Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

If it isnt a go then it isnt confirmed. I can confirm I am writing a script too...though it isnt about Joker and it totally friggin sucks ;) :o

(I think we are all on the same page here just gettinbg pedantic because its the internet and that is what we do)

I still think this movie will came out scorsese dont like typical comic book movies so it will make sense this movie was not announced in the dc fandome

Who knows ? Since we already have J.K. Simmons as Comissioner Gordon facing Keaton as Batman in Batgirl, Dafoe could just show up in this new timeline/universe, or whatever this is, without much explications... But to be honest, in my opinion, him as Joker should deserve "better"...

Last edited:
I’m sorry but I think they need a Joker for the DCEU, and it won’t be Joaquin, Jared (shudder), or Keoghan. Just give it to Willem Dafoe, it makes perfect sense. The timeline is retconned so Simmons is Keaton’s Gordon, Willem being Joker fits. I want this bad!

Rumors of Lady Gaga or Rooney Mara as Harley Quinn are circulating, I’m all for it. I found this King of Comedy reference in Harley and Ivy no. 3. Funny how Joker references that movie so heavily years later.

672C1A89-A952-4394-8BBA-2F2F7D3A8F95.png

Harley Quinn has the potential to be a coveted role like Joker has become. It should be an attractive role to prestigious actresses. With the right actress/material, Harley Quinn could be an Oscar worthy role. After all, her paramour has garnered two Oscars. Lady Gaga would be a ton of fun in this role, I think she would kill it. Margot Robbie has played a Harley Quinn 3 times now, and my opinion of her hasn’t really changed. She’s not bad, but the character has so much more potential than what Margot Robbie has shown so far.

I would love for Reeves and Phillips to use a recast version of the character. Lady Gaga would honestly be so perfect and she could make that accent sound authentic (unlike Margot Robbie)

8DBFFDD1-DAAB-4AB6-A9F0-A738D8692B25.jpeg

Last edited:
It's weird. Mara I can see absolutely, yet Gaga has the weirdness that makes her ideal for Harleen, and she was very good in House of Gucci...but right now, I almost feel like her being in that role would be distracting unless she completely disappeared into the role. In the way that, say, Jim Carrey did in Kick-Ass 2 or Ledger did with The Dark Knight. She'd no doubt do a good job, even a great job, but kind of like when Anne Hathaway was confirmed as Selina Kyle in Rises, I just don't see it.

Then again, all it took was for Hathaway to drop that "Oops" to convince me with one word. But hey, it's all rumors right now, so who knows? I still don't think a Joker sequel is necessary, if it actually happens.

I see Mara as more of a Selina type, she’s always very subdued. Gaga would kill it as Harley, it’s perfect. I’m not sure why I never thought of it!

An insider, huh? Okay.

If this comes to pass, Phoenix must really be invested in the story and what Phillips has cooked up, which does give me confidence. Again, this is the same actor who turned down playing Doctor Strange- but at least he and Marvel Studios ended it on good terms- so for him to do Joker not once, but twice? He must really see something there that's worth playing it again.

Hopefully lightning strikes twice in a bottle. I may not think a Joker sequel is necessary...but if they've got a story that convinced Phoenix to come back, I'm at least interested.

After disappearing up his own arse talking about real films with the last Joker, I look forward to how Todd Phillips discusses his sequel.

If Joker 2 is confirmed we will get 3 different Batman universes the DCEU,Matt Reeves universe and Jokerverse

Yeah, not buying it for now.

Yup, as much as i hate the scoopers...if they spill the beans about it, it has more value than some random site i never heard about claiming a insider told them.
At the moment this is just a site hoping for clicks.

I believe heroic hollywood was Eh, Maybe?'s old site. Not sure if he is still involved cause his credibility has been dead for years.

I’m okay with a Joker 2 if it’s almost as if the first film didn’t happen and we just get a completely different portrayal of Phoenix telling another story. With that said, if they put Harley in this (which I hope they don’t) please don’t cast Gaga. There are so many good actresses to pick from….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"