The Amazing Spider-Man The Mary Jane Watson Thread

On topic, I'd say that, depending on how the reboot ends, it might be cool to see MJ appear in the very last scene. I know it's a bunch of ifs, but seeing as we know next to nothing about the film, here's me speculating/spitballing for fun ideas:

Let's say that the film ends on a high note. Huge final battle, villain is defeated, Spidey is triumphant and Peter and Gwen are finally solid in their relationship (they're relationship can start earlier, with Peter's complicated life as Spidey acting as an interjectory problem, or they're relationship can fully bloom towards the end).

And so, Gwen and Pete are hanging out at Pete's house, and the doorbell rings. Aunt May answers, and calls Peter to the front door to meet the new neighbour. Peter leaves Gwen for a second and approaches the front door. He stops, his jaw drops only slightly, and we get a bit of a vacant stare. Awkward pause and he finally comes to his senses and says "Hi." We cut to a very beautiful MJ standing in the doorway.

"Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot."

Still a bit dumbfounded, Peter says nothing, and Gwen walks into frame behind him. Her eyes shift from Peter to MJ and back to Peter. MJ extends her greetings to Gwen, and Peter turns from MJ to Gwen, giving his girlfriend a small, sheepish smile with a bit of laugh (for some reason, I can so easily visualize Garfield in this type of scene, and it seems really funny - but maybe that's my twisted mind). And then, as we're still focussed on the image of Peter's final emotion, we cut to black.

Too rom com? Hehehe. :funny:

So, this would all be in the execution, obviously. But I think this approach would work if Pete was in high school (even graduating year) for the film. Also, depending on the characterization of Pete and the approach to the story and the film, I think it could work as a fun ending that clearly shows they have plans to continue the story of this Peter Parker. Obviously, it can be considered a cliffhanger, but I think I would enjoy it. Again, it really only works if the tone of the film isn't totally dark (which it shouldn't be for Spidey), or if the ending has some light at least. I think it would be cool to kick off the love triangle with a fun start for a change, instead of the typical melodramatic triangles we often get on film and TV. But that's just me. It works in my mind. Hehe. ;)

Oh, and best news of the week? The recent banning. The poor lad had such promise though. I guess he just didn't realize that with great power comes great responsibility. :woot: :up:

On topic, I'd say that, depending on how the reboot ends, it might be cool to see MJ appear in the very last scene. I know it's a bunch of ifs, but seeing as we know next to nothing about the film, here's me speculating/spitballing for fun ideas:

Let's say that the film ends on a high note. Huge final battle, villain is defeated, Spidey is triumphant and Peter and Gwen are finally solid in their relationship (they're relationship can start earlier, with Peter's complicated life as Spidey acting as an interjectory problem, or they're relationship can fully bloom towards the end).

And so, Gwen and Pete are hanging out at Pete's house, and the doorbell rings. Aunt May answers, and calls Peter to the front door to meet the new neighbour. Peter leaves Gwen for a second and approaches the front door. He stops, his jaw drops only slightly, and we get a bit of a vacant stare. Awkward pause and he finally comes to his senses and says "Hi." We cut to a very beautiful MJ standing in the doorway.

Still a bit dumbfounded, Peter says nothing, and Gwen walks into frame behind him. Her eyes shift from Peter to MJ and back to Peter. MJ extends her greetings to Gwen, and Peter turns from MJ to Gwen, giving his girlfriend a small, sheepish smile with a bit of laugh (for some reason, I can so easily visualize Garfield in this type of scene, and it seems really funny - but maybe that's my twisted mind). And then, as we're still focussed on the image of Peter's final emotion, we cut to black.

