? Iris is half Flash, and queen of team Flash?

This season is literally a joke. Only good thing about this is that Barry seems fast as ever. He ran to China in 3 seconds

Last edited:
Another good episode this season continues to go nicely. Even when episodes are kind of like filler episodes this year they are really entertaining. The end of this episodes makes things more interesting.

Solid episode. I still can't get behind why Barry is WILLINGLY staying in jail. He's a hero and the hero should always be about the greater good. He'd probably stop the Thinker more effectively if he was, y'know, OUT TRYING TO STOP HIM!!!

Otherwise, it was entertaining.

Didn't like it. Like this one, a lot of the CW shows seem like filler this season. How long do we have to put up with Flash in jail? No one in CC is noticing this? Ugh.

The best episode among this stretch with Barry in prison. Probably the best actor playing the meta villain out of all of them that were on the bus so far.

Looks like next week could get interesting.

Card game with Big Sir, Barry, ex mayor Bello and that would-be mugger (sitting on some padding *lol*) was fun, how often do we see what happens to the baddies after they've been arrested.

The fun Cisco, Caitlin, HR and Ralph were having really reminds me of Legends. Hmm, might explain sidelining Barry while Iris and the team takes over. They really should just get rid of Barry and call the show Justice League: Central City, or just Central City a la Gotham

Cecile and Iris have a lot in common, both have no boundaries when to comes to other people. On top of that, she's a freaking attorney and should know better.

The whole Big Sir to China (still it was nice gesture), Iris showing up with big gun to take out Dwarfstar, Barry getting caught on camera and knocked out is typical forced writing. Whatev.

The only ones who doen't have powers now, are Iris and Joe. And with those spy photos we saw earlier, it looks like Iris is well on her way to becoming some kind of meta. The show doesn't feel special anymore. It's more about sidelining Barry, and making EVERY character around him a superhero. Isn't this what they did on Arrow(I don't watch that show)?

Bummer. :(

I laughed at the Bulbasaur moment, though I didn't see much point in Cecile having powers. Like it could've been done with some other metahuman.

I did like that they at least had Cecile say something about her age and having a baby. I still laugh at how I thought Martin was older than he actually is. I thought Nicolet was playing an older character too.

I was amused at the building shrinking after the new Ant-Man and Wasp teaser trailer just name out.

I laughed hard at Barry just taking Big Sir to China with nothing. Don't see why they didn't just have his innocence proven true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"