The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

I like the way it’s handled in Superman for All Seasons as part of Clark’s story and transition to becoming Superman—Lana encourages him when he’s having self doubts. And ultimately, she has to decide to let him go, knowing that he needs to grow beyond Smallville.

04-159.jpg

Of course I want Lois to be prominently featured in the film, but not as the love interest—like S:TAS or, again, Superman for All Seasons.

Gotcha. I wouldn't mind that. I think Clark and Lana's friendship can be a good thing for both characters if handled maturely. I wasn't sure if you were asking for that or for Lana to be the primary love interest.

Gotcha. I wouldn't mind that. I think Clark and Lana's friendship can be a good thing for both characters if handled maturely. I wasn't sure if you were asking for that or for Lana to be the primary love interest.
I always felt it made way more sense for Lana and clark to have this crazy strong bond, she knew everything, she was his everything, but he and she knew the world needed clark to be superman. So to go to metropolis and see Lois, who he admires, but then realizes he is in an awkward situation where she is met by superman and is instantly smitten and h doesn't want to basically disrespect Lana, by starting a relationship with Lois, when, there's nothing stopping him dating Lana... so, it's presented in a way where clark enjoys Lois's company, he is falling for her, but is always holding off, but, as superman he can't help but see that as a shield where he can date her... as it's superman... not clark... like, we all wear masks, we all date someone out of our league and try and change to keep it up, why wouldn't clark... then we see clark, back at the farm and with Lana and their friendship is just, there is so much chemistry... it's almost like he shot himself in the foot.. that be interesting. Not the main focus, but the issues with having sect identities.. who are you, really?

I always felt it made way more sense for Lana and clark to have this crazy strong bond, she knew everything, she was his everything, but he and she knew the world needed clark to be superman.

That was the case in Smallville, but I don't think - based on my admittedly limited knowledge of comic books - that's an accurate summation of their relationship. But I think it makes perfect sense for them to be very good, even best, friends.

So to go to metropolis and see Lois, who he admires, but then realizes he is in an awkward situation where she is met by superman and is instantly smitten and h doesn't want to basically disrespect Lana, by starting a relationship with Lois, when, there's nothing stopping him dating Lana... so, it's presented in a way where clark enjoys Lois's company, he is falling for her, but is always holding off, but, as superman he can't help but see that as a shield where he can date her... as it's superman... not clark... like, we all wear masks, we all date someone out of our league and try and change to keep it up, why wouldn't clark... then we see clark, back at the farm and with Lana and their friendship is just, there is so much chemistry... it's almost like he shot himself in the foot.. that be interesting. Not the main focus, but the issues with having sect identities.. who are you, really?

Again, I don't think that's an accurate take on the relationship in question (in this case, Lois and Clark's). At least not entirely. Clark has spent a good chunk of his 80 year history chasing or being chased by Lois, and has struggled to reconcile his desire to protect his secrets with the challenges of maintaining a serious, adult relationship with the love of his life, but I think you're vastly overestimating Lana's place in that "triangle."

That was the case in Smallville, but I don't think - based on my admittedly limited knowledge of comic books - that's an accurate summation of their relationship. But I think it makes perfect sense for them to be very good, even best, friends.

Again, I don't think that's an accurate take on the relationship in question (in this case, Lois and Clark's). At least not entirely. Clark has spent a good chunk of his 80 year history chasing or being chased by Lois, and has struggled to reconcile his desire to protect his secrets with the challenges of maintaining a serious, adult relationship with the love of his life, but I think you're vastly overestimating Lana's place in that "triangle."

I hear you, but I did state that to me "it always felt it made way more sense"... I know what was cannon, I am saying, to me, in my mind, this flows better... jut an opinion.

Absolutely, that's what i thought when i saw the first episode of the Underground Railroad ( great so far, powerful)

Last edited:
Aaron Pierre who plays Caesar in The Underground Railroad could make a great Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod.
Just saw him in Old. He isn't in it much, but physically he's absolutely got it. That dude could step into the Supersuit today and be good to go without prep. He's also got very striking eyes and features which helps the alien angle.

If this production is really eyeing a black lead, he should be on a list. I'm gonna check him out on Underground Railroad to see more, fingers crossed he's got the range. The looks are there at least.

I just Googled him and I'm pretty sure he was already a regular on Krypton, lol.

I don't know his name but the father character in the show Them would make for a good Clark in a period piece
British rapper turned actor Ashley Thomas aka Bashy. He was also in Top Boy, The Night Of, Black Mirror and the 24 reboot.

Just saw him in Old. He isn't in it much, but physically he's absolutely got it. That dude could step into the Supersuit today and be good to go without prep. He's also got very striking eyes and features which helps the alien angle.

If this production is really eyeing a black lead, he should be on a list. I'm gonna check him out on Underground Railroad to see more, fingers crossed he's got the range. The looks are there at least.

It's my personal belief that there's a man of every race I could look at and go, "Boom. Right there. That's Superman."

Pieree's not one of those guys.

It's my personal belief that there's a man of every race I could look at and go, "Boom. Right there. That's Superman."

Pieree's not one of those guys.
I agree, he looks too lien with those deep eyes... Brainiac for sure...

