The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

I mean, if we’re being honest, Tomei was already in her fifties when she began playing May. That’s not a crazy bit of de-aging for the character (I imagine many fifty-something women in the 1960s looked not far off from comic Aunt May). It’s just that Tomei in her fifties looked incredible.
That's why I made a point of saying relative

I mean, if we’re being honest, Tomei was already in her fifties when she began playing May. That’s not a crazy bit of de-aging for the character (I imagine many fifty-something women in the 1960s looked not far off from comic Aunt May). It’s just that Tomei in her fifties looked incredible.
Good point. I read my first Spider-Man comic books as a kid in like early/mid 70s, and already then I felt May looked more like a grand parent than an actual aunt to a high school teen.

We know the Kents are in this, the age range and the fact they'll be unknowns per DCULeaks.

Next up for casting is Ma and Pa Kent. Gunn is looking at actors in their 50s-70s and lesser known names.

Also honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Jor-El isn't even in this at this point or if he is it's in the exact same fashion Thomas Wayne was in The Batman lmao. Gunn's comic inspirations (Birthright, All-Star, Ending Battle) don't really feature Jor-El in the hologram daddy form at all. And to be honest, if he isn't in this? Good riddance. I think that the fact that Clark can talk to his space dad via an hologram that basically behaves as the real human being minimizes the loss of his biological parents.

50s is old enough to be a parent to a 30 something year old. Heck I'm 31 and my parents are 52.

I still think Paul Reiser (67) and Patricia Clarkson (64) would make good Kents

50s is old enough to be a parent to a 30 something year old. Heck I'm 31 and my parents are 52.
That's true, though the Kents are usually an older couple who have given up on the idea of having kids of their own.

Yeah, I don't think the Kents being on their 20s when they find Clark works, I like the idea of them having tried for many years to have children but couldn't.

To me, I think it’s just a matter of shaking up the formula. Smallville gave us young Kents, MOS gave us reasonably young Kents (Superman and Lois did give us older Kents, but killed them both off before we even got to know them), so I say… let’s switch things up a bit. Old Kents, all the way.

To me, I think it’s just a matter of shaking up the formula. Smallville gave us young Kents, MOS gave us reasonably young Kents (Superman and Lois did give us older Kents, but killed them both off before we even got to know them), so I say… let’s switch things up a bit. Old Kents, all the way.
In fairness, Annette O Toole was 49 in the pilot of Smallville, 59 by the finale... and he'd only just had his first Superman appearance by then, so she'd be in her 60s in his early Supes career.

Martha passes away in S&L when Clark has two 15 year old sons, who were conceived at least a couple of years after Superman first appeared on the scene. So you could put her at mid to late 70s, and it would still fit with Smallville's timeline?

I think 49 is a reasonable age for the Kents to find Clark as a baby/be raising kid Clark, so if they are casting for flashbacks/memory's, it would be pretty consistent with the norm.

Old Kents for me too and I want them to hang around a while and play an important emotional part to the story, giving Clark a good outlet when he needs it away from all the chaos.

The rock as Jonathan
Angelina Jolie as martha..........

Kidding. But Can you imagine.

Little clark accidentally smashes a tractor.
Rock/Jonathan raises an eyebrow at him.
Martha /Jolie just smirks and gives a smoldering gaze.

Ugh. It hurts to even think about.

I'd like it if Jonathan Kent appeared as a poorly rendered half-man/half-scorpion CGI creature.

tenor.gif

Tim Allen will bring the Pa Kent gravitas.

^ Republican.

As far as the Kents go: my preference is that they sit this one out. IMO, they’re superfluous after they’ve raised Clark and he becomes Superman. The Metropolis cast can fill in for them quite easily

Gunn probably would never hire Tim Allen as Allen is know to be extremely difficult to work with

*stares blankly at the last half-page*

*dials phone*

James?? James, it’s me. You’ve gotta deploy the Jonathan and Martha casting. This **** is getting out of hand.

*stares blankly at the last half-page*

*dials phone*

James?? James, it’s me. You’ve gotta deploy the Jonathan and Martha casting. This **** is getting out of hand.
What's that... You said The Krasinskis? :o

1712030714430.gif
1712030754308.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"