The Joker Thread - Part 1

Leto does The Joker the way most normal people do a bad impression of Heath Ledger.

...also, Dudley Dursley as Joker is absolutely inspired and this Potter reunion must now happen.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's mimicking Ledger. I'm really surprised people like that scene :funny:

Leto does The Joker the way most normal people do a bad impression of Heath Ledger.

...also, Dudley Dursley as Joker is absolutely inspired and this Potter reunion must now happen.
He’s starting to break out more into different roles, I’m for it.

Still don’t love Leto’s Joker, but at the very least, he actually seemed somewhat Joker-y during the Knightmare scene. More than I can say for his part in Suicide Squad.

So I'm now of the belief that Penguin's strange triangular scar was the work of the Joker. I think Joker was cutting the skin from his mouth to leave him with a gnarly full toothed grin, but was interrupted during the process and Penguin was saved from an agonizing death. It's possible Joker also shot him in the leg and gave him his trademark waddle that requires a leg brace. We know how Joker likes to cripple people...

On the scar: This is clearly multiple cuts, and not slashes you'd get in a brawl, w/ the top part going from his upper lip like a cleft lip and outwards to his cheek being the deepest of the cuts. You can see the weird bits in the corner which is the result of suturing a deep cut (you see this on Ledger's glasgow smile in TDK)/
upload_2021-3-22_11-57-4.png
And here's my terrible mockup of what this could have looked like if completed.PenguinJokerScar.png
And here is one of Joker's victims from the comics:
Rt9FjphWKrREwfTaAm82i5.jpg

david-bowie-en-1980124945.jpg

More Joker energy that I think suits the character. Would any of y'all even care/object to just full-on English accent Joker?

So I'm now of the belief that Penguin's strange triangular scar was the work of the Joker. I think Joker was cutting the skin from his mouth to leave him with a gnarly full toothed grin, but was interrupted during the process and Penguin was saved from an agonizing death. It's possible Joker also shot him in the leg and gave him his trademark waddle that requires a leg brace. We know how Joker likes to cripple people...

On the scar: This is clearly multiple cuts, and not slashes you'd get in a brawl, w/ the top part going from his upper lip like a cleft lip and outwards to his cheek being the deepest of the cuts. You can see the weird bits in the corner which is the result of suturing a deep cut (you see this on Ledger's glasgow smile in TDK)/
View attachment 44424
And here's my terrible mockup of what this could have looked like if completed.View attachment 44425
And here is one of Joker's victims from the comics:
Rt9FjphWKrREwfTaAm82i5.jpg
I appreciate those close-up pics of Farrell, because I’m pretty sure I can make out Venom in his eye...

BBT knows I don’t like that Penguin/Joker theory, but I get what he’s trying to say with the shape of the scar. I just don’t like all these villains (especially Penguin) being tied to Joker. I love the drops theory so much and I hope that’s the only thing that connects directly to Mr J. Otherwise, leave him away from everything else. Small doses for now. The development of Catwoman, Riddler, Two-Face, Penguin...just have it separate from the Joker and separate from each other really. At least physically speaking.

Cobblepot’s scars would be better suited to be a mob hit gone wrong. Showing how resourceful Oswald can be. He’s the enemy to a lot of ppl but he survived one hit, yeaaaars ago. Before there were clowns roaming around.

Falcone being scratched by Selina is my limit. Of course I’m open to anything but that’s my stance as of now.

It's like, not a stretch at all. It's just a possible explanation that absolutely makes sense for something this world's version of Joker might do. It's a good explanation for the very specific scar shape on Penguin. What else fits that scarring? Whether it's Joker or not it seems like mutilation as opposed to something from a brawl, and then it becomes the question of why cut those scars, why connect the two cuts at the corner like that. Idk it makes sense to me

It's a stretch because we don't even know for sure if Joker will be in these movies, let alone that he is the one responsible for Penguin's scars. There's nothing to suggest this, but I appreciate that it's just a theory of yours.
I always think I'm bringing some fun idea to discuss, no matter how believable it might be, and the interaction is always "no lol". Lmao where else do I go to talk about this stuff other than a forum dedicated to Joker in this film series. Like we could discuss the validity of the theory, but we could also discuss what the theory being true could actually mean. I feel like establishing history with those characters could be really interesting, especially if they were to go into it in the GCPD prequel show. Making Joker part of the reason Penguin has a chip on his shoulder

They're fun ideas but I think you mostly get pushback because while they are cool concepts as an actual, "This is what I think will happen in the movie" theory something like Penguin's scars - which are probably an Al Capone reference, they're similar to his scars - being caused by Joker is a massive, silly stretch.

If this whole universe is built around Joker to that extent it would frankly start getting kind of silly and annoying. Not to mention now the movie would just feel like a sequel to a movie that doesn't exist.

