The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

I'm guessing this is the sequel.

Do they consider this CM2 or just a team-up? Or maybe they're hedging their bets so that whoever if more popular they'll press forward with development rather than putting it all on Captain Marvel.

Well they do like to stay away from numbers in the titles. So this plays into that. Makes me wonder if they'll pass the torch from Bri.

Carol's font. Kamala's "S" and Monica's Photon in the A right? But not Carol star burst. . . . .

I can see all three of them getting together and smashing out the Brood in this movie.

Will the title of this thread and forum be changed to "The Marvels" now?

With Kamala in what is looking to be much more than just a cameo role, I'm guessing a good chunk of this will take place on earth. I'm okay with this, as Carol has a dysfunctional relationship in the comics with her (now quite elderly) dad and her other family members that I would like to see explored. And if they keep Carol's hometown from the comics I would love to see Brie attempt a Boston accent.

Hopefully Monica will have fully developed powers by this movie.

Marvel's The Marvels. A Marvelous movie from Marvel Studios.

I'm guessing DC wished they could've had a movie called "The Marvels" about Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr.

Not crazy about the title, especially since it's followed by "Captain Marvel" but it is clever. Typically a title is just whatever to me anyway.

They should have waited for the third movie to do this, Carol deserves a standalone sequel.

Welp, I take back my prediction that Kamala will likely just be an extended cameo in this. :funny:

I really hope this doesn't mean it will be too Earthbound, though.

This is certainly an interesting twist, part of me doesnt mind while the other part is let down. We havent really gotten to know Carol that well so going from 1 solo movie to the rest of her appearances being "team" movies is....weird. Even Captain America got to be the star of his first two films.

I've been thinking about this title, and something just isn't sitting right with me. I think it's that, in my opinion, it doesn't really (for lack of a better word) reach either part of the audience.

It doesn't really have any hook for casual viewers; if they saw the title (not logo or anything) in print somewhere, all they'd think with so little to go off of is "What's a Marvel?"- it could certainly be one of the few miscellaneous movies with marvel/marvelous in the title... a reach perhaps, but not impossible. It's like if they called CA:TFA "The Super Soldiers" or Doctor Strange "The Sorcerers"

And for the fans who are more invested, it just doesn't give us anything else to get excited about "Of course, it's a Marvel movie- we already knew that...." Or at least nothing we didn't already know with Kahn and Rambeau. The announcement was supposed to elevate the excitement, not just maintain it. And I'm just not sure it did that.

DC need to put out a movie called The DCs now.

I can’t help but feel like this film sharing a pluralization of Marvel Studios’ namesake is an even bigger middle finger to the raging incels on the internet who misquoted Brie Larson comments to mean she hated men (she doesn’t) and that the first film would bomb (quite the opposite). It’s like Marvel Studios is like, “So, you hated having one female Marvel? Well, now have 3-4 of them!”

I thought the first film was a quite fun, the vitriol towards it by toxic internet trolls was way overblown, and I’m looking forward to this one.

Not crazy about the title, especially since it's followed by "Captain Marvel" but it is clever. Typically a title is just whatever to me anyway.
Thats what I don't like about it. Its like how the title for the Wolverine films are a bit all over the place (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine, Logan). I prefer numbering or a two to three subtitle. For the casuals, its probably easier to follow/understand.

What are they going to call the third Captain Marvel movie after this? Will they separate both Ms. Marvels after this and give them their own solo movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"