The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

It’s funny robot chicken and rick and morty are marvels two favourite properties to harvest for talent. They must be huge fans

uj4syjb.jpg

I'm guessing the move is due to any number of reasons. It puts this right between Guardians 3 and Cap. 4 on the release calendar, it allows Marvel to get in Secret Invasion and Loki season 2 between Guardians and this without cramming them too close together, and it gets this out of the midsummer gauntlet.

I'm guessing the move is due to any number of reasons. It puts this right between Guardians 3 and Cap. 4 on the release calendar, it allows Marvel to get in Secret Invasion and Loki season 2 between Guardians and this without cramming them too close together, and it gets this out of the midsummer gauntlet.
Honestly it's probably for the best. Given Feige's recent remarks, spacing out these projects give them more of a chance to breath and stand out.

And sadly the most important factor for Feige, out of the Chinese dead zone of western movies.

Love the poster, hate the delay.

Expected it to get delayed, but didn’t expect they’re competing with Dune Part 2..
It didn’t made sense to me to have 3 movies within 5 months and then a break of 10 months until Cap 4.

And sadly the most important factor for Feige, out of the Chinese dead zone of western movies.

Love the poster, hate the delay.
I really didn't think of China, which has had diminishing returns for Hollywood of late, with the noted exception of Avatar (Antman's numbers are looking weak.), but now that you mention it, the remaining July rerleases, with the exception of Mission Impossible, probably won't be releasing there. Barbie has Simu Liu in it, Haunted Mansion has ghosts, and Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer could easily run afoul of censors as 'triumphailst American propaganda'.

Another good teaser poster for the Captain Marvel franchise. It's as bright and colorful as you'd expect when you've got three heroes with such bright powers.

As for the release date, it's a good move for them. Once Blade got pushed back, I had a feeling the Marvels would be moving so there wasn't such a big gap between releases in 2023 and 2024. November 10 is also a far better release window than the late July one. While being only a week after Dune II isn't ideal, it'll now have Thanksgiving weekend in its first month of release and likely won't face much competition until Wonka as I don't think the Hunger Games prequel is that big of a threat.

Expected it to get delayed, but didn’t expect they’re competing with Dune Part 2..
It didn’t made sense to me to have 3 movies within 5 months and then a break of 10 months until Cap 4.

I can see Dune moving. It will be a superior movie, but the first CM made a billion at the BO.

The poster is really cool though.

I hope not. Dune Part 2 is my most anticipated movie this year. And this is my least awaited MCU movie…

If anything, I could see Dune II moving up into October as there's nothing really there that'd be considered competition.
Pretty sure Dune was already supposed to release in October originally but got pushed back a couple weeks

Pretty sure Dune was already supposed to release in October originally but got pushed back a couple weeks
It was originally scheduled for Oct. 20th, then pushed back a month to Nov. 17th, then pushed UP 2 weeks to Nov. 3rd. I'm hoping that indicates the moves had nothing to do with them needing any more time, and more to do with them trying to find the spot that gives it it's best chance. Which now would mean they should go back to Oct 20th, or at least move up one more week to the 27th.

What did he do?
He was allegedly having inappropriate DMs with a minor I think. But it was intially reported by some hole in the wall news website and wasn't really backed up by any other major news outlet. While I think it's very much possible it could be true, it did seem odd the news came and went. I would wait and see if more info comes out about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"