'The Last of Us' HBO Series

Ah, The Last of Us. Still ranking highly on the list of things from about 10 years ago I didn’t play/watch/read.

Interesting. Ellie is the key to me. They have to get that character right and doing so will probably be the biggest challenge.

I wouldn't be surprised if Craig Mazin takes the Watchmen tv route (who he was a big fan of) and have a new story with new characters set in the same universe.

Funny enough, I read the first 20 pages or so of a film script version of this. It pretty much followed the opening game storyline almost completely. I read up until the time jump. I don't remember if the game does 10 years or 20, but the script did the whole 20 years later.

Funny enough, I read the first 20 pages or so of a film script version of this. It pretty much followed the opening game storyline almost completely. I read up until the time jump. I don't remember if the game does 10 years or 20, but the script did the whole 20 years later.

It's 20 years later in the game.

Very glad to hear about this. Hope they make it work. :up:

This is such an excellent get. Santaolalla’s music is a vital part of the original game’s tone and atmosphere, like a heartbeat to the game’s body, that not getting him for a television series that’s striving to approximate what was captured in the game would've felt like something was missing.

If this is a sign of things to come, I really can’t wait to see who they cast.

giphy.gif

HBO’s The Last of Us will focus on rape culture and climate change, no male protagonists - HBO's The Last of Us will focus on 'climate change' and 'rape culture'

Although there has been no real information revealed about the screen adaptation of the popular Naughty Dog game, The Last of Us, HBO have officially announced that it is currently in pre-production.
A source close to production revealed that Ellie will be the main protagonist in a “heavily female focused plot.”
“Ellie will be joined by her first girlfriend Riley, as well as Tess, Marlene, Maria,” the insider told us.
Men, while some indirectly, will collectively play the part of the antagonist.

HBO’s The Last of Us will focus on rape culture and climate change, no male protagonists - HBO's The Last of Us will focus on 'climate change' and 'rape culture'

If that story is true then I might wait for the reviews before I decide if I should watch... I don't really believe it, sounds too extreme and divisive. They would also have to get rid of Joel... Either by making a female version of the character, or he's somehow also a bad guy...

“Men are perceived as predators in the series, even the ‘nice ones’. The female protagonists often band together to avoid being left alone with men because ‘all men have the capability of abusing their powers and giving into their carnal desires’. Most of the girls have had some kind of traumatic experience with men.” :whatever:

This show will get way more heat than Batwoman if it's all true...

If that story is true then I might wait for the reviews before I decide if I should watch... I don't really believe it, sounds too extreme and divisive. They would also have to get rid of Joel... Either by making a female version of the character, or he's somehow also a bad guy...

“Men are perceived as predators in the series, even the ‘nice ones’. The female protagonists often band together to avoid being left alone with men because ‘all men have the capability of abusing their powers and giving into their carnal desires’. Most of the girls have had some kind of traumatic experience with men.” :whatever:

This show will get way more heat than Batwoman if it's all true...
Knowing Neil Druckmann, it doesn’t sound so far fetched.

And why the sarcastic eye roll?

Eh, I'll wait til it gets reported on other sites to believe it.

Last of Us was about a father who finds love again with a girl who becomes his adopted daughter in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. I refuse to believe this rumour is true, because it betrays literally everything that games story was about.

Beware, spoilers are now inbound for The Last of Us Part II and they ain’t pretty

Beware, spoilers are now inbound for The Last of Us Part II and they ain’t pretty

Sounds like some of them might not even be accurate and might have been initially off. Honestly though, I think some of it is an extreme overreaction.

Last of Us TV Show Will Enhance The Game’s Story Says Showrunner

Those who are worried about The Last of Us losing story elements in the adaptation shouldn't fear such cuts, as showrunner Craig Mazin says the opposite will happen. He recently did an interview with BBC and discussed his plans for The Last of Us, noting that he is working with Neil Druckmann (the creative director of the game) to enhance the story through the TV format.

I think fans of something worry that, when the property gets licensed to someone else, those people don’t really understand it, or are going to change it. In this case, I’m doing it with the guy who did it, and so the changes that we’re making are designed to fill things out and expand, not to undo, but rather to enhance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"