• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Hype Encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
hippie_hunter said:
We need articles on:

Bale Dammit

political threads

various superhero movies that had a forum

Bale, Dammit!: Phrase that people would repeat to express their desire to see actor Christian Bale portray Bruce Wayne in the impending relaunch of the "Batman" movie series. Online support for Bale became extremely popular, and he was eventually casted as the lead in the Christopher Nolan-directed "Batman Begins", a 2005 hit that is considered one of the best comic book adaptations ever made.

Political Threads: Threads created to debate politics, in some form or another. Often start out as reports of events, which are then debated/spun/lied about/ignored by the many far left/far right posters on the Hype. Though civil discourse has been known to last as much as five or six pages in a thread, depending on who is interested in the subject matter, they all eventually spiral into the same few talking points repeated ad nauseam. Great places to meet new friends.

Superhero forums: Created when a new comic adaptation is announced. If the film is succesful, and sequels are planned, the forum stays open (see "Spider-Man", "Batman", "X-Men"). If the film bombs, the forum doesn't last far beyond the DVD release (see "Elektra", "LXG"). Sub-forums usually include general discussion, spoiler, comic book/source material discussion/products, sequel talk. Game forums were recently merged into the regular Gaming Forum.

Somebody write about the Political Forum that was axed soon after it's introduction. I didn't frequent it that much but it sure was a great read every now and then.

Batman Vs Spider-man - one of the funniest arguements I've ever read in my entire life. The Batman logic still numbs my brain.

Batman Vs. Wolverine is a close second.

hippie_hunter said:
PALADIN was only great if you agreed with his views. He was an ass to everyone else :o

Actually he was pretty much an ass all the time. It didn't matter if you agreed with him or not. It still does not take away from his greatness.

Spider-Freddie: The most notrious spammer/troll to hit the hype. He has been banned more times than anyone can count and still registers with a new name. He is most infamous for his desire of the character Robin to be in the new Batman movies. He also holds the record for one of his accounts being banned after 1 post which included nothing that violated the rules of the Hype.

Mr.Parker - An infamous poster long gone from the Hype. Founder of the original "Organics Suck!!!" thread.
His constant claims that both Spider-Man movies were not in fact the character from which the films get their titles. It seemed to him that having a boy named Peter Parker who gets bitten my a spider, gains amazing abilities, fights a man named Norman Osborn who has become the Green Goblin after a lab accident was indeed "not Spider-Man, this is ManSpider". He also had an immense dislike of all Batman films.
Often in league with a former poster bakerboy who shared many of the same views as Mr.Parker.

Dope Nose said:
really? but didn't "teh puffy" mean 'too puffy'?

I always thought teh puffy was created in reference to Brandon Routh's padded Superman Suit shoulders...:confused:

teh puffy came from Batman's costume I believe. If looked like it was marshmellow spray painted in black paint.

what about goatsie, or what ever it was, i heard it still scars some people to this day.....

oh, and whovians:up:

WaffleKnockers said:
Don't forget Mr. Peg
I'll try to do this in a non-biased fashion:

Mr. Peg - The name given by longtime HYPE mod Hollow Wood Director to a series of supposedly "horrific" top-secret photos he claimed to have in his possession back around October of 2002. HWD started a thread describing the photos as being taken from a secret government experiment and asking for volunteers to sign a "disclaimer" absolving him and SHH of all responsibility if he were to PM this series of photos, which he claimed could result in hallucinations and paranoia after viewing them (somewhat similar to the concept seen in the then-current films The Ring, and Fear Dot Com). Several deadlines to send the PM's to the interested parties came and went, and after HWD went missing from the HYPE boards for a while there were frustrated questions as to what the point of the whole thing was -- a failed experiment? A drawn-out prank with no punchline? No one except the poster Speedin' Bullet ever claimed that they received the "Mr. Peg" pictures, and Speedin' Bullet made numerous rambling posts claiming to have seen hallucinations and even being arrested for attempting to attack a policeman with a sword. HWD later claimed to have erased the photos from his hard drive, and after the original Mr. Peg thread was finally locked to keep curious newbies from bumping it, that was that.

While HWD's ultimate motives in the Mr. Peg incident have never been revealed, the name "Mr. Peg" pops up every now and then as a synonym for some imaginary horrible thing whose bark is worse than its bite. ;)

Wait, Serenity was lovesteppenwolf?!

I should have known. That bastard just keeps coming back.

bakerboy - A former member of the Hype. Often in league with Mr.Parker also formerly of the Hype. Much like Mr.Parker, bakerboy also had a strong dislike of the Spider-Man films. Accusing those who liked them of being "untrue fans of spidye" and generally agreeing with most any anti-Spidey remark made by his aforementioned ally.
bakerboy had an immense love of actress Michelle Pfeiffer. It is thought his name comes from the film Michelle was in The Fabulous Bakerboys. He also thought Michelle should be cast in every movie, no matter what the role. He often called for Michelle to be cast as Mary Jane in the Spider-Man movies.
bakerboy had a knack for terrible spelling and a lack of basic grammar, even as he accused many Hypesters of being "untrue fans wiht bad grammer". Often clashed with Hype member Matt.

goatse vs. tubgirl
meh
w00t!
Empress Dew and her army of penguins

JLBats said:
Wait, Serenity was lovesteppenwolf?!

I should have known. That bastard just keeps coming back.

for real??? I remember him... I take back what I said then. He was a cool guy.

My fault Lovestepphenwolf.

i just wanna point ou ti love this thread!:up:

and vote it to be STICKIED!.... it helps us noobs get caught up on the UNVIVERSE SHH!....:O

Equint77 said:
for real??? I remember him... I take back what I said then. He was a cool guy.

My fault Lovestepphenwolf.

You're thinking of the wrong guy. lovesteppenwolf was a fundamentalist, creationist Christian who was prone to lying about idiocy. For instance, he once started a thread saying that his brother had just died in Iraq to get people to like him.

JLBats said:
You're thinking of the wrong guy. lovesteppenwolf was a fundamentalist, creationist Christian who was prone to lying about idiocy. For instance, he once started a thread saying that his brother had just died in Iraq to get people to like him.

hmm I must have missed that whole thing.... in that case I retract what I said in this thread.....

they can both suck balls. :o

He also made a fan fic making fun of 9/11 victims.

JLBats said:
He also made a fan fic making fun of 9/11 victims.

oh ok.. I'd better not hear anymore...... I get the point.

This guy's a real *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back