The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 7-"Therefore I Am"

Really enjoyed this down to earth episode

Is Wally slated to be in the crossover? Because how lame would that be that he shows up at the very end of the episode, only to miss all of the fun next week?

He's only in the wedding portion.

The thinker is going to be a powerful foe just like the riddler to batman. I think this is the first episode where we didn't see Barry in his flash outfit

Must be a first to see a Flash without the Flash suit, much like Supergirl's episode Midvale.

I've been down on this season, but this was a great episode. I hope they keep building like this, and stop with the overtly jokey episodes.

We'll see....

The one time Barry is actually right on his assumptions everyone has to crap on him. Ugh.

Eh, I think its forgivable on grounds of "supergenius manipulator opponent". Barry's reactions were within the range of plausible, if edge case. Likewise for everyone else. Its just, when your opponent is a nigh-precognitive mentat, its him who gets to choose where the reactions will fall.

This ep was definitely a step up, imo.

The Thinker scenes have definitely been the best thing about this season and this episode about DeVoe may be the strongest so far.

I like Devoe.

I mean, he's a likable person in his Professor form and you really feel the love and friendship between he and his wife. It's a subtly that you don't often see on the CW.

In alot of ways he reminds me of Molina's Octavious pre-transformation. I'm glad they chose him over yet another Speedster big bad.

Barry dude, if you're going to break into someone's house, at least wear a mask or something.

I actually surprisingly found the relationship between DaVoe and his wife, kind of sweet. It seems like they genuinely care for each other (despite both being rather messed up in the head).

I'm mixed on the "Team Flash doesn't believe Barry" thing. One the one hand, perhaps the show went a bit too far with it. But on the other hand, Barry does have a tendency to go off half-cocked when he gets obsessed with something, and bad things tend to happen as a result. So I get the IDEA behind it at least.

It was cool seeing Wells-Thawne cameo again, and his meeting with DaVoe was delightful.

Did they seriously just say that Wally took on Starro by himself, offscreen?

I actually surprisingly found the relationship between DaVoe and his wife, kind of sweet. It seems like they genuinely care for each other (despite both being rather messed up in the head).
Yep, I like this element a lot, and I think it's perfectly befitting the season where Barry's getting married as well. There's a nice mirror thing going on.

Yep, I like this element a lot, and I think it's perfectly befitting the season where Barry's getting married as well. There's a nice mirror thing going on.

I felt the same way. I was moved by the Devoe relationship actually. I guess its a sign of good actors and writing if they can make you feel for the villains a bit .

Up to this point , the big bad's have been blustering, arrogant, jerks and psychos , while the Devoe's seem closer to real people you could meet.

It was cool seeing Wells-Thawne cameo again, and his meeting with DaVoe was delightful....
I was a little confused by this tho, refresh my memory wasn't Wells (Thawne) already in the wheel chair before the accelerator insistent? or am I just remembering flashbacks from season 1 wrong? (or was it always part of fake Wells cover that the accelerator insistent put him in the chair?) I thought he calmed to be paralyzed in the car accent that killed his wife

also why didn't anyone remember DaVoe being at the announcement about accelerator (I mean, I know that wasn't the real Wells, and Barry was off getting Iris's laptop, Snow was I guess off somewhere back stage or in the lab{I missed what she said after leading Wells to stage}or maybe cause of her whole Dr Snow/Miss's Frost thing going on memory's from back then are hazy) but there had to have been recordings/records (it was a press conference after all) you'd think when they were searching/cross referencing the name Davoe it would have came up that he was there

I liked the episode, but this was one of those ones where characters have to be dumbed down or lack any sense.

I liked the episode, but this was one of those ones where characters have to be dumbed down or lack any sense.

I actually made an account because it bothered me so much, they have always supported flash and have intruded upon much less suspicious foes to find the bad guy... the writers must be out of ideas when they have to draw out an episode by making flash seem like he's paranoid and in the wrong... Totally out of character for his team, not believable. It was almost like they were all drugged standing against him. and I thought the using play-doug for the wells mask was in bad taste... disappointing. I could write this better.

Barry you idiot! No mask while breaking in a house?

But how would Barry Allen get quick access to a mask? Oh, wait... :oldrazz:

Still, a good episode overall. I guess I prefer the more serious ones to the comic relief/Elongated Man stuff.

I actually made an account because it bothered me so much, they have always supported flash and have intruded upon much less suspicious foes to find the bad guy... the writers must be out of ideas when they have to draw out an episode by making flash seem like he's paranoid and in the wrong... Totally out of character for his team, not believable. It was almost like they were all drugged standing against him. and I thought the using play-doug for the wells mask was in bad taste... disappointing. I could write this better.

When I first saw the episode promo before seeing the episode I was like “Are we gonna act like the last three seasons weren’t about villains who pretended to be someone else with the first and greatest one being a guy who needed a wheelchair?”

They already **** on Barry before due to Flashpoint so I guess it's kinda refreshing for a team to not 100% cater to the leader, but with his abilities you kinda have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he did find something odd.

Hey guys, did you know Barry and Iris are getting married next week? :oldrazz:

Seriously though, one of the better episodes in a while. No Flash but well acted. Davoe is awesome and that confrontation between Barry and him was so good. I'm sure they had to save some money for the crossover next week so it makes sense they'd lighten up on effects.

Only things that sorta bugged me were Barry breaking into their house, especially without a mask and Iris saying they're getting married in 7 days about 12 times.

One other nitpick...I don't know any colleges that use bells :confused:

Looking forward to the crossover, but I'm already looking forward to getting the plot going and see what the Thinker has in store

[YT]7awL3qmIuXk[/YT]

Last edited:
Finally! Aside from everyone acting like idiots as per usual, this was good and interesting episode...which, of course, likely won't be properly followed up on for another several boring weeks.

He could have just vibrated his face and body too instead of a mask. I did like the episode but just because the villain is a genius shouldn't mean the team needs to not believe Barry. I think Barry coming out of the Speed Force crazy had a impact on them the writers didn't have any of them bring it up though so no pass for it.

The team not trusting Barry was quite frankly ridiculous. Especially after they’ve been tricked so many times. The writers should know better.

Thankfully thought this was a good episode finally. It’s only taken 7 attempts this season. DeVoe is a very intriguing villain and it was great to get some backstory on him too.

That ending confrontation with Barry and DeVoe was gold!

Iris needs to **** off with the “we’re the Flash” ****.

No smart Barry? No Ralph? No thanks. Top all that off with yet another round of flashwannabeIris? Yikes, this ep was a deserved miss.

Complete tonal shift from when the season started. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. I had to find things I liked about it. Devoe's back story with his wife wasn't that boring, their love story is more believable than Barry and Iris'. Barry was right about Devoe but he did do a lot of careless mistakes to convince everyone he was telling the truth. He was just not Barry Allen, complete OOC in this episode.

Ralph really needs to go. I'm not sure what they're going for by adding him to the already-stacked team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"