The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Danny Mcbride for Lombard?
No? Yes? Maybe?

No. McBride can’t play anything but McBride and while that persona might kinda fit Lombard, I would rather they hire someone with a little more range. I know Lombard probably won’t have a lot of screen time or much of an arc, but whenever McBride shows up in anything, it makes it feel like a damned joke.

No. McBride can’t play anything but McBride and while that persona might kinda fit Lombard, I would rather they hire someone with a little more range. I know Lombard probably won’t have a lot of screen time or much of an arc, but whenever McBride shows up in anything, it makes it feel like a damned joke.
But isn't that the whole point of Lombard?
A womanizer who thinks he's way more than he actually is, and everyone is laughing at him behind his back.
The role needs filled by an azz, and there is no bigger azz than he lol.
Well, maybe Rob Lowe is bigger, but I digress..

But isn't that the whole point of Lombard?
A womanizer who thinks he's way more than he actually is, and everyone is laughing at him behind his back.
The role needs filled by an azz, and there is no bigger azz than he lol.
Well, maybe Rob Lowe is bigger, but I digress..
Yeah I agree with that but I don’t know. I feel like he’s one of those people that takes you out of the movie. You would see him and you wouldn’t think, “Wow, Lombard is a d-bag.” You would think, “Oh, it’s Danny McBride.”
Danny McBride is actually an extremely good dramatic actor

Is he? I only watched the first season of Royal Gemstones and aside from a couple moments, he was pretty much just doing his usual shtick.

How about Wendell Pierce for Perry White? I only really know him from The Wire but he's popped up in other shows/films I've seen & I like him.

wendell-pierce-daniel-hambury.jpg

He'd be great, but I doubt he would do another makeup intensive role.

Would it really be that intensive though? It would realistically only going to be his head, possibly his hands/arms depending on the look.

It would be funny if Bautista was Bibbo

Him in Blade Runner mode would be a cool Brainiac though.

If Braniac is CG than it would only require a mocap performance. I'd actually prefer that to heavy prosthetics.

It’s probably the only character where that idea would make sense. Especially if they go for a STAS inspired Brainiac. Obviously I prefer a real actor but it could generate a lot of discussion if they actually did that

It’s probably the only character where that idea would make sense. Especially if they go for a STAS inspired Brainiac. Obviously I prefer a real actor but it could generate a lot of discussion if they actually did that
Ehh. It would, at best, make for a mildly interesting piece of trivia after the fact. But there’s almost no chance the execution would be worth the scrutiny they’d face.

Lee Pace makes a lot of sense for Brainiac, but I’d imagine he’d play it exactly how he played both Thandruil and Ronan (but with green makeup!)

Different script and type of character altogether, I can't imagine his performance would be anything like those roles at all.

Could easily do Brainiac the same way Thanos was done, mo-cap.
I would bet at this point in his career he wants to focus on roles that do not involve make up or mo-cap.

I would like him to play Vandal Savage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"