Homecoming The Inevitable Video Game Thread

Definitely! It would be a fresh addition to the Spider-Man game franchise as we haven't seen that before.

I remember struggling to defeat Doc Ock in the final battle back then.

I thought that battle was easy hahaha, the part that I was stuck on forever was the Mysterio mission where you have to leap from the moving tiles and stuff haha

I wonder if Insomniac is privy to Homecoming materials and took some inspiration from the web-pits and utilize them in the game similar to how they function in the movie. That would offer an interesting gameplay mechanic.

That would be a fun, unique aspect to this game. I'm really just hoping for the best open-world NYC ever.

I thought that battle was easy hahaha, the part that I was stuck on forever was the Mysterio mission where you have to leap from the moving tiles and stuff haha

Ha! I thought Ock was WAAYYY harder than Mysterio. I did love Mysterio in that game though lol.

Shocker battles in Spider-Man 2 are some of the most fun boss battles in memory. Beenox failed in making any of their boss battles half as enjoyable, not in their linear games, and certainly not in their open world games, their Shocker battle is lame.
Spidey's comments and sparring repetitious nature made them entertaining, Tobey Maguire's voice and semi-monotone delivery helped at that.

Not sure what to expect from boss battles in the new game, one thing for certain is they will be far superior to the lazy Shocker fight in TASM2.

This game, Detroit: Become Human and Days Gone are my most hyped games for next year.

THIS is Amazing. Gave me Goosebumps. Insomniac you have done it.

If only we could find a director who could pull off shots like that in a live action film.

well some of it was pretty similar to raimi.

but yea, it looks more cinematic than homecoming.

DANG 2018 though. Well take your time.

Was over the moon till I saw Miles. Sorry to anyone that likes him, but I'm sick of the character.

But holy crap that gameplay is too fantastic! :wow:

^same. Like can they stop shoving him down our throats? I know people like him but holy crap I want Peter by himself as Spider-Man now that miles is in this game it's going to not focus solely on Peter.

^same. Like can they stop shoving him down our throats? I know people like him but holy crap I want Peter by himself as Spider-Man now that miles is in this game it's going to not focus solely on Peter.

as long as Miles is a supporting, non playable character, then I don't mind.

With Marvel's current obsession with the different Spider-Men, you can bet that Miles will be playable.

ikr? the comics, the new cartoon & now the video game.....

I'm just praying he doesn't show up in the MCU any time soon

Let's we if we see Spider-Gwen and all the other Spider people as well...

Will this game beat Spider-Man 2 (the video game)?

I said it with the teaser, I'll say it again; this looks like the Amazing Spider-Man games, with certain improvements.

Things I want to see gone:
  1. *****e Spider-Man. I hate his characterization in the last two console movie tie-ins.
  2. A time limit for stopping a runaway car. I hate how I had to stop a number of cars before they escape the island in TASM games.
  3. Cutscenes before street missions. Somehow I think I should be confident that issue won't plague this game.
    Be forced to sit through a pat on the back, or blame. That is one thing I can honestly say I despise in TASM2.

SPIDER-MAN. Not the fancy title I was expecting.
Will this game beat Spider-Man 2 (the video game)?
As in be better? As far as quality goes; Ultimate Spider-Man is the best developed Spidey game from Activision, smooth controls and most polished game overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE

:hmr::ilv::wow::hubba:tmm::jd::csh::hrt:::susd:

giphy.gif

Watching how the crane is quickly unhinged and falls from that slow bump on second view makes me believe I will have lots of fun laughing at the story of this game. When I do eventually share my commentary, please don't correct me or explain why I'm wrong, joking about stuff is part of the fun.

This video game preview lifted my Spidey mood. I'm also hopeful for Homecoming. :)

Looks great. Loved the Miles cameo at the end as well (plus the grousing I expected to see online:oldrazz:).

Not a huge fan of the Kingpin design but it's great to see him again. I love how fluid the swinging looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"