Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Yeah, WB is probably just trying to prevent them from blowing up again before the premiere, Miller's a time bomb, I'll be stunned if he gets brought back.

This is crazy with Majors though, I literally just saw Creed III and was extremely impressed with his performance, another sad reminder that having talent doesn't mean that you're a decent human being.

A lesson I’ve learned far too many times.

Disney / Marvel put alot of chips on him for the rest of the decade .

Well, they're fortunate , in the sense that ,they're dealing with a multiverse storyline with infinite variants, so , conceivably, if the allegations are true, they can relatively easily recast with another actor .

That won't help Loki season 2, but going forward, if they need another actor , the solution happens to be easy.

Honestly its an easy recast for Marvel Studios.

And I don't know why Loki even needs a season 2... Loki has overstayed his welcome.

Yeah, and given that we're dealing with the multiverse, and given that Quantumania didn't exactly set the world on fire, I doubt the GA is all that loyal to Majors playing Kang variants, going forward.

I thought MCU does thorough background check on an actor before they hand out a contract. Not to mention one who will appear across multiple films and TV shows for the next several years. If the charges are true and he is pretty known for abusive behavior then MCU fails itself.

with all the bad PR and publicity surrounding Marvel Studios now...Feige should be grateful that nothing like this came into the light around during the Infinity Saga.

Keep Kang but keep the under the Blue look. Which should remake the recaXt less noticeable.

As for season 2 of Loki, its already been filmed so its not like they could Xcrap it but I hope its the last.

Yeah, WB is probably just trying to prevent them from blowing up again before the premiere, Miller's a time bomb, I'll be stunned if he gets brought back.

This is crazy with Majors though, I literally just saw Creed III and was extremely impressed with his performance, another sad reminder that having talent doesn't mean that you're a decent human being.
No doubt about his talent. Also no doubt he needs to get booted if all this is true.

I thought MCU does thorough background check on an actor before they hand out a contract. Not to mention one who will appear across multiple films and TV shows for the next several years. If the charges are true and he is pretty known for abusive behavior then MCU fails itself.
Looks like the checks weren’t rigorous enough. They have higher stakes as it’s never just one film at risk. I think they will be stepping up on this in future and also making the contracts tighter so people can be dumped more easily on certain situations and money withheld.

There’s another aspect to this Majors thing that I don’t think we’re appreciating.

Majors sudden physique is absolutely absurdly unreal. We all know that our Hollywood movie stars are juicing. And steroids are illegal for a reason: they lead people to being unable to control their freakish angry impulses.

At the end of the day, Majors is responsible for his own actions… but we’re also all pretending that this isn’t happening and it is, and it makes this sort of thing all the more likely.

I'm just gonna throw him out there as Kang.
He'd have to get yoked, but it'd be hard to argue he couldn't play the role.

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F782c28a0-0449-11e9-b3c0-56b0c89cd9f9.jpg

John David Washington

I think between Quantumania’s not-so-great box office and now this whole Jonathan Majors incident, I get the feeling Marvel Studios is going to be putting the multiverse stuff on the back burner for a bit, at least until Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars, so they can have time to reassess this whole situation.

I think between Quantumania’s not-so-great box office and now this whole Jonathan Majors incident, I get the feeling Marvel Studios is going to be putting the multiverse stuff on the back burner for a bit, at least until Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars, so they can have time to reassess this whole situation.

I don’t see that happening. They’ll just recast Kang. The multiverse stuff wasn’t the problem with Ant-Man. It was just a bad movie.

Since John Boyega seems to be very appreciative of The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi shows, what if...he was re-cast as Kang?

There’s another aspect to this Majors thing that I don’t think we’re appreciating.

Majors sudden physique is absolutely absurdly unreal. We all know that our Hollywood movie stars are juicing. And steroids are illegal for a reason: they lead people to being unable to control their freakish angry impulses.

At the end of the day, Majors is responsible for his own actions… but we’re also all pretending that this isn’t happening and it is, and it makes this sort of thing all the more likely.

I hear he looked even more ripped on Creed 3 than on the Lovecraft show or Quantumania so I would actually not rule out roid rage.

Tmz article has new details. I'm thinking the victim will release photos of her injuries eventually. I'm not ready to say he's guilty but doesn't look good.

That comment was from his rep, not his lawyer.
Man, you are lucky no one noticed your signature because you're not around very much. You're going to be around a lot less now too.
goodbye.gif

Based on the tweets I've seen, whatever is going on with him was happening long before he was juicing.

Let’s see what happens when actual evidence comes forward. One of the biggest downsides of social media is how quick people will paint people as the enemy with little to no information available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"