Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Not sure how reliable this rumor is but I think a Vision show could be an interesting project. Basically now he has the same substance and a consciousness that is his but also isn’t his at the same time.

It can be a starting point for the facticity and transcendence exploration. I don’t think such topic would ever work for a superhero show but the concepts can be simplified and they can add more entertainment elements into the mix. It could require very tricky writing though.

Doctor Doom will not be the villain in the new Fantastic Four according to Jeff Sneider. He will be introduced in a post credits scene.

He also said a new Vision show is in the works titled VisionQuest.

Hoping for Danny DeVito as Mole Man.

VisionQuest makes sense. It's the West Coast Avengers storyline about White Vision. It also deals with stuff about Billy and Tommy, has John Walker join the West Coast Avengers, introduces the Great Lakes Avengers, and has Immortus as the main villain. There's enough elements in place in the MCU for any of that if they want to use it.

Hoping for Danny DeVito as Mole Man.

VisionQuest makes sense. It's the West Coast Avengers storyline about White Vision. It also deals with stuff about Billy and Tommy, has John Walker join the West Coast Avengers, introduces the Great Lakes Avengers, and has Immortus as the main villain. There's enough elements in place in the MCU for any of that if they want to use it.
Cool if they cover any of these things. Wasn’t sure what to expect from this show.

Not sure how reliable this rumor is but I think a Vision show could be an interesting project. Basically now he has the same substance and a consciousness that is his but also isn’t his at the same time.

It can be a starting point for the facticity and transcendence exploration. I don’t think such topic would ever work for a superhero show but the concepts can be simplified and they can add more entertainment elements into the mix. It could require very tricky writing though.

A Vision show would be harder to write, since he has good chemistry with Wanda, and Wanda is currently a villain in the MCU

A Vision show would be harder to write, since he has good chemistry with Wanda, and Wanda is currently a villain in the MCU

Eh, heroes can have dramatic and compelling interactions with villains, that isn't an obstacle. The bigger issue is that you would need to decide what you are going to *do* with Wanda before you could bring her back. Where in her redemption arc ( and she'd *better* be on a redemption arc, ahem ) is she at that time, and how does this interact with Vision and Vision's story? Non-trivial questions.

Eh, heroes can have dramatic and compelling interactions with villains, that isn't an obstacle. The bigger issue is that you would need to decide what you are going to *do* with Wanda before you could bring her back. Where in her redemption arc ( and she'd *better* be on a redemption arc, ahem ) is she at that time, and how does this interact with Vision and Vision's story? Non-trivial questions.
How did they do it in the comics after Disassembled/House of M? I never really read those.
There are rumors that Coven of Chaos will take elements from Children's Crusade, which had Wiccan looking for Wanda after House of M, so I imagine they'll reintroduce Wanda there.

*cough cough*

spider-man-black-cat-edit.gif

White Vision doesn't have 100% human morals and is dominated by logic, plus is finding his personality and the history of those around him from scratch in real time, so he would probably be able to understand a Wanda earlier on the redemption path more easily than many others.

Is there any major Marvel character left that we haven't seen in a live action movie that isn't a villain?

I feel like Namor is the last one. The rest like the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, the Silver Surfer, the Punisher, Elektra and Ghost Rider would just be the rebooted versions in the MCU. I don't classify Nova as a Marvel A-lister.

I guess Spider-Woman? Though not really in the same ranks like Spider-Man and Captain America.

Is there any major Marvel character left that we haven't seen in a live action movie that isn't a villain?

I feel like Namor is the last one. The rest like the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, the Silver Surfer, the Punisher, Elektra and Ghost Rider would just be the rebooted versions in the MCU. I don't classify Nova as a Marvel A-lister.

I guess Spider-Woman? Though not really in the same ranks like Spider-Man and Captain America.
I looked at some popularity polls for Marvel characters from recent years to see which ones haven't been adapted into live action yet. The ones that were somewhat regularly in the top 50 but haven't been in live action yet are:

Miles Morales
Jessica Drew
Squirrel Girl
Nova
Captain Britain
Spider-Gwen

Also note that Namor and 3/4ths of the Fantastic Four regularly don't make the top 50 nowadays (though that will probably change again after their MCU versions).

I looked at some popularity polls for Marvel characters from recent years to see which ones haven't been adapted into live action yet. The ones that were somewhat regularly in the top 50 but haven't been in live action yet are:

Miles Morales
Jessica Drew
Squirrel Girl
Nova
Captain Britain
Spider-Gwen

Also note that Namor and 3/4ths of the Fantastic Four regularly don't make the top 50 nowadays (though that will probably change again after their MCU versions).
We've seen Gwen Stacy in 3 movies so she doesn't count.

Miles Morales has only been popular for like more or less a decade, I wouldn't put him in a group with other Marvel Legends.

Squirrel Girl and Nova are b-tiers at best imo. Captain Britain imo has never been a huge deal in Marvel comics events.

I'd love to see them all though eventually.

Miles Morales has only been popular for like more or less a decade, I wouldn't put him in a group with other Marvel Legends.

Squirrel Girl and Nova are b-tiers at best imo. Captain Britain imo has never been a huge deal in Marvel comics events.
You can have your opinion, but going by the data from the various polls I looked at, Nova for example has placed consistently in the top 50 most popular Marvel characters for the past 15 years at least, while characters like Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Namor, Ant-Man/Giant-Man, Wasp, Luke Cage, Quicksilver, Professor X, Cable, Psylocke, and even freakin' Ghost Rider don't even make that top 50 anymore half the time.

Also note that Gambit for example had been popular for less than a decade in 2000, and yet he was very popular throughout the '90s comics and the X-Men cartoon.

Last edited:
You can have your opinion, but going by the data from the various polls I looked at, Nova for example has placed consistently in the top 50 most popular Marvel characters for the past 15 years at least, while characters like Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Namor, Ant-Man/Giant-Man, Wasp, Luke Cage, Quicksilver, Professor X, Cable, Psylocke, and even freakin' Ghost Rider don't even make that top 50 anymore half the time.

Also note that Gambit for example had been popular for less than a decade in 2000, and yet he was very popular throughout the '90s comics and the X-Men cartoon.
I mean are we gonna argue someone like Professor X is not more popular/well known/important than Nova?

Also if you go back to my post, I said "major characters". Xavier has been around since the 60s and is one of the faces of the X-Men and appeared in almost every medium outside of the comics. Popularity is subjective especially polls aren't really the hall of fame and the main basis of someone's importance in the comics.

And don't even get me started with those other characters you mentioned, especially all of those characters have already appeared in a live action film more than once (eXcluding Cable and Namor), if not appeared in a live action tv series for more than 1 season (Luke). And I'm pretty those characters have more videogame appearances than Nova.

Popularity is subjective but it also changes over time. As does the relative importance of various characters, regardless of how that importance is defined. Just because a character was huge in the 70s or 80s and therefore influenced the history of the comics that doesn't mean they must still qualify as a major character. And just because a character was invented in the last 15 years and hasn't had decades to influence the storyline that doesn't disqualify them from being a major character. What actually qualifies someone as a major character is even more subjective than popularity, anyway.

(Though I certainly would not define it on the basis of who has already appeared in live action, for a whole host of reasons. Not least because this discussion is literally about whether any major characters still exist that haven't appeared in live action, yet, so if that were the definition then this conversation was completely pointless in the first place.)

Nah, to be fair, we haven’t seen any of how his creative decisions have played out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"