I think it's mainly being derived from how in the Arkham-verse, Joker was the one who shoved the bottle into Penguin's eye socket giving him a makeshift monocle.

I'm all for world-building and texture and stuff like that, but it's still sort of early to make these types of inferences.

They're fun ideas but I think you mostly get pushback because while they are cool concepts as an actual, "This is what I think will happen in the movie" theory something like Penguin's scars - which are probably an Al Capone reference, they're similar to his scars - being caused by Joker is a massive, silly stretch.

If this whole universe is built around Joker to that extent it would frankly start getting kind of silly and annoying. Not to mention now the movie would just feel like a sequel to a movie that doesn't exist.
Capone is right on the money. And I agree that if you make the drops connected to Joker, then he’s in Arkham, then Mad Hatter is dealing drugs that Joker created, then Penguin’s scar is from Joker...yeah that’s way too much for me. If one of those things were to happen, cool. And all I’m saying is I’d rather stick with the Drops theory.

Basically, there's a distinction between "legitimate theories about an upcoming actual movie, based in evidence and logic", and "fan fiction". Fan fiction is fine, but its important to keep the two separate.

Note: "There is nothing that explicitly forbids my theory" is not evidence.

I think BBT just wants to have fun bringing up theories for us to discuss. Which is cool. I love his theories. But I think I’m just a bit exhausted with all the Joker focus when there’s no confirmation of a Joker yet. I’m burnt out on the character and need a break from this Joker talk. I come to this thread out of habit at this point.

Maybe I’d get more excited if there were more theories tied to the confirmed villains. Seems more productive to me. I don’t want to get it in my head that Joker is officially in this. And mentally I still want some time away from Mr J so if he does show up in Arkham, I’ll lose my ****. It’s just EVERYTHING is about Joker these days and so connecting Penguin or Riddler to him feels tiresome right now.

Yes! There are moments in his performance where it's full-on a bad Ledger impersonation. 100%. Glad someone said it.

I am still hoping Drops are tied to Barry Keoghan as Mad Hatter.

FF2A7FC1-16E2-4C76-839C-59AE7B76F967.jpeg
B815FCB5-313B-4535-A571-9504071A7CFF.jpeg

Hallucinogens have always been more of Scarecrow or Mad Hatter’s thing. Joker has stolen fear gas and mind control abilities from both, so if people really want a psychedelic Joker sequence, you could always just have him steal the drugs.

Drug dealing seems beneath Joker. I’m envisioning him as a charismatic Charles Manson-like cult leader. I also thought Joker (2019) did a great job of showing how disenfranchised Gothamites could get behind a revolutionary like Joker. To many, he’s an insane solution to an insane world. The fact that people are still discussing the merits of Joker’s crusade in TDK makes me kind of want a more sympathetic Joker again. Maybe sympathetic isn’t the right word, but he can be terrifying, sadistic and evil, but also charming in a way that most genius sociopaths are. Joker is able to accept many of the harsher truths that Batman cannot. It’s so much more fun to explore Batman and Joker when they aren’t painted so simply as ‘good’ vs ‘evil’. 8932EEA5-1156-4948-8FAD-C954FCE7D624.jpeg B30C8698-9CBB-4C35-A1E5-5128F625D5BD.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know if Hatter is in this but I’d make him the drug dealer and Joker the one who created the drug in the first place for A) his own amusement and B) to screw up the minds of citizens. It’s not my theory but it’s the one I’d go with, because Joker wouldn’t deal drugs I don’t think. And Scarecrow making drugs that put a smile on your face but has awful side effects seems like the opposite thing to shoot for. Crane usually inflicts terror through hallucinations. It’s not a drug that ppl want to keep buying. It’s not a good trip.

Personally, I always take a few drops before I embark on my latest fan theory. I never share them though. The drops or the theories.

I don’t know if Hatter is in this but I’d make him the drug dealer and Joker the one who created the drug in the first place for A) his own amusement and B) to screw up the minds of citizens. It’s not my theory but it’s the one I’d go with, because Joker wouldn’t deal drugs I don’t think. And Scarecrow making drugs that put a smile on your face but has awful side effects seems like the opposite thing to shoot for. Crane usually inflicts terror through hallucinations. It’s not a drug that ppl want to keep buying. It’s not a good trip.

I could see that.

Crane does not enjoy making people smile, he gets his rocks off on pure hallucinogenic terror.

But of course this could be somewhat similar to Joker’s toxin that sends people into a convulsing laughing death and their corpse frozen in a permanent grin. It’s not exactly the same of course, but I could see it being an adaptation of it, and there is precedent in the comics for Joker having chemistry knowledge, so him being a drug dealer wouldn’t be that much of a stretch.

It would also fit with Mad Hatter though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"