Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Watching the GoTG Vol.3 premiere and Feige look like he got a stress stubble. If things keep going like they are for the MCU he might look like this in a couple months.
upload_2023-4-27_18-55-11.jpeg

Thankfully it looks like the Guardains will hopefully be a hit and The Marvels too.

Watching the GoTG Vol.3 premiere and Feige look like he got a stress stubble. If things keep going like they are for the MCU he might look like this in a couple months.
View attachment 64509

Thankfully it looks like the Guardains will hopefully be a hit and The Marvels too.
I want it to be good, I loved the first two and I dont want the third one to bomb. :(

I want it to be good, I loved the first two and I dont want the third one to bomb. :(
Yeah same here watched both film’s multiple times so hopefully the word of mouth will be good enough to make people come out to see it. The reactions have been great and we should get more after the premiere as well as the reviews

I'm optimistic. The trailers look fun and seem to show a film similar to the first two. :)
True, although it could be a bit more downbeat being the sign off film. The other films managed to get emotion and heart across despite being idiot comedy fare :D, so I think it could have an emotional ending, hopefully after another very entertaining and fun adventure before that.

View attachment 64509

I would be surprised if they have TWO rotten rated films in the same year.

Ironheart would work fine. She was Riri's mentor in the comics and it wouldn't exactly be strange for the Ironheart suit to catch attention at Stark Industries (which I assume Pepper is still at least nominally in charge of).
Good call that. Feels like the best and most natural place for her to return, if she does actually want to come back. For some reason I thought she wouldn’t have much interest in returning.

Good call that. Feels like the best and most natural place for her to return, if she does actually want to come back. For some reason I thought she wouldn’t have much interest in returning.

I think she said something about being done at one point. But then also said something about if they need her for a day or something she'd do it, so she's not opposed to the entire idea.

Personally, I'm not expecting her to have a large role in anything - probably just minor stuff - but I also wouldn't be surprised if the opportunity to play a mentor role to a character like Ironheart could convince her to do something more demanding.

All of which is assuming that Marvel is really interested in bringing her back, which I guess we don't actually know in fairness.

I think she said something about being done at one point. But then also said something about if they need her for a day or something she'd do it, so she's not opposed to the entire idea.

Personally, I'm not expecting her to have a large role in anything - probably just minor stuff - but I also wouldn't be surprised if the opportunity to play a mentor role to a character like Ironheart could convince her to do something more demanding.

All of which is assuming that Marvel is really interested in bringing her back, which I guess we don't actually know in fairness.
If she were up for it and invested then I’d be quite happy for her to return and see the character in a film without Stark. It would certainly add something to an Ironheart story and help embed some link between Riri and Stark.

Yeah, not expecting that for Guardians or Marvels. Hopefully they are both received well and do well at the box office to get the MCU back on track.
They already have 1 strike for phase 5, anything more than that would make it the worst Mcu phase ever. Good thing, phase 5 only has 6 films. Looks like GOTG 3 wil be fresh, so 4 more to go.

They already have 1 strike for phase 5, anything more than that would make it the worst Mcu phase ever. Good thing, phase 5 only has 6 films. Looks like GOTG 3 wil be fresh, so 4 more to go.
I think CBM standards are a bit higher now so it's not as easy to get away with below average films.

I think CBM standards are a bit higher now so it's not as easy to get away with below average films.
I don't think critics are being tougher. But I think Marvel Studios producing so many content in so little time is finally catching up to them.

In retrospect, when it comes to reviews, Marvel movies have more misses in the 2000s with Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four movies, Blade 2/3, Daredevil, Elektra, X3, Origins Wolverine, the Punisher films compare to from 2010 to 2023.

From 2010 to 2023 the misses are: (Misses that aren't passable enough to get a fresh rating)
Venom movies
Morbius
Tasm2
Quantumania
Eternals
Dark PhoeniX
Apocalypse
New Mutants
Spirit of Vengeance
Fant4stic

11 rotten movies from 2003-2009 (7 years)
11 rotten movies from 2012-2023 (12 years)

Last edited:
I don't think critics are being tougher. But I think Marvel Studios producing so many content is so little time is finally catching up to them.

In retrospect, when it comes to reviews, Marvel movies have more misses in the 2000s with Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four movies, Blade 2/3, Daredevil, Elektra, X3, Origins Wolverine, the Punisher films compare to from 2010 to 2023.

