The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

Are you talking about Korvac as he originally appeared or after he got the power cosmic from Galactus? The Korvac of the Korvac Saga was obviously super powerful, but the character existed prior to that point too.

The Korvac of the Korvac Saga, which is what everyone remembers. He's also the more relatable one as a human. Before that he was part machine and even looked it in the sense that he didn't even have legs or a bottom half but was more of a box.

Korvac was one of my villain suggestions back before the first film, so I'd be here for this.

But I'm definitely taking that "scoop" with a grain of salt.

I can't believe it's 2021 and people are still complaining about Carol being "too powerful." She's our MCU Superman, y'all. That ain't changing. Best to start getting used it now or prepare for years of frustration.

The film comes out in November 2022, that's 20 months away and I hope we see Monica before then, even if it is only mid/post credits.

Yaassssss, let's go! Seems like only yesterday we were looking at the first LA set pics from the first and speculating on why she was in the green suit, lol.

Her suit looks a bit bulky. Isn't it better to slim it down a bit maybe like Supergirl's current season 6 suit?

I like her suit as is (I preferred her CM one over her Endgame one), but I'm sure she'll get an updated suit each movie, cuz merchandising.

I cannot wait to see who else is cast. I don't think Carol, Monica and Kamala (if she gets her powers by the start of this movie, which I think she will) will be the only superheroes in the movie.

I have read rumors that it may be some sort of Avengers team up movie. If that's the case I would not be surprised to see two friends of Steve Rogers and/or a certain long time friend of Tony Stark somehow involved. It may be why casting is halted at this point, with Zawe Ashton the only new addition. My theory is that Marvel is waiting for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier to end before putting them both in Captain Marvel 2. While I do think there will be some new male superheroes introduced in Captain Marvel 2, I do think there will also be some MCU vets like Sam, Bucky and Rhodey.

We heard all that stuff about the MCU going more cosmic going forwards. If there’s any truth to that then this would be a good place to start pushing that.

I'm personally hoping most of this movie is set in space, so I don't expect/hope for many Earthbound heroes to show up. They made Monica an astronaut for a reason, dammit, lol.

It will be curious to see where Kamala Khan fits into all of this then. We'll see where her journey takes her when her series ends.

Oh s***, that's Steve McQueen's DP! :up: Always nice to get new blood in the MCU. I don't think he's ever shot anything like this before, so I have no idea what to expect visually, which is exciting.

I am always curious to know how new heroes introduced in the MCU are going to be connected to the rest of the MCU, most notably Blade, Shang Chi and Moon Knight because I cannot figure out how any of the three will be connected, but Moon Knight and Blade have not started casting yet. As for Miss Marvel, I would suspect that one of Monica, Carol or Fury shows up in the post credits to meet her.

I suspect Kamala will have a Carol fangirl moment, and maybe show up again in the 3rd act if it's on Earth to briefly help out (since her powers/show will have been established beforehand). Or something like that. I don't think she'll have a major role, more like a cute guest spot.

I suspect Kamala will have a Carol fangirl moment, and maybe show up again in the 3rd act if it's on Earth to briefly help out (since her powers/show will have been established beforehand). Or something like that. I don't think she'll have a major role, more like a cute guest spot.

That would be cool. I can see one of the Younger Avengers like her or Kate Bishop filling Peter Parker's role of "teen on actual Avengers squad" in the future. Or it could be that they are on a squad led by Peter called Young Avengers. Peter Parker is the right choice for leader. First, he's still in high school in the MCU so he would be the same age range as everyone else on his team, but second and most important, he has experience in being a Superhero and being a member of the Avengers. He would use that experience to lead an inexperienced group of superheroes, not all of whom will have a mentor to guild them like Parker did for Tony Stark or Kate will have in Clint Barton.

That would be cool. I can see one of the Younger Avengers like her or Kate Bishop filling Peter Parker's role of "teen on actual Avengers squad" in the future. Or it could be that they are on a squad led by Peter called Young Avengers. Peter Parker is the right choice for leader. First, he's still in high school in the MCU so he would be the same age range as everyone else on his team, but second and most important, he has experience in being a Superhero and being a member of the Avengers. He would use that experience to lead an inexperienced group of superheroes, not all of whom will have a mentor to guild them like Parker did for Tony Stark or Kate will have in Clint Barton.
I do get the feeling that they are setting up some sort of Young Avengers project on the horizon.

I do get the feeling that they are setting up some sort of Young Avengers project on the horizon.

Should be led by Peter Parker since he would be the most experienced Superhero in the group. The leader should not be anyone older than 25 and needs to at least have experience in being a Superhero.

So they've renamed it "The Marvels"? Seems like it really is more a teamup of Carol, Monica and Kamala, rather than a simple sequel for just Carol. Wonder if it'll also feature one of Mar-Vell's kids in any capacity.
nKtS3ec.png

Interesting.

Maybe they'll drop the "the" like they did with Eternals.

I'm totally up for a team up of the 3 of them although I was expecting a full on CM2 sequel first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"