Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Ha, so the rotten club is mainly Sony films. They have a terrible hit rate lol. More rottens to freshes it feels like.
Main reason why I want Marvel Studios to get the film rights.

However, what a weird coincidence that after the final Marvel foX film was released, Marvel Studios got their first rotten movie the year after, and it didn't take long enough to get their 2nd.

However, what a weird coincidence that after the final Marvel foX film was released, Marvel Studios got their first rotten movie the year after, and it didn't take long enough to get their 2nd.
Maybe they thought they need to keep some of the Fox footprint going forward. :D :dry:

That’s the same reason I’ve been wanting the same thing!! I guess. Great minds!! Lol

It's gonna last awhile I suspect.

The gulf between the Unions and the and studios is so wide ,that these issues won't be resolved as easily as they were in 2007, and that lasted 6 months.

We can hope for the best , but I'm not confident that the strike ends anytime soon.

It's gonna last awhile I suspect.

The gulf between the Unions and the and studios is so wide ,that these issues won't be resolved as easily as they were in 2007, and that lasted 6 months.

We can hope for the best , but I'm not confident that the strike ends anytime soon.
Oh didn't realise they were so far apart. That definitely sucks then, could be a long time. :csad:

Spider-Man No Way Home was released just 1 month after Eternals, and before Eternals was released, we already saw Sony Verse villains in the trailers of No Way Home. There was also the Tom Holland cameo in Venom: Let There Be Carnage, before Eternals hit theaters.

2017 wasn't the year MCU was connected to the Sony Verse. Marvel Studios just released their 1st movie with Sony in that year.

Spider-Man No Way Home was released just 1 month after Eternals, and before Eternals was released, we already saw Sony Verse villains in the trailers of No Way Home.

2017 wasn't the year MCU was connected to the Sony Verse. Marvel Studios just released their 1st movie with Sony in that year.

Define Sony-verse? Vulture who was in Homecoming was in Morbius too, was he not?

Define Sony-verse? Vulture who was in Homecoming was in Morbius too, was he not?
Reread my edited post as I mentioned the Tom Holland cameo in Venom: Let There Be Carnage.

Also Morbius was released in 2022, though technically it was supposed to be released in 2020 iirc.

Sony-Verse are Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Venom, Venom: Let There Be Carnage, Morbius, Kraven the Hunter, Madame Web and Venom 3. Well basically any Spider-Man related movie without the involvement of Marvel Studios, which was obviously not connected into the mcu until Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Spider-Man: No Way Home.

So I was posting a lot in the 4 section, and damn I just realized how I'm eXcited for that film and how I'm uninterested to the neXt year's Marvel slate.

- Deadpool is essentially Deadpool 3 + Hugh Jackman. Funny how its gonna add more continuity errors to the foXverse since Logan is supposed to be dead in foXverse but we really don't know if Deadpool 1/2 even eXist in the same universe as those films. But I dislike how they are going to drag the foXverse era once more. Thats like Marvel Studios doing an Amazing Spider-Man 3, Spider-Man 4, X-Men Dark PhoeniX Rises and New Mutants Chapter II. It just doesn't make sense to me.
- I'm not eXcited for Thunderbolts and Captain America at all. I'm not a fan of legacy characters. Like I'd rather see Marvel Studios' Falcon than what we are getting neXt May. The return of Betty Ross is the only thing I'm looking forward to Thunderbolts. The roster is just bland, and even if it composes an all former villain roster, I still don't want it. Just like how I was uninterested with Suicide Squad.
-Madame Web will end up like Venom, Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Morbius. Even if its reviewed well, I think it will flop like Morbius. So another lose for Sony.

And that leaves Blade, which I think has a high chance of being delayed to 2024. Okay thats the only one (out of the 4 MCU movies) I actually want to see in the MCU but it probably won't be released neXt year.

I'm counting Spider-Man Homecoming.
How is it SonyVerse though. It was clearly established from the get go that the Tom Holland version belongs in the world of the MCU. There was Zero connection from the previous/upcoming Sony non mcu movies in that film, just like how there was nothing from the Raimi trilogy and Webb duology that connected them to each other until No Way Home.

How is it SonyVerse though. It was clearly established from the get go that the Tom Holland version belongs in the world of the MCU. There was Zero connection from the previous/upcoming Sony non mcu movies in that film, just like how there was nothing from the Raimi trilogy and Webb duology that connected them to each other until No Way Home.

It's connected to SonyVerse.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, and it sounds like Blade needed the time anyway. Like they just brought on Nic Pizzolatto as a new writer before the strike. I mean he'd been apparently working on it a few weeks, but like still doesn't sound like they've cracked this yet.

Like, do I want to see Blade in the MCU? Yes, but I don't want watered-down "we're pushing the limits of PG-13!" Blade.

I could really give two ****s if Kraven the Hunter is R-rated, Blade makes sense because his enemies are vampires. Has anyone ever seen a good PG-13 rated vampire movie? And don't say Twilight.

The lead role has been cast way back in 2019...

It shouldn't take this long, especially when we are getting Wonder Man, Daredevil, Thunderbolts and New World Order. Those projects werent announced in 2019/2020 iirc.

Mahershala Ali is gonna be 60 by the time Blade gets off the ground

Marvel/Disney should seriously think is recasting if they have future plans for Blade outside a single movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"