The Amazing Spider-Man The Mary Jane Watson Thread

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
So, is Kirsten Dunst coming back or what? If not then let's get the ball rolling on Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Winstead.jpg

So, is Kirsten Dunst coming back or what? If not then let's get the ball rolling on Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Winstead.jpg

too late :( kirsten is returning especially since sam has full creative control. Kirsten said she wouldnt return if sam and tobey didnt return so there ya go !

I'll believe it when it's on paper.

Wouldn't make sense to recast MJ at this point, if the rest of the cast stays. I f'n hate Dunst for the role too, but it's way too late for changes.

I think Sony is waiting on an official answer from Kirsten or something.

Wouldn't make sense to recast MJ at this point, if the rest of the cast stays. I f'n hate Dunst for the role too, but it's way too late for changes.

Kirsten Dunst has obviously never been a fan of the role. She did it for the money and exposure. And since she hasn't been signed then anything is possible.

Not the point. She's been MJ for three films now, and the audience knows that. To change the role this late in the game, is moronic. Especially when the rest of the cast is likely to be back.

If Kirsten goes, let MJ go. I wouldn't mind.

Catman changed his avvy?:eek: I kinda agree with Crook & SMH12 but on the other hand...I totally agree with Catman...:o

I think Dunst even said once that she signed on to be noticed in other countries and all.

i actaully like Kirsten, and its really way to late to change now, they might as well finish Raimi's films and eventually reboot the series like in 2020 or something

She's been MJ for three films now, and the audience knows that. To change the role this late in the game, is moronic.

The movie is called Spider-Man 4 not Mary Jane 4. No one is gonna care if they re-cast the role. It's not like she was popular or anything.

I hope she won't come back, for the sake of the Spider-Man Franchise!

It's time for a sexy MJ, it's also the time for an MJ that looks like MJ!!

The movie is called Spider-Man 4 not Mary Jane 4. No one is gonna care if they re-cast the role. It's not like she was popular or anything.
I never said they'd care. But I'm implying a recast is generally distracting. Why recast now, when they could do that for the inevitable "refresh" after Raimi is done? Why waste a film (or two) on this new actress, for a role that's arguably dry and unlikable? Either get her back for continuity's sake, or just drop it.

No one's gonna care if MJ stays, but no one's gonna complain if she doesn't come back either.

That's true...& the first part of your post made me think of that one video I saw once of these kids playing with SM3 action figures & one of the kids says to the other, "No one cares about your career. This is SM4 not Mary Jane 4." or something along those lines....:o:grin:

Yeah, Kirsten's back. Please, don't make her *****y.

Hell, gain weight, I always preffered the red wig, and be alot more likeable like she was in SM1.

^ Yes. Kirsten Dunst can return if she shows her nipples again. :cwink:

Quite frankly I want MJ back and I want a recast.MJ is fiery and passionate and Kristen never really had that.Whoever MJ is Please Sam let's not have her kinapped ok?:o

I wish Raimi would let MJ return to how she was in SM-1...y'know when she wasn't annoying and complaining about everything? I don't mind Dunst returning and think it's way too late for recasting, but if she's going to return don't make her be jealous of Peter.

^ Agreed.

I want her to support Peter and have a nice relationship.

And yeah, don't hold her hostage again. Hell, don't even have a hostage.

^ Agreed.

I want her to support Peter and have a nice relationship.

And yeah, don't hold her hostage again. Hell, don't even have a hostage.

Yeah, that part is getting old. Have her be involved, and maybe be in the action, but don't have her end up as a hostage.

i actaully like Kirsten, and its really way to late to change now, they might as well finish Raimi's films and eventually reboot the series like in 2020 or something

I feel the same way. I like Kirsten,although she may not be the perfect MJ. The only complaint I have is that she just seemed bored with the role in parts 2 and 3. But,I guess when she signed on for 3 movies she only thought about exposure...at the time. I just hope that for 4,she's not doing the same thing(getting kidnapped and screaming),which might answer my question as to why Dunst seemed so bored with the role the last 2 films.

Same here. I'm fine with MJ returning, but don't use her as a hostage or have her being jealous of Peter. Like I said before, MJ in SM1 was the best, compared to two and three - especially three.

MEW for MJ. Dunst for Twilight 2.

Winstead.jpg

well at least we have evan rachel wood for mary jane in the spider-man musical. me-ouch !

erw1.png

erw2.png

erw4.png

erw3.png

erw6.png

erw5.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members