The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

No doubt he'd be a good Lex. Heck, even Hank Henshaw.

In my own head canon, I was thinking the film adaptation (or sequel as I had suggested) could combine Brainiac & Zor-El (Supergirl's father), so I think casting Billy Crudup could serve to build to that reveal. But that's for a different thread :D

Crudup as Brainiac would be a bit too Doctor Manhattan I think.

Potentially, but who else but us fans are going to remember that by the time a new Superman film rolls around? Its definitely something I considered but it’s already been 11 years, and Crudup’s fully CGI half/majority of that movie.

The voice would be great though :up:

I liked Crudup as Dr. Manhattan but I don’t see him as Lex or Brainiac. The one time I’ve seen him play a villain he was bland and forgettable. Maybe it was the material though.

Still a big fan of Johnie Lee Miller as Brainiac, he can be both scary and enticing at the same time. An excellent actor who could do justice to the role

I definitely want someone with charisma and likability playing Lex. Tired of the straight forward mwahaha Lex we always get in these movies. I'd only accept the mustache twirller in a golden/silver age period piece, it's gotta be more like Shea and Rosenbaulm for me to be happy. Just do not want another version like all the other movies where he just screams evil from moment one. Works for Joker to me but Lex should be less obvious about things.

I excuse with Cryer because he's already been unmasked by Superman anyway but it's like ehhhhh....not my thing.It's not invalid but I prefer a Luthor with a bit of charm to him.

Corenswet continues bringing those Supes vibes in the Politician S2 trailer.

dccksupespolitician2-1.gif
dccksupespolitician2-2.gif
dccksupespolitician2-4.gif

I imagine a perfect world where we all get what we want and Corenswet gets to be Superman. The Multiverse is a thing, I’d love it if we got Henry as HBO Max Superman and Corenswet got to be the big screen reboot Superman.

I imagine a perfect world where we all get what we want and Corenswet gets to be Superman. The Multiverse is a thing, I’d love it if we got Henry as HBO Max Superman and Corenswet got to be the big screen reboot Superman.
That would certainly be ideal for me! Though I gotta say @Tra-El 's pitch for handling the multiverse with them both on the big screen was pretty damn inspired. Too brilliant for WB, honestly.

That would certainly be ideal for me! Though I gotta say @Tra-El 's pitch for handling the multiverse with them both on the big screen was pretty damn inspired. Too brilliant for WB, honestly.

I must have missed that is it in this thread? Either that or I’ve read it and forgotten haha

I really do think this whole Multiverse thing they’re pushing is gonna blow the doors wide open on multiple interpretations. We’ve already seen the rules relaxed for TV so next step work be multiple movie versions at the same time.

I must have missed that is it in this thread?
Nope, it was in the Cavill thread a couple weeks ago:

Have Correnswet be the Superman next to Pattison's Batman. Bring him in New52 style. Create a multiverse moment where Henry's last Superman appearence (all grey; Kingdom Come-style) comes into their world through the multiverse to warn them that he once fought Batman on his world and that the two are not to be enemies and the two should work together as the Worlds Finest.

MIC ****ING DROP.
Henry:

Snyder Cut
Black Adam
Shazam!
Flashpoint
Man of Steel 2

--------------

Correnswet:
The Batman 2 (Henry cameo)
Superman: Rebirth (Henry's sendoff)

Pattison/Corenswet:
Worlds Finest
And as I said in that thread, I could even see JJ Abrams doing something like this, as it's really not too far off from what he did with Star Trek.

Nope, it was in the Cavill thread a couple weeks ago:

And as I said in that thread, I could even see JJ Abrams doing something like this, as it's really not too far off from what he did with Star Trek.

Oh yeah I did read that, would certainly be interesting

Could have a scene like in Superman 3 where Clark and Superman separate and have a fight in a tyre yard. Then Superman will wonder why Clark looks different from him.

Corenswet continues bringing those Supes vibes in the Politician S2 trailer.

View attachment 35168
View attachment 35169
View attachment 35171

Corenswet HAS to be the next guy. He just has to be. That would be a smooth transition. If they FINALLY do Henry right and allow Henry to pass Corenswet the torch in the proper way when it's time, Supes fans would never have it better. It would be like going from Montana to Young. From Favre to Rodgers. Two back to back Hall of Famers if done right. WB/DC has such a unique and blessed opportunity. They're going to make me nervous with the potentials of ****ing it up lol.

Corenswet HAS to be the next guy. He just has to be. That would be a smooth transition. If they FINALLY do Henry right and allow Henry to pass Corenswet the torch in the proper way when it's time, Supes fans would never have it better. It would be like going from Montana to Young. From Favre to Rodgers. Two back to back Hall of Famers if done right. WB/DC has such a unique and blessed opportunity. They're going to make me nervous with the potentials of ****ing it up lol.
I didn’t get any of those sports references, but I’m feelin’ the sentiment! :funny:

Hannah Montana to....? :huh:

So, if I got this right... Corenswet has his own superman movie and is in the Reeve verse so to speak..

Henry shows up, warns him about a possible falling out and to trust him.

Then how do they merge again ala rebirth?

I do like the idea of a flash movie exploring the multiverse and Pattison being totally straight and not buying it, like, a scene where Barry get's stopped by the bat and is like "why are you following me?" Barry explains and Pattison just disappears into the shadows as if to say 'yeah right' and Barry is like, 'too soon!'.

See, I can buy MOS and WW in Reeve verse, even Mamoa, but not this flash... it's just too comedic.

Ok I vote we not use the term “Reeve-verse” in relation to Superman. Too many Reeve(s)’ already, lol.

I would definitely take a scenario where we have Cavill for guest appearances in the Garcia produced films and Corenswet starring in the standalones.

Corenswet [26] or Jacob Elordi [23] are the ones for the job of superman base on both of them will be more experienced in acting when hollywood decide to do another superman movie which probably will be in 2024 or 2025.

740full-jonah-hauer--king.jpg
I like Jonah Hauer-King (25) for the role of Superman/ Clark Kent, I think he's a solid actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Lobo

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"