The Marvel Spotlight Gets an Upgrade!!!

Kenny Eugene McCall

I'm a Marvel, I'm a DC!
Reaction score
The Marvel Spotlight gets an Upgrade!​
By Kenny Eugene McCall, 1/26/07​

Well Hypesters, over the 2006 calendar year, I have been previewing some of the changes to the Marvel Animated Universe that are coming as a result of Civil War and the current situation involving Marvel Characters and the Hasbro Toy Group involving their new upgraded Marvel Legends toy line.

Even though I've been concentrating on the Big Three of the Hasbro Universe a lot lately (Transformers, G.I. Joe and Jem) in all of the current Marvel animated stories of this Marvel Spotlight, I had a chance to bring in some of the other properties of the Hasbro family at times during some of the Civil War spotlights in the Tales to Astonish stories. And, some of them have been hilarious as hell!

But now, as we come to a close of the current cycle of the Marvel Spotlight, we have only scratched the surface as it pertains to both these magnificent universes, as there are even more Marvel and Hasbro characters that deserve spotlights of their own. That is why as of the fiftieth story of the Marvel Spotlight, the 2006-07 era will come to a close, and the 2007-08 era will begin.

First, the Tales to Astonish series gets a new identity, as it merges with the format of the 1984-87 animated series Super Sunday to become the new fifth-segment series Amazing Fantasy with Kimber and Stormer, as these two Jem characters help introduce some brand-new one-episode stories set in the all-new Ultimate Marvel Animated Universe!

Second, because of the animated Civil War storyline, the two Ultimate Avengers movies, and all future Lion's Gate animated projects to come (as well as Sony BMG's purchase of the Sunbow Productions library of shows), the Avengers animated spotlight has not premiered in the current MS cycle. So, as of Story Fifty-One, Earth's Mightiest Heroes will make their first Spotlight appearance in the current MLG animated style in the new Ultimate Marvel Spotlight, which will be in the same tried-and-true thread as the regular Spotlight!

Third, as of the upcoming cycle, more Marvel Heroes, such as Cloak and Dagger, The New Warriors, Young Avengers, Generation X, and some of the villains, such as Doctor Doom, Kang, the Red Skull, and others, will be getting new Spotlights! This also holds true for many B-list Hasbro characters, such as the Centurions, MASK, COPS, My Little Pony, Visionaries, and Inhumanoids (and, I'm sorry to say, the C-list like Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines, Robotix and even Action Man), that will be getting Spotlights as well!

Finally, I have not forgotten about the Malibu Heroes as well, as they will make sporadic appearances until more information is available. This also holds true for the characters of the New Universe and MC2, which is set in a more cohesive universe 30 years in the future.

Stay tuned to this thread for summaries on all of the character changes to this post-Civil War format of the Marvel Spotlight. And as always, keep enjoying the Marvel Spotlight!

Excelsior, and Transform and roll out :trans:

Kenny

which version of action man will you be using the amnesic secret agent original or the x-games type with the wierd math powers?

which version of action man will you be using the amnesic secret agent original or the x-games type with the wierd math powers?

i would hope it was the original:ninja:

It's the original secret agent version. I remember that joker, the man with no name as I call him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"