Playing around with Artbreeder creating some Superman characters. Tried to avoid using any previous actors that have played them before.
famblam.jpg

Last edited:
Rege Jean Page is the worst SNL host I have ever seen, he was genuinely so awful. I don’t ever want him to play a character I like. Especially one that requires a degree of comedic timing, which he just doesn’t have at all.

Sterling K. Brown is my favorite Lex choice right now
That works. He was good in The Predator. I still think the idea of this movie is stupid. Just do a traditional Kal El movie with Brainiac as the villain.. the whole race subplot is unnecessary AF. AND if they do change his race, don’t make that a central plot point.

Im on board for the MBJ movie but this sounds really stupid and unnecessary. Just make a MOS2 for gods sake..

That works. He was good in The Predator. I still think the idea of this movie is stupid. Just do a traditional Kal El movie with Brainiac as the villain.. the whole race subplot is unnecessary AF. AND if they do change his race, don’t make that a central plot point.

Im on board for the MBJ movie but this sounds really stupid and unnecessary. Just make a MOS2 for gods sake..
it just looks desperate to me, 'we aren't sure what to do with superman, let's make him black.'

Now the multiverse is established... so many possibilities of other earth supermen.

I secretly hope MBJ's Superman project takes over the Coates black-Superman project and for film a new reboot (classic Superman) is made in the vein of Matt Reeves Batman (in the sense that it has no connection to the DCEU and is made by someone who has a passion for Superman).

I fine with whatever Black Superman story they decide to go with.

Either way , it's not gonna be part of the DCEU and an MOS 2 ain't happening.

We can have a White Superman and a Black Superman at the same time and the world won't end.

Most Fans have had zero issues with multiple White Supermen co-existing in different universes , so it really shouldn't be that big a deal of one of the Supermen happens to be Black.

It's not so much black vs white for me (even though my preference for Superman is to remain to look caucasian) but it's Clark Kent/ Kal-El vs some other Superman.

I fine with whatever Black Superman story they decide to go with.

Either way , it's not gonna be part of the DCEU and an MOS 2 ain't happening.

We can have a White Superman and a Black Superman at the same time and the world won't end.

Most Fans have had zero issues with multiple White Supermen co-existing in different universes , so it really shouldn't be that big a deal of one of the Supermen happens to be Black.

That's the thing, there are many alternate supermen to pick from, fans won't mind at all..

but it's where they change the character, with a different race, it gives you a different perspective and it can totally change the character.. plus we all know they use the race as bait... the average audience member doesn't want a political assessment or see race issues for 90 mins - if they did there are many characters to go down that route with, which they should and why not.. but don't use Clark Kent as bait...

It's not so much black vs white for me (even though my preference for Superman is to remain to look caucasian) but it's Clark Kent/ Kal-El vs some other Superman.

I hear ya, I am predominantly interested in Kal - El, however, if they give me another 'superman' story... and I feel inspired by it.. then go ahead... as I would do any super hero... I personally wanted to see Steel be introduced to the DCEU - give us a few Cavill scenes pre BvS where he helped John Henry, then his death on the media, world reacts and then we see Steel emerge to protect the city's most vulnerable...

Im African American and I'm neither more or less interested in Clark Kent if he is black. I also don't mind seeing race issues play out on screen, I think having literal Superman combat racial injustice could be very powerful. It poses the question that there are tons of things a Black (which wouldn't technically be Black since he is an alien) could be doing to help people on Earth that look like him but Sometimes thats not how it plays out.

We arnt getting MOS 2 regardless and if they replaced Cavill with another white guy then it would make people angry anyway so do a little bit of experimenting. Is it a cash grab? Maybe IDC, im not gonna get angry over a company Trying to make money. Between this and the MBJ Val-Zod project thats 2 more Supermen we had on screen than last year. Clark Kent has been white before and he will be white again, if Im dissapointed with the film when it comes out then I sincerely doubt it'll be because Clarks black. There are tons other issues that can plague a movie.

Im African American and I'm neither more or less interested in Clark Kent if he is black. I also don't mind seeing race issues play out on screen, I think having literal Superman combat racial injustice could be very powerful. It poses the question that there are tons of things a Black (which wouldn't technically be Black since he is an alien) could be doing to help people on Earth that look like him but Sometimes thats not how it plays out.

We arnt getting MOS 2 regardless and if they replaced Cavill with another white guy then it would make people angry anyway so do a little bit of experimenting. Is it a cash grab? Maybe IDC, im not gonna get angry over a company Trying to make money. Between this and the MBJ Val-Zod project thats 2 more Supermen we had on screen than last year. Clark Kent has been white before and he will be white again, if Im dissapointed with the film when it comes out then I sincerely doubt it'll be because Clarks black. There are tons other issues that can plague a movie.

He doesn't need to be black to do that, infact, skin color for anyone fighting injustices has nothing to do with it.

1938, when superman was created, just how and why he was created and what was the world like at the time will intrigue and shock some people...

Two immigrant kids, of jewish faith, in America, witness a father shot and killed... look at Kal El's features, the imagery of faith in the lore...

that Is as needed and relevant as wakanda is to BP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"