The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Corey Burton was too perfect as Brainiac in STAS, I don’t think anyone could beat that voice. He played the live action Cad Bane in Book of Boba Fett… If he’s good enough for that and flawlessly jumped to live action they should just bring him back as Brainiac in “Man of Tomorrow”.

967DB4FD-3123-4612-972E-253E415E1C63.jpeg

A reboot cast

METROPOLIS
934048153806393.Y3JvcCwxMDA3LDc4OCwxOTcsMA.jpg

The Cast

Superman : David Corenswet

https%3A%2F%2Fonechicagocenter.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F02%2FNUP_175519_1392.jpg

Lois Lane : Monica Barbaro (Top Gun : Maverick)

jamie-campbell-bower-main-image.jpg

Brainiac: Jamie Campbell Brown (Stranger Things)

8l2o6m0kjmg81.jpg

Lex Luthor : Cory Stoll ( House Of Cards)

636427316462427014-BR-TRL-035r.jpg

Mercy Graves : Sylvia Hoeks (Bladerunner : 2049)

Dallas-Dupree-Young.jpg

Jimmy Olsen : Dallas Dupree Young ( Cobra Kai)

gettyimages-693790138_wide-4911586677fbf2c7bd0881619550f25c58917fb9.jpg

Perry White : Courtney B Vance ( The People versus OJ Simpson)

tumblr_phtn82iIzx1xub13no1_400.gif

Cat Grant : Jing Lusi ( Crazy Rich Asians)

bruce-greenwood-oj-simpson-1140x600.webp

Jonathan Kent : Bruce Greenwood ( Star Trek)

rs_600x600-190515054116-600-2-sela-ward-fbi-ch-051519.jpg

Martha Kent : Sela Ward ( The Day After Tomorrow)

For real though Corey Burton’s voice can’t be topped for Brainiac. He doesn’t have star power but does Brainiac even need a big name?

Whoever plays Brainiac will likely be under layers of prosthetics or be doing mo-cap. I would prefer the former; I don’t think Brainy needs to be all CGI. Anyway, I don’t know that you need a big name but I would probably favor going after someone more known for live action roles than voice roles simply because Superman’s foes (outside of Lex and Zod) have generally been ignored and passed over in live action. Casting a name actor would indicate that they are taking Superman’s #2 Big Bad seriously.

Some names that are worth considering…

Tilda Swinton
Claes Bang
Samantha Morton
Ben Whishaw
Eddie Redmayne

Brainiac could be played by a wide variety of actors and actresses.

In terms of actresses for a reboot, I like

Comer_20221017143316.jpg

Jodie Cormer

Vanessa-Kirby.jpg

Vanessa Kirby

ab03abe739c7623727d1433c4596f2a1.gif

Anya Taylor Joy

I have no idea how any of this shakes out anymore, but this one just occurred to me…

Lois Lane - Rashida Jones

588efa69e954174c9a867ea84bcab448ae9ed770.gif

I have never seen her in a snappy, fast talking and strong role before. Her characters in the shows I have seen her in have all been quiet and meek.

I have never seen her in a snappy, fast talking and strong role before. Her characters in the shows I have seen her in have all been quiet and meek.
… are you sure those roles have actually been her? :huh:

… are you sure those roles have actually been her? :huh:

I'm not sure what you mean, but it is why I said the roles I have seen her in.

If she has had sassy roles I'd love to know them to see her play that type of role.

I'm not sure what you mean, but it is why I said the roles I have seen her in.

If she has had sassy roles I'd love to know them to see her play that type of role.
I just mean I’ve literally never seen her in a role I would describe as meek. Even when she’s playing a nice girl, there’s usually a bit of a bite there.

I just mean I’ve literally never seen her in a role I would describe as meek. Even when she’s playing a nice girl, there’s usually a bit of a bite there.

Fair enough, I guess I just don't personally see her having the bite that I imagine Lois would have (only going from what I have seen)

As I have suggested earlier I could see someone like Zazzie Beetz having that strength based on what I have seen from her. I have seen more range her than Rashida Jones. But actor can surprise you.

Desperately need everyone's opinion on this.
If Gunn recasts Superman, who do you think he'd choose?

Gunn ain't casting anybody. That's not his role.

Gunn ain't casting anybody. That's not his role.
Feige is involved with every casting decision in the MCU. I think Gunn would be quite a bit involved with casting who would ideally be the face of the franchise he's gonna be spear-heading for ideally the next 10 years.
That and I also think there's a chance he's actually directing Superman.

Feige is involved with every casting decision in the MCU. I think Gunn would be quite a bit involved with casting who would ideally be the face of the franchise he's gonna be spear-heading for ideally the next 10 years.
That and I also think there's a chance he's actually directing Superman.
He turned Superman down before because he knew he was wrong for it. That would make no sense.

And Gunn's not Feige. DC Studios doesn't have the structure of Marvel Studios to even HAVE a Feige.

He turned Superman down before because he knew he was wrong for it. That would make no sense.

And Gunn's not Feige. DC Studios doesn't have the structure of Marvel Studios to even HAVE a Feige.
I know Gunn said that, but at the same time it's possible he may have changed his mind, especially because even back then when he said that he didn't rule out the possibility that maybe one day he'd be interested in it. And months ago he played weirdly coy.
2022-11-25 01_36_07-Groove Música.png
Also, I think you're wrong regarding the whole "DC Studios doesn't have the infrastructure to even have a Feige", that may have been true of DC Films, but DC Studios is an entirely new beast, one that Zaslav has made explicitly clear he made with the intention of setting up the same structure Marvel had and he also explicitly stated, before Gunn was hired, that he was looking for someone to put in the Feige position, which ended up being Gunn and Safran. They've been extremely clear about that.

I know Gunn said that, but at the same time it's possible he may have changed his mind, especially because even back then when he said that he didn't rule out the possibility that maybe one day he'd be interested in it. And months ago he played weirdly coy.
View attachment 60211
Also, I think you're wrong regarding the whole "DC Studios doesn't have the infrastructure to even have a Feige", that may have been true of DC Films, but DC Studios is an entirely new beast, one that Zaslav has made explicitly clear he made with the intention of setting up the same structure Marvel had and he also explicitly stated, before Gunn was hired, that he was looking for someone to put in the Feige position, which ended up being Gunn and Safran. They've been extremely clear about that.
They can “restructure” all they want. They’ll never be an independent studio with the level of autonomy Marvel Studios was assured when they were acquired. That would require several people at the top to voluntarily give up their power and say in what the studio does, and people and corporations just don’t work like that.

Also that Gunn quote reiterated him not having a desire to make it, so I don’t see that being “coy” at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"