THE LAST OF US Movie In The Works From Sam Raimi & Screen Gems

TheIrishAvenger

You are not special.
Reaction score
Screen Gems to Distribute Feature Version of PS3 Game ‘Last of Us’

Screen Gems will distribute the live action film “The Last of Us,” which is based on Naughty Dog’s popular PlayStation 3 game.
Neil Druckmann, the creative director for the game, will also write the script.
Naughty Dog co-presidents Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra will produce, as well as Druckmann and game director Bruce Straley, along with Sam Raimi via his Ghost House Pictures banner.

The game is set 20 years after the cordyceps virus ravaged the course of humanity and follows a hardened survivor and a young and capable girl who journey together through a radically transformed world.

“Our partnership with Sam Raimi, Ghost House Pictures, and Screen Gems to develop a film based on ‘The Last of Us’ universe is a perfect fit,” said Evan Wells, Naughty Dog’s co-president. “Since our game released last June, we’ve talked with many companies about making a film, but we couldn’t have found better partners who share our creative vision and high standards. We look forward to collaborating with Sam, his team, and Screen Gems, to make a movie that will thrill fans of The Last of Us and general audiences worldwide.”

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/s...re-version-of-ps3-game-last-of-us-1201126996/

I don't see the point. The game is pretty much the same thing anyway just more fun. Mind you if they made a Deadly Premonition movie I'd be first in line opening night.

There's people who will never experience the game. My mom will never play The Last of Us but I'm sure she'd enjoy the movie.

I'm not surprised by this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"