From 2010 to 2023 the misses are: (Misses that aren't passable enough to get a fresh rating)
Venom movies
Morbius
Tasm2
Quantumania
Eternals
Dark PhoeniX
Apocalypse
New Mutants
Spirit of Vengeance
Fant4stic

11 rotten movies from 2003-2009 (7 years)
11 rotten movies from 2012-2023 (12 years)
Outside of the MCU there have been a lot of misses for Marvel, yeah. Hopefully they can get back to their good run asap and there aren’t more disappointments on the horizon. I guess some of the shows have been disappointing too and they really need consistency and higher quality on that front going forward.

Hopefully Guardians can kick off the positivity again from next week. I plan to book my tickets later today.

Outside of the MCU there have been a lot of misses for Marvel, yeah. Hopefully they can get back to their good run asap and there aren’t more disappointments on the horizon. I guess some of the shows have been disappointing too and they really need consistency and higher quality on that front going forward.
The success rate for Marvel movies was better in the 2010s than in the 2000s, especially we got more Marvel films in the 2010s. And even though its just Marvel Studios and Sony doing Marvel movies now in this decade, TASM1 and Spider-Verse 1 did get a fresh rating. And I think Spider-Verse 2 will be reviewed well.

Though I still think Kraven, Madame Web and Venom 3 are going to get bad reviews. Venom, Venom 2 and Morbius reminded me of the bad Marvel movies we got in the 2000s but with more budget.

The TV side is on a different platform so I don't really compare them to the movies, though I think without them, Marvel Studios would have better quality control when it comes to their The Multiverse Saga movies.

This 2020s, there have been 5 strikes (rotten movies) out of the 11 released movies. Which could easily outnumber the rotten films we saw in the 2000s.

Last edited:
The success rate for Marvel movies was better in the 2010s than in the 2000s, especially we got more Marvel films in the 2020s. And even though its just Marvel Studios and Sony doing Marvel movies now in this decade, TASM1 and Spider-Verse 1 did get a fresh rating. And I think Spider-Verse 2 will be reviewed well.

Though I still think Kraven, Madame Web and Venom 3 are going to get bad reviews. Venom, Venom 2 and Morbius reminded me of the bad Marvel movies we got in the 2000s but with more budget.

The TV side is on a different platform so I don't really compare them to the movies, though I think without them, Marvel Studios would have better quality control when it comes to their The Multiverse Saga movies.

This 2020s, there have been 5 strikes (rotten movies) out of the 11 released movies. Which could easily outnumber the rotten films we saw in the 2000s.
Oh are you including the Sony films? In that case yeah it’s a bit harder to control and there could be a bunch more rottens incoming if they get around to the likes of El Muerto lol.

Oh are you including the Sony films? In that case yeah it’s a bit harder to control and there could be a bunch more rottens incoming if they get around to the likes of El Muerto lol.
Yup all Marvel films.

I don't think El Muerto is going to enter production, it would be silently canned.

1. The New Mutants
2. Venom: Let There Be Carnage
3. Eternals
4. Morbius
5. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

I predict these movies will join the rotten club
6. Kraven the Hunter
7. Madame Web
8. Venom 3
9. At least 1 upcoming Phase 5 or 6 film, I'd be surprised if they all end up fresh

2000s
1. Blade II
2. Daredevil
3. The Punisher
4. Elektra
5. Fantastic Four
6. Blade: Trinity
7. X-Men: The Last Stand
8. Ghost Rider
9. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
10. Punisher: War Zone
11. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

2010s:
1. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
3. Fantastic Four
4. X-Men: Apocalypse
5. Venom
6. X-Men: Dark PhoeniX

I hope they resolve the situation asap so everyone can move forward and the team behind Kang Dynasty can move forward. When is that expected to start filming?

1. The New Mutants
2. Venom: Let There Be Carnage
3. Eternals
4. Morbius
5. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

I predict these movies will join the rotten club
6. Kraven the Hunter
7. Madame Web
8. Venom 3
9. At least 1 upcoming Phase 5 or 6 film, I'd be surprised if they all end up fresh

2000s
1. Blade II
2. Daredevil
3. The Punisher
4. Elektra
5. Fantastic Four
6. Blade: Trinity
7. X-Men: The Last Stand
8. Ghost Rider
9. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
10. Punisher: War Zone
11. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

2010s:
1. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
3. Fantastic Four
4. X-Men: Apocalypse
5. Venom
6. X-Men: Dark PhoeniX
Ha, so the rotten club is mainly Sony films. They have a terrible hit rate lol. More rottens to freshes it feels like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"