The Last of Us The Last of Us Part III

Glad to see it's happening, even though there wasn't anything to suggest otherwise given how successful this franchise is. I think the obvious story to tell here is...

Ellie's redemption and making things right by Dina. In some ways TLOU2 felt final in the way it ended but there's still more story to tell with Ellie. I don't think it needs to be as bleak as the "revenge will eat at your soul" simulator Part II. I'm kind of on the fence about Abby and whether or not her story should be revisited but I can also see them Hollywood'ing it and have Ellie and Abby crossing paths again even after all that transpired in Part II.

nuWes5a.gif

My feelings are the same as after the first game really. Happy where it left off, but up for another round if there's a story to tell. I hope Ellie can find some peace. I'm not sure Abby would return. I liked her but perhaps the vaguely optimistic note her story ended at is a good place to stop.

Glad to see it's happening, even though there wasn't anything to suggest otherwise given how successful this franchise is. I think the obvious story to tell here is...

Ellie's redemption and making things right by Dina. In some ways TLOU2 felt final in the way it ended but there's still more story to tell with Ellie. I don't think it needs to be as bleak as the "revenge will eat at your soul" simulator Part II. I'm kind of on the fence about Abby and whether or not her story should be revisited but I can also see them Hollywood'ing it and have Ellie and Abby crossing paths again even after all that transpired in Part II.
I'm no hater, but I think part III will be much better off without Abby. I never thought she was all that interesting on her own merits, and bringing her back could just make for awkward character dynamics. The feud between Ellie and Abby pretty much ran out of steam at the end of part II, and they can't exactly be allies either.

I can't imagine where the story will go next, and come what may, I'm super stoked to find out

Glad to get another game. Would like some happy endings all round this time please. :yay:

Interesting to see where they can take the story. I think it’s obvious that Abby and Ellie will meet again somehow

I'm no hater, but I think part III will be much better off without Abby. I never thought she was all that interesting on her own merits, and bringing her back could just make for awkward character dynamics. The feud between Ellie and Abby pretty much ran out of steam at the end of part II, and they can't exactly be allies either.

I can't imagine where the story will go next, and come what may, I'm super stoked to find out
Yeah, I didn't hate Abby like the toxic part of the fandom did, and I actually warmed to her character a bit once we saw her perspective which was the point that Neil Druckmann was trying to make. If there's a good story to tell with Abby in the picture, I'm not opposed to it.

Still only about a 3rd through part II but it's a fantastic game so far. I would be all in for another game.

I think a third and final game to cap off the trilogy would work. Going beyond that would fail though.

I think a third and final game to cap off the trilogy would work. Going beyond that would fail though.

Going beyond that would need to be completely new characters and story's.

I’d like a third game. Beyond that I’d rather Naughty Dog came up with something new (there was that fantasy game rumour which would be my ideal choice if anything to it) or went back to Uncharted hardcore (know a different dev is supposed to be doing the reboot).

I can see another time jump.This time with a fully adult or even bordering on elderly Ellie. Maybe in the end they finally get that cure they need... I just feel like there is a more conclusive ending to Ellie's story to be had than where we left her.

Abby? Maybe or not if they could justify their crossing paths again without it feeling like a convluted rehash of their original encounter.

I can see another time jump.This time with a fully adult or even bordering on elderly Ellie. Maybe in the end they finally get that cure they need... I just feel like there is a more conclusive ending to Ellie's story to be had than where we left her.

Abby? Maybe or not if they could justify their crossing paths again without it feeling like a convluted rehash of their original encounter.
I don’t mind seeing Abby again if they have the right material for her, can’t think myself of the ideal path for her myself if she appeared.

Yeah, I think the series can have a better long term ending for Ellie and for the universe/situation created. One reason why I really want a final game despite liking II.

I think Ellie as a parent would be inevitable. Maybe playing the older "Joel" type parent to her estranged child?

I think Ellie as a parent would be inevitable. Maybe playing the older "Joel" type parent to her estranged child?
They dipped their toe in the water with that a little bit at the end of Part II with Ellie helping raise Dina's baby. I'm sure there's more story to be told there because Ellie clearly loves and cares for the kid.

Hadn't quite thought of that but that could work well. :up:

I'd like to see what a much older totally veteran Ellie would be like.

The only ending I see is Ellie agreeing to sacrifice herself to create the vaccine (which is what the Fireflies wanted to do to her in the first game).

The only ending I see is Ellie agreeing to sacrifice herself to create the vaccine (which is what the Fireflies wanted to do to her in the first game).
Makes sense and would be a fitting TLOU style bittersweet ending. :up:

The story would have to be crafted in such a way she decides to sacrifice herself for it at the end but not before there is one final story and game to come from why. Someone close to her either will have to become infected or she will have finally have lived enough to feel she can do it.

Well... Ellie actually overcomes her survivor's guilt and realises that her life has meaning beyond death.

Seems that story was already told. Part III will need to tell a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"