Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

I just don't see how Disney would still continue working with an actor that has been linked to "physical abuse". Even if its not true, this controversy would still be people's memories and not everybody is going think he's innocent.

They've done so before. Rosario Dawson had those allegations a while back.

Yeah but those were disproven pretty definitively IIRC

This is different, unless they release the video from the cab, and it shows her lunging her neck at his hands and using his fists to slap herself around, this will be a tougher one to make disappear

Kang being recast seems almost inevitable now.

Disney is publicly in wait and see mode, but despite the deadline article assertations that there have been zero talk of replacing him, I tend to believe Jeff Sneider's scoop, that they are ,at the very least, ,entertaining the possibility that they may replace have to him.

So , I don't think it's inevitable, but they're keeping all of their options on the table for the time being.

Yeah but those were disproven pretty definitively IIRC

This is different, unless they release the video from the cab, and it shows her lunging her neck at his hands and using his fists to slap herself around, this will be a tougher one to make disappear

Every situation is different, and that's probably why Disney is in a wait-and-see mode without acting rashly. If they cut ties to Majors without solid evidence that some type of code of conduct was breached, it could also be big trouble for them.

Even if those allegations were disproven, there was still that period of time of bad optics for Dawson. And when she first appeared as Ahsoka on Mandalorian, there were a lot of public complaints and outcry against her.

Per that Deadline article:

"Deadline hears there’s been zero conversations in the Marvel camp to drop Majors from the MCU."

Also, WME hasn't dropped him yet. Not saying that's the correct move but that's what was reported in the article.

My own speculation is that Marvel and WME are waiting to see how this plays out before they make a move. Keep in mind, WME doesn't really have a leg to stand on here after Dana White and Vince McMahon.
I imagine they’re keeping any conversations close to the chest.

If I’m Majors, I would just put out a statement acknowledging there was an incident and he is taking time off to go to counseling. The longer he stays silent or doesn’t acknowledge it, the worse it will look. Kang Dynasty is still years away that he has time to rehabilitate himself if he does so sincerely.

I imagine they’re keeping any conversations close to the chest.

If I’m Majors, I would just put out a statement acknowledging there was an incident and he is taking time off to go to counseling. The longer he stays silent or doesn’t acknowledge it, the worse it will look. Kang Dynasty is still years away that he has time to rehabilitate himself if he does so sincerely.

Majors is being smart by staying quiet and letting his lawyers do all the talking. The less he says the better.

Its just not realistic that they would keep him on. Physical abuse is a different subject and not comparable to allegations against Rosario Dawson.

Majors is being smart by staying quiet and letting his lawyers do all the talking. The less he says the better.
Well, yea, after seeing the response after he released those texts, I'd shut my mouth, too.

People really liked this guy. And I think they still do to some degree. But people more than anything want to see that there are honest attempts to do better. Abuse is horrible. But none of us know the full story right now. He needs to announce he’s stepping away from the spotlight and getting help.

the best case would be for Marvel to silently remove him from the cast list, and delay the movies to rewrite the scripts to remove Kang from the spotlight, and replace him with an different villain

No way Disney/Marvel keeps him...

Especially if the incident of abuse on the set of ANT-MAN has more light shed on it.

the best case would be for Marvel to silently remove him from the cast list, and delay the movies to rewrite the scripts to remove Kang from the spotlight, and replace him with an different villain
I still don't see why they need to remove Kang.

They cast the wrong person for the role (which btw I never saw what people saw in him in the 1st place, there was something off about him based from my 1st impression). But that doesn't mean they should squander the potential of the comic book character that is Kang the Conqueror.

Knew this would happen. It's never just one victim. People were asking how he could be so stupid to do something like this (physically abuse his gf) when he was on top of the world. He did it because he has gotten away with it his entire life.

Last edited:
I still don't see why they need to remove Kang.

They cast the wrong person for the role (which btw I never saw what people saw in him in the 1st place, there was something off about him based from my 1st impression). But that doesn't mean they should squander the potential of the comic book character that is Kang the Conqueror.

I don't think they do. Why should they throw away everything they've invested into this storyline when there are other actors out there who would be hungry for the chance to play the big bad in the MCU? Just recast the part.

Yeah, recasting would be easy for a character like Kang. Even though I'd love for them to drop the character all together and replace him with Doom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"