So, this would all be in the execution, obviously. But I think this approach would work if Pete was in high school (even graduating year) for the film. Also, depending on the characterization of Pete and the approach to the story and the film, I think it could work as a fun ending that clearly shows they have plans to continue the story of this Peter Parker. Obviously, it can be considered a cliffhanger, but I think I would enjoy it. Again, it really only works if the tone of the film isn't totally dark (which it shouldn't be for Spidey), or if the ending has some light at least. I think it would be cool to kick off the love triangle with a fun start for a change, instead of the typical melodramatic triangles we often get on film and TV. But that's just me. It works in my mind. Hehe. ;)
I like it.:up:

Oh, and best news of the week? The recent banning. The poor lad had such promise though. I guess he just didn't realize that with great power comes great responsibility. :woot: :up:

I also like this.:applaud

I like it.:up:

I also like this.:applaud

Ahhh good. I was totally expecting to get ripped for thinking up such a light-hearted ending. That said, there is certainly still plenty of time for me to be ripped by other posters. :woot:

But I'm glad I got my point across. I can easily visualize this working, and working well, in my head, but it's obviously a bit harder to type it out and convey it verbally. I'm all for epic superhero endings, but I think this would really fit Spidey/Peter. At the end of the day, he's a normal dude with normal problems (although I'm not sure I would call two smokin hot babes a "problem" :woot:), it's just that he just happens to have incredible spider powers. I wouldn't mind seeing a light-hearted ending for a change, especially if the film focuses more on character and what it's like being Peter Parker.

Last edited:
Who's joking? :csad:

Whomever thinks recasting Dunst as MJ is a good idea. Since she's already proven wrong for the character(even if the scipt was flawed)

Ahhh good. I was totally expecting to get ripped for thinking up such a light-hearted ending. That said, there is certainly still plenty of time for me to be ripped by other posters. :woot:

Add a 'dope slap' of Gwen on Peter after MJ has walked by and I'm sold :woot: !

It's good, however that would mean they'd need to cast MJ from the 1st film and give her a role of 12 seconds. You think it would be feasible?

Add a 'dope slap' of Gwen on Peter after MJ has walked by and I'm sold :woot: !

Hehehe. :funny:

It's good, however that would mean they'd need to cast MJ from the 1st film and give her a role of 12 seconds. You think it would be feasible?

Yeah, I definitely thought about this. I think it is feasible, and there are a few possible points to ponder here. Reports say that at one point, MJ was going to be in the film. Whether this is true or not, however, we don't know. If it was indeed true, perhaps Sony already had some actresses lined up for the role?

Another point to consider is the early buzz on the film within the studio. If they are confident in it, we may have a Green Lantern situation where a sequel will be greenlit (excuse the pun) before the first film even comes out. Even without buzz (now we're talking strictly based on the script and property name alone), perhaps Sony is already thinking ahead to filming a sequel soon after the first one. Maybe they don't want to press their luck with the actor age factor, or maybe they'd be eager to further capitalize on the return of Spidey to the big screen. In any case, if a sequel is already being thought of, then I can imagine that they would be able to get MJ ready if need be.

Now, this is obviously all speculation, and I'd actually say that there's probably more evidence pointing towards her not appearing; one major fact being the planning ahead and duration of the role, as you mentioned. That said, I was just spitballing and having fun with an idea for the ending. While I think it's totally possible to include her if Sony is smart about it and has their schedules in check, I can definitely see why it is probably considered an impossibility. It's not like we saw Heath as the Joker at the end of BB. WB and Nolan were not confined to an actor, unlike how my proposed MJ situation would make that the case.

Of course, whatever comes will come and we'll just have to deal with it. :)

You're confusing the banned one with Night Raven, who sadly is still here :csad:

I don't see why I should be banned, otherwise we should ban freedom of speech and expression. I've just expressed one opinion that Aunt May should be played by a young actress. This is not to attract attention or to be a troll, but is my serious opinion. I haven't been rude or offensive to anyone or attacked them in anyway if they haven't agreed with me. I haven't even expressed that opinion in a risque way but have given perfectly valid reasons for why I think Aunt May should be much younger. Every single other post I've made on other topics in other forums here has been presented in the same thoughtful way, and people have respected that. The fact that some people don't like this particular opinion shouldn't be cause for me to be banned, otherwise what next? Anyone who suggests a certain actor/ actress/ costume etc for a character will have to be wary in case everyone else frowns upon his or her opinion because only certain opinions are allowed here?

You'd better watch out then Majik, because you never know when your opinion will not be tolerated and people will be calling for your removal!

Didn't say you should be banned, just corrected the poster on who he was thinking about. :o

Yeah, I definitely thought about this. I think it is feasible, and there are a few possible points to ponder here.

Of course, whatever comes will come and we'll just have to deal with it. :)

Maybe a back shot of MJ. But that would make it more of an after-credit scene than an actual one...

