The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

Just watched the teaser. That was unexpectedly fun! Also, I'm not really familiar with Kamala Khan. Is she always this likable?
Her first comics run by G. Willow Wilson was the most likable introduction of a new character I can recall. She was, as far I was concerned, Marvel's new Peter Parker. She feels slightly different in the MCU (and her powers are VERY different), but yes, in both versions, she's a massive Carol Danvers fangirl (why she takes up her former name in the comics) and Iman plays her with so much enthusiasm it's infectious imo. Helps that she is a GENUINE MCU fangirl lol.

Her first comics run by G. Willow Wilson was the most likable introduction of a new character I can recall. She was, as far I was concerned, Marvel's new Peter Parker. She feels slightly different in the MCU (and her powers are VERY different), but yes, in both versions, she's a massive Carol Danvers fangirl (why she takes up her former name in the comics) and Iman plays her with so much enthusiasm it's infectious imo. Helps that she is a GENUINE MCU fangirl lol.

Kewl beans. Is she some kind of reality warper in the MCU?

07907e3babd4f7e9444c92933412dc709fcd8568.gifv

fd2f3f93dd82fa1f20c896776ca9943b716a53ac.gifv

Just watched the teaser. That was unexpectedly fun! Also, I'm not really familiar with Kamala Khan. Is she always this likable?
Yes, always. :beaming:She’s going to add a lot of fun to the MCU. Can’t wait to see her interacting with all the existing characters.

Of course the incel losers like Ryan Kinel are having another conniption about the trailer.
Imagine being a racist, sexist POS and now having to endure a superhero movie with three female leads, two of whom are women of color.
Who cares what they think? They’re not worth paying attention to

I wasn’t expecting that tone in the trailer but this looks absolutely amazing and like a ton of fun. LOOOOVE Brie Larson’s look here. Happy to have Carol back after what feels like an eternity. Iman Vellani and Teyonah Paris look terrific too.

Ms. Marvel was by far the most enjoyable D+ show for me, and this trailer was nothing but fun and put a huge smile on my face. Watched it quite a few times already. Definitely looking forward to this, though I still hope the rumors of it being a musical are false.

its possible there may be a musical scene or two on that one planet in the trailer, but I don't think the movie will really be considered a "Musical" overall

Not loving that suit, feels a little dctv-ish
I like the muted colors on the other suit, but here its just too muted and too plain, lacking the flourish most MCU costumes have

Don't love Monica's shoulder pads either, but otherwise the design ain't bad...at least she's got some contrast

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"