The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

spongebob-fun.gif

Ms. Marvel is perfect for this.

This seems like a fun little B- // nothing that will change the course Marvel is on, but will be a nice distraction.

Yeah looks good, I'll be there

Moonstone at the end? or just "evil Carol"?
Zawe Ashton. They haven't confirmed who she's playing but various reports/leaks suggest she's playing Dar-Benn, another Kree commander. You see her briefly in a shot with a bunch of other Kree soldiers a few moments earlier in the trailer before the fight at the end.

New synopsis:

"In Marvel Studios' 'The Marvels,' Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel has reclaimed her identity from the tyrannical Kree and taken revenge on the Supreme Intelligence. But unintended consequences see Carol shouldering the burden of a destabilized universe. When her duties send her to an anomalous wormhole linked to a Kree revolutionary, her powers become entangled with that of Jersey City super-fan Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel, and Carol’s estranged niece, now S.A.B.E.R. astronaut Captain Monica Rambeau. Together, this unlikely trio must team up and learn to work in concert to save the universe as 'The Marvels.'"

This looks fun, but after Infinity War & Endgame I can't really help but see the decline in quality and each new MCU film just being the next fun time at the cinema, but an utterly average CBM that I forget about a day later. I saw IW 8 or 9 times at the cinema and Endgame around 5-6. The only MCU film I've seen more than once since then has been NWH.

I feel like I can't really get properly excited for any MCU film after Endgame as they all just get released one after the other without any stakes or consequences.

It doesn't help they decided to kill off the Conqueror in the first film he was introduced in.
Yeah but not every movie should try for IW or Endgame level stakes or grandiosity. Those movies were a culmination of 10 years of movies.

Yeah but not every movie should try for IW or Endgame level stakes or grandiosity. Those movies were a culmination of 10 years of movies.
They arent even matching Winter Soldier level of quality. I think NWH and BP2 are the only post-endgame films that even come close

Looks fun but definitely a Disney+ watch for me. I’ve been burnt too many times before.

I'm gonna pretty much stick to Disney +.

While I liked the first Captain Marvel, it wasn't a stand out MCU film, for me at least.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Ms Marvel series , though I like the Kamala Khan character, and The actress who plays her.
I also didn't watch Wandavision so the adult Monica Rambeau isn't a character I have an attachment with.

So, this is one of those Marvel films that I won't rush to the theaters to see.
I'm more interested in GOTG 3 if I had to pick between which film I was more interested in.

But I'll catch it on Disney +.

Love it. Just love it.

The chemistry between the three is just so fun from the little we see it. And the CGI isn't nearly as bad as I feared. The volume/green screen is kind of obvious in a few cases, but its no where near as bad as the vomiting of neon color we have seen in the past few movies.

Villain clearly has the other bangle in the last shot of the big fight we see.

Love Kamala's reactions. Love seeing Carol we know and love back. And Monica is looking to be a good addition.

Huh! Not someone who either dislikes or gets excited about MCU stuff but this actually looks way better than normal? I can immediately see that the three leads are going to have great chemistry together.

Also Brie Larson is one of the best and most charismatic leads in the franchise. ****ing fight me.

Ms. Marvel is probably one of the worst Marvel Disney+ shows but Iman did a great job so I’m happy to see her likely have a scene stealing presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"