Didn't say you should be banned, just corrected the poster on who he was thinking about. :o

But you did say that sadly I was still here, as if you wished that I were banned.

I don't like it for the ending, but it would be great for a post-credits scene.
Maybe a back shot of MJ. But that would make it more of an after-credit scene than an actual one...
I prefer cliffhangers to be at the end of the movie instead of an after credits scene. They're just getting to be annoying lately.
But you did say that sadly I was still here, as if you wished that I were banned.
Yes, because all I've seen of you in the Spidey reboot forums has been to make Aunt May a sexy young woman in her late 20s, early 30s, and not just in the Sally Fields as Aunt May thread; So yes, I find it sad that you're still here in a way.
And I don't wish for anyone to be banned on opposing/odd/weird/stupid/etc opinions. If they're trollish, they'll get themselves banned soon enough on their own.

I prefer cliffhangers to be at the end of the movie instead of an after credits scene. They're just getting to be annoying lately.

I wouldn't want an after-credit scene either.

Yes, because all I've seen of you in the Spidey reboot forums has been to make Aunt May a sexy young woman in her late 20s, early 30s, and not just in the Sally Fields as Aunt May thread; So yes, I find it sad that you're still here in a way.
And I don't wish for anyone to be banned on opposing/odd/weird/stupid/etc opinions. If they're trollish, they'll get themselves banned soon enough on their own.

No, you are wrong. I've talked about the casting of Mary Jane/ Gwen Stacy when that was still being debated, and I discussed the Lizard as villain and Garfield's casting. Yes, I've spoken about Aunt May recently, but that's because she wasn't yet cast up until recently, and I further expressed my opinions on the subject when Sally Field was apparently cast. The fact that that particular opinion stands out in your mind is because it is something recent, and because it is more controversial. Before you wouldn't have particularly noticed my opinions. However, that's not to say that I haven't discussed anything else, only that what you've most prominently noticed is the Aunt May talk and you've incorrectly associated only that with me. I talk about many other topics both in this forum and in the other ones, and all on a perfectly serious note (which the Aunt May talk is too).

Good riddance to him. He was terribly offensive and rude to other users. I like Elena Satine myself, but I wouldn't say she's absolutely perfect for MJ like he thinks, and I'm not going to attack other users if they don't agree with my opinion. His way of foisting her upon everyone was almost starting to make me not want her for the role.

Elena does look more Eastern European than MJ should, even though she is extremely pretty. She would be good for a young Black Widow (or Dark Star).

I can see Elena Satine making a good Jean Grey

I would also like to see this. Because you just know that, at the end of the film if he ends up happily-ever-after with Gwen, at the back of the minds of every single general audience member even remotely familiar with Spidey, no matter how much they like Gwen, will be, "What about Mary Jane?" So I think this would be a smart ending for the filmmakers to acknowledge that. :up:

I wouldn't want an after-credit scene either.

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of after-credit scenes, unless they have absolutely no true relevance to the story (these can be fun). For instance, while the Fury scene after the credits in IM was definitely awesome, I was a little surprised that they used it as a basis for the introduction to the character. In IM2, he just showed up, without even mentioning his name, apparently assuming that everyone saw the IM after-credits scene. But that's just one example.

I would also like to see this. Because you just know that, at the end of the film if he ends up happily-ever-after with Gwen, at the back of the minds of every single general audience member even remotely familiar with Spidey, no matter how much they like Gwen, will be, "What about Mary Jane?" So I think this would be a smart ending for the filmmakers to acknowledge that. :up:

Definitely. That was also a strong basis for the idea as I was mulling it over. The majority of the GA that knows even the slightest about Spidey knows about MJ. Like you, I think it would be a fun ending that would answer everyone's "back-of-their-mind-questions" about where MJ is. :)

Did anyone get a chance to see Elena Satine tonight on Smallville? I thought she was pretty darn good, and looked absolutely gorgeous, again no ones been cast and this girl is starting to get more and more roles, sort of becoming more mainstream. It'd be MEW or Satine honestly for me, if you watch Smallville Satine really has this really girl next door voice which i really enjoyed

She was gorgeous, but her acting was below average imo. No way would I want her as MJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"