Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

On an unrelated note, today is the 10 year anniversary of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

And 10 years later, Marvel Studios has still not topped this movie- and probably never will, in my opinion.

Can't believe they're still not giving up on stuff like Armor Wars and Vision Quest.

Can't believe they're still not giving up on stuff like Armor Wars and Vision Quest.

I mean, if they are THAT stubborn and not willing to lose some projects, in this case, Armor wars (that could just come and go). It would show that they didn't learn anything from The Marvels flopping.

Also I keep waiting when they said they would slow down the annual releases. Those two being filmed this year or neXt year, when they still have Daredevil, Wonder Man and Ironheart in the vault. What If and X-Men 97 are also in deep production for their neXt season...

As for X-Men, if they are filming neXt year, that would mean the new X-Men would be out in 2 years. That's fast.

Last edited:
Robert Downey Jr. Says He’d “Happily” Return as Iron Man, Regularly Threw Out His Dialogue

In fact, the actor says he’d “happily” return as Tony Stark / Iron Man.

“It’s too integral a part of my DNA,” Downey told Esquire in a new interview. “That role chose me. And look, I always say, never, ever bet against Kevin Feige. It is a losing bet. He’s the house. He will always win.”

RDJ won his Oscar; now he's a little more open to returning as Tony Stark. Get ready for Secret Wars.

I eXpect Chris Evans and Scarlett to be there as well, if he returns.
EVERYONE is going to be in Secret Wars. Hell, I could even see Nicholas Hammond there in a quick cameo. They're going big, they have no reason to hold back, not at this stage.

Only No Way Home has pulled off the multiverse aspects, but that was mostly on charm (covering the obvious seams).

They need to not get too crazy with future films, even Endgame bit off more than it could chew concerning amount of characters.

Its alittle surprising reading RDJ comments about possibley returning, before the win at the oscars, he was abit salty about things regarding the character, saying he was basically on cruise control towards the end. I dont believe he hated the character or anything, he was salty towards Hollywood for how they disregarded his performance as Stark as being a comicbook movie so not worthy of consideration for awards, maybe getting that win validated his acting ability and wants to reprise the role, even one last time.

It'd probably just be for one last performance. Especially after Oppenheimer, Downey Jr. doesn't need the MCU, rather it needs him. Joe Rogan even proposed a scenario like this when Downey Jr. was on his podcast. Post-Endgame, Marvel and Disney would make a couple of mediocre films, and when the time came, they'd ultimately give Downey Jr. a call again. But now, even after an Oscar win, I imagine most of us figured if he ever showed up, it would be for something like Secret Wars. But beyond that, the man doesn't need the MCU full time anymore.

I agree, Robert doesnt need the MCU and frankly it would just be a one off kind of thing, i cant imagine a 4th Iron Man film, he would likely just show up as a varient of Stark from another earth in secret wars assuming Marvel even brings him back, i seem to remember Kevin saying a few months ago they were not going to even entertain the idea of Robert or Iron Man returning, but with the MCU seeming ruderless and no real plan for the moment and films not doing as well as hoped , maybe they rethink their plan, bring back Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and Robert for one last film, and move into the Fantastic Four/X-Men era but leave the audiences with the feeling these 3 still are running around and could show up once and awhile.

My expectation if they show up in Secret Wars is that Downey and Evans would pretty much have the equivalent of Maguire's and Garfield's roles in NWH: show up late in the film and get a few cool moments during the climax.

My expectation if they show up in Secret Wars is that Downey and Evans would pretty much have the equivalent of Maguire's and Garfield's roles in NWH: show up late in the film and get a few cool moments during the climax.

Works for me. Really disliked a lot of No Way Home, but the stuff with Maguire & Garfield was, IMO, among the only parts of that film that worked.

For RDJ, you either make him a villainous Superior Iron Man (replacing Kang/Doom as the Secret Wars big bad) or make him a member of multiversal Avengers led by Tom Holland Spider-Man including the Spider-Men, Hugh Jackman Wolverine, maybe Halle Berry Storm? etc.

Something worth pointing out is that they don't even need to use a variant to bring back Cap. He can easily be recruited from the timeline he retired to and then return there at the end without breaking continuity.

Something worth pointing out is that they don't even need to use a variant to bring back Cap. He can easily be recruited from the timeline he retired to and then return there at the end without breaking continuity.
You mean old Cap we meet in Endgame has already went through Secret Wars? Interesting.

Okay for some reason, that made me ??? (Confused) when people started discussing timelines.

Okay for some reason, that made me ??? (Confused) when people started discussing timelines.
If you're talking about Old Cap in that timeline there is indeed a hole in the logic, at least in the way they presented it in Endgame. The writers/directors have been asked about it and they've dodged the question several times. Basically the writers believe one thing and the directors another, that's how I remember.

This post is what confused me and I tried to remember the scene from Endgame and I'm still confused.

If they brought back these "retired" MCU characters back for Secret Wars, I hope its easy to follow. LikeI don't want to watch Secret Wars and then also try to understand/remember what happened again in Endgame. Timeline discussion especially if miXed with time travel can get so confusing.

This post is what confused me and I tried to remember the scene from Endgame and I'm still confused.

If they brought back these "retired" MCU characters back for Secret Wars, I hope its easy to follow. LikeI don't want to watch Secret Wars and then also try to understand/remember what happened again in Endgame. Timeline discussion especially if miXed with time travel can get so confusing.
They're basically saying what if the Cap that shows up in Secret Wars is Steve when he started living with Peggy in the "past"/branched timeline. In other words Old Man Steve in Endgame already experienced Secret Wars.

And I think it would be a cool way of bringing back Evans without de-aging Steve or dealing with a variant.

They're basically saying what if the Cap that shows up in Secret Wars is Steve when he started living with Peggy in the "past"/branched timeline.

And I think it would be a cool way of bringing back Evans without de-aging Steve or dealing with a variant.
And we'd know is the same Cap we've been following for years.
Having variants we don't know s*** about is not very appealing to me, to be honest.

And we'd know is the same Cap we've been following for years.
Having variants we don't know s*** about is not very appealing to me, to be honest.
It makes me wonder now if there's a way they could bring back Tony in a similar manner but I'm not really sure how'd that work with him. Maybe at the exact moment he used the Infinity Stones? And then he has to wrestle with the idea that if he helps save the day in Secret Wars, it would also mean he'd be sent back to his death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"