Homecoming The Inevitable Video Game Thread

Neat preview. Hope Miles is plays too.
Finnaly a really good Spider-Man game after so long.
tumblr_orh1xdlJNu1vke6hbo2_540.gif

Hope this is the cover. :p

Mods should have merged or closed this thread already

Mods should have merged or closed this thread already

Seconded. There's already a thread for this game in the Sony board and since it's not a movie tie-in, it really doesn't belong here.

kudos for the video game. I hope that it is popular. I also hope that the controls are manageable and not too complicated.

The sample we were shown gives us hope that it will be a fine middle ground.

I had an interesting thought about Miles. I was thinking this game looks pretty finished so what could they be working on that would take another year? Could it be Co-op? I doubt it but with would be a good reason to include Miles at the end.

Finnaly a really good Spider-Man game after so long.
tumblr_orh1xdlJNu1vke6hbo2_540.gif

That was probably the single best shot from any Spider-man game yet.

At first when I saw the crane crash sequence and then how the helicopter chase went, I initially thought this Spider-Man is pretty reckless, looking at the video repeatedly tells me that Marty's powers were unexpected, and the destruction is more hard luck than reckless behavior.

If the game is more like the demo, then I will safely believe that this team understands mature Spidey, possibly more than Treyarch did. Of all the Activision studios succeeding Neversoft, Treyarch came as one of two studios understanding the character.
http://kotaku.com/the-new-spider-man-game-wont-let-you-kill-anybody-1796101031

Pretty much confirms Peter Parker gameplay. Also QTE are relegated to set-pieces only.
“It’s certain scenarios we’ve put him in, certain abilities he’ll do during combat to prevent people from dying,” Intihar said. “So whether it’s about deciding where stuff gets placed or how it unfolds, Spider-Man’s not gonna be killing people. That’s not the game we want to make.”
This feels awkward coming as a quote from someone whose surname is 'SUICIDE'.

I really wanted to throw criminals off of roofs, or swing them high and toss them midair, like the Treyarch open world games allowed us to do.

Gameplay looks incredible, just watched it for the first time today. Really blew me away. I'm super excited for this story.

Mods will do what they like. I don't see the actual harm it does keeping a long running thread here for those who hang out in this section more predominantly.

It seems that the fellas at Insomniac chose to take the best ideas introduced by Dan Slott without ignoring what made Peter Parker a great character, especially any of the good runs before One More Dud.

I thought we'd see less of Miles for this game.

This game takes inspiration from both New Avengers vol 1 and Marvel Knights Spider-Man in the new gameplay footage, made me think I want to see Luke Cage and Spider-Man in a snappy dialogue exchanged between them regarding this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"