The Last of Us The Last Of Us Remake

I was a bit annoyed at first, as I thought that they should've focused on a new game or maybe even a new ip,
but I've grown softer towards the remake. I definitely didn't consider the accessibility angle. If this game makes people happy then good on them.

I'll say this though: they should let the player run whenever they want. Around the same speed as in combat, just maybe without the shaky cam when it's calm. Would make the experience more breezy for returning players especially.

For us PC players, the price tag is generally worth it because it's a "new IP" so it'll be a first time for many. Plus, the port will have additional "exclusive" features like ultrawide screen support and possibly DLSS so those arguably justify the price. I got the original on PS3, the remaster bundled with my PS4 and I will gladly double (triple?) dip for the remake on PC but at a discount.

The Spider-Man Remastered port is priced at $70 CAD (60 USD) and I can see it selling like hot cakes just like this one.

So I’m playing through the remastered (to prepare for the remake) and I didn’t appreciate how laggy and lumbering the game is. Even at 60fps, the input latency is insane. It’s like I am playing Red Dead 2.

Part 2 was so much smoother, and I’m hoping they bring the responsiveness of the sequel to this.

So I’m playing through the remastered (to prepare for the remake) and I didn’t appreciate how laggy and lumbering the game is. Even at 60fps, the input latency is insane. It’s like I am playing Red Dead 2.

Part 2 was so much smoother, and I’m hoping they bring the responsiveness of the sequel to this.

I also tried to replay it when I got my PS5 to see if it ran smoother than on PS4 but was constantly annoyed by the unresponsive controls. It never feels like a 60 fps game to me.

I also tried to replay it when I got my PS5 to see if it ran smoother than on PS4 but was constantly annoyed by the unresponsive controls. It never feels like a 60 fps game to me.
Does your tv have a gaming mode? I was getting frustrated with parry mechanics, but once I turned on gaming mode in the tv settings, controls got much snappier

I was a bit annoyed at first, as I thought that they should've focused on a new game or maybe even a new ip,
but I've grown softer towards the remake. .

ND, like most studios, work on multiple things at once. In this case, they've also been working on the standalone Last of Us multiplayer game, and other unannounced games, according to Druckmann.

The more footage of this I see, the more jazzed I am to experience this game again. Also the more ridiculous whingers seem haha I saw one big YouTube sulking that the game is a downgrade because Joel doesn't kick a door open as forcefully in the remake as he did in the original. This is Spider-Man PS4 puddle size all over again haha

Did not realise this was coming out so soon. But then I don't have a PS5 and only played the original for the very first time last year so I can wait.

Watched a couple of the comparisons videos online and it's looking pretty great. Nice details, small additions like the updated workbench will be satisfying. No urge to rush though. Will play it for sure, down the line, absolutely not for 70. Funny that this will cost more than Part 2 did at launch. The price will probably drop in time for the TV show.

Just purchased it...
will play it in a few hours :)

Curious to see whether it is worth the full price or not..haha.
But as far as I seen the comparison with Remastered version...it looks really good. I cannot wait!

Last edited:
Just purchased it...
will play it in a few hours :)

Curious to see whether it is worth the full price or not..haha.
But as far as I seen the comparison with Remastered version...it looks really good. I cannot wait!

Hope you enjoy! :D

It is exactly what it says on the tin, so I'm not surprised to be enjoying it so far. It's TLOU but a really gorgeous coat of paint on top. It does feel a bit different as well, which I can appreciate. Smoother and more like Part II, even if not all gameplay tweaks carry over. The addition of Frame Forward and lighting mode to the photo mode add a lot for me on top of the already very good photo mode it's building on from TLOUPII.
iFDNGut.jpg

0s5J8Jl.jpg

e8VlNLr.jpg
vfstC0q.jpg
NpruCgA.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really liking what I'm seeing but I'm still gonna wait until it's on sale. I'm hoping that might be as soon as Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I thought this game looked as good as part 2 when looking at the trailers. I was wrong. It actually looks quite a bit better! The issue is these differences are only noticeable when you are playing it on a 4K tv. Not on your cellphone.

Things I’ve noticed:

- Cutscene models in gameplay. Joel and Ellie are insanely detailed even in active gameplay.

- improved texture resolution. In part 2 if you zoomed in on any texture they would start to get blurry and muddy. In part 1 they still remain sharp.

- a lot of materials have reflective surfaces compared to pt 2. And the reflections themselves are really high resolution. It almost feels like there is Ray tracing. But there isn’t. It just looks that damn good.

- virtually no LOD pop in. Even in part 2 the grass and other assets would often pop into view. This is one of those improvements you won’t see on a cellphone but is transformative when playing.

- carpet deformation physics.

Shockingly, it's still the same story and characters so if you enjoy that then I'm sure you'll enjoy this. Finishing it up, I do get the lack of a prone function but I really did miss having dodge, would like if the otherwise lovely photo mode wasn't stuck orbiting, and I do really wish there was an option to slot Left Behind into the main campaign instead of dropping out to the menu. I'd say the best things about it were the more Part II-feeling gameplay being a delight to play and the updated graphics really allows for the performances to shine through. The amount of emotion that can be seen on their faces now is just breathtaking next to the original.

I know it's a little early but what do you folks think the chances are of a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for TLOU Part 1?

Considering they released it full price not that long ago? 70/30 they drop it by $10-20.

The Last of Us Part I is on sale for $50 at pretty much all the big retailers. I bit and ordered it from Amazon because I think that's about as big a price drop as it's going to get for now since it's new and I really wanted to play it before the show drops as a refresher. Since I was waiting until it was marked down to $40 I figured what's an extra ten bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"