The Matrix Trilogy

Obviously the first movie is the best, but I really liked the 3rd one as well, I loved the war aspect of it. Didnt think much of the 2nd, but dont mind it as a bridge between the 1st and 3rd movies.

I think the car chase in Reloaded is still one of my favourite scenes from any film ever. The build up, the way the score is sorta on a tight rope untill they get onto the freeway and then all hell breaks loose. Just amazing.

Totally agree.. one of my favorite chases

well, the ending of the third leaves it (as i take it) that people who choose to be free have that right, but those who cannot "see/believe" in freedom remain a battery, thus the return to cooperation of robots and humans, that said it is neo's purpose in life to save people, to show them they have free will, that is what the whole climax of revolutions is about, choice. that is what we believed seperated us from robots, but as rama kandra has shown us through his ability to love his daughter program, sati, we learn that robots have discovered/evolved the ability to choose as well. the end of revolutions does not mean that the bad guys are gone all is well, it just means that "everyone" has a choice now, thus neo has a mission to continue

Very good point. The end of revolutions is just a truce between man and machine, a truce that the characters doubt will last forever.

This is a good article explaining why there could be (or not) another Matrix film:

http://the-trukstop.com/articles/2008/matrix.html

Anyone else notice that in the first Matrix film you can see the TV screens in The Architect's office when Mr Anderson is taken into the interrogation room by the agents? The scene starts with us seeing it through those TVs and then fades through into the actual room.

Anyone else notice that in the first Matrix film you can see the TV screens in The Architect's office when Mr Anderson is taken into the interrogation room by the agents? The scene starts with us seeing it through those TVs and then fades through into the actual room.

Yep, thats a nice touch. :up:

I love the Matrix. It has some deep stuff for something that is regarded by most as an action film.

The one thing I liked about Revolutions was the end battle between Neo and Smith and I immediately thought Superman.

Talk about disappointment added to more disappointment.

Yea that is how I wanna see Superman fighting. Well, not exactly like that but you know what I mean! :D

No. Superman shouldn't be using kung fu. A Superman fight should be like McClane vs. Karl in Die Hard but while flying.

No. Superman shouldn't be using kung fu. A Superman fight should be like McClane vs. Karl in Die Hard but while flying.

Who said anything about kung fu? Notice I said "not exactly like that". Fighting while flying is what I meant. Smashing through buildings and what not.

What route where you all expecting here for the sequels to go

and another question is...do you remmeber some of the wacked out theories people had on what the next two movies would be like

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you: a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries; a world where anything is possible… Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

That is the end speach from The Matrix, I think it works as an ending to the whole story as well.....

Have the wachoskis ever said anything about another matrix movie? I cant believe they wouldnt be asked about this continously.

I love the first one, watched it a couple nights ago. Always great rewatching it.

I really hope so as well. Ive read somewhere that reloaded and revolutions are actually one big movie split into two and the 3rd one was never made...just rumours but with time passing it would be nice to let Neo fully complete the Jesus/Saviour cycle and resurrect to save humanity.
yeah reloaded and revolutions is really one story.
tis really a one long movie split in half.

The one thing I liked about Revolutions was the end battle between Neo and Smith and I immediately thought Superman.

Talk about disappointment added to more disappointment.

I immediately thought "Dragonball"

and yes

I am reviving this thread because i didnt want to make a new one

What would you have done with the sequels or what where you expecting/wanting before we seen anything from the sequels
Me personally i was really hoping it would keep the gritty grungy look from the first

I also was wanting for there to be lots of gltiches happening in the matrix because of The One now being out and about

Scenes similar to thes ones in the Beyond episode on the Animatrix

Expecting :
Just what Joel Silver ( and to a lesser extent John Gaeta) were boasting. I know that everyone involved is going to say "OMG MY MOVIE KICK ASS ! " but Joel Silver just went overboard. The guy is a great producer , he just needs to keep his mouth shut when being interviewed :oldrazz:
I just wanted to see the stuff they were talking about being used to a greater detail.
For example
1 In the car chase there the sequence where the agent jumps and crushes the carhood . Although it was agood old fun sequence i had expected that they had more sequences like that. You know as the car of trinity swerves the agent(s) would jump from car to car and crushes them in order to get to them faster.

2 THe whole fire behaving like water and water like gas thing.
They actually did that . The sequence where neo blasts out of the exploding tower at the end of reloaded is called the flaming tsunami with the liquid flames. I think it was just something that was misunderstood by the reporter but they way gaeta was talking about it , i had expected to have similar sequences in revolutions with a failing matrix.
Ditto with the water behaving like gas. That's actually what they were doing with all the massive shockwaves in the superbrawl. They made the water behave like gas .

Wanting :
JUst some of those wacky rumors actually turning out to be true.
Going back to the car chase , i had read a rumor at AICN of a sequence i n the car chase where trinity and morpheus were escaping with the keymaker. As the agents fail to catch up to them , one agent jumps out of the copcar and then proceeds to jump from car to car and try to catch up to them.
Morpheus then battles the agent mid-air with his katana to try and slow him down.
Meanwhile the other agents just morph into the other car drivers and try to go all kamikaze by ramming trinity's car.

The fight between neo and the twins in revolutions.

A more DBZ-superhero esque superbrawl with thousands of smith's flying and duking it out with neo.

As for the sequels themselves.
I liked the idea of neo becoming some sort of Moses figure. There was also a rumor out there that neo would lead the rest of the people who escaped the zion attack and bring them to the surface.
The way i envisioned the sequels was actually the bulk of reloaded and the attack of zion as one movie.
So essentially reloaded would be a movie where neo would have to find the keymaker /meet the architect. Meanwhile zion would be attacked by the sentinels but thru some way neo would be able to stop the attack ( just like he did with the sentinels at the end of reloaded) , inside the matrix.

He would return to zion and take the survivors to the surface.
Revolutions would continue that and of course at the end would be the big fight between smith and neo.

Also while i liked the ending of Revolutions with everything turning out "well" , i hated the happy colorful sunshine .
I would preferred a more dark setting like this pic
http://www.intothematrix.com/rl_img/anime_gallery_sec_ren_2cl.jpg

Have the wachoskis ever said anything about another matrix movie? I cant believe they wouldnt be asked about this continously.

They probably would be asked about this ...IF they ever talked to the press :oldrazz:
Seriously i think Matrix 4 is the game THE MATRIX ONLINE but since that hasn't exactly been a success , we might never see one.

Although i would like to see what they would do with a matrix 4.
And if Keanu would return.
I dunno if they ever made one after say 20 years or so , i would like to have a sequence where neo's spirit would appear a la AKIRA in the anime

Who said anything about kung fu? Notice I said "not exactly like that". Fighting while flying is what I meant. Smashing through buildings and what not.

I totally agree with you then.

I'd be up for Matrix 4. I'd like the Brothers to not oversaturate the films with their philosophy and keep the plots followable. The only reason I don't get confused during the sequels is because I've seen them 6000 times. Christian Bale as an Agent wouldn't hurt matters.

Did you mean Bale wouldn't hurt matters or would? I think Bale could be pretty sick as a Agent or another program in the Matrix universe. He can play emotionless, machine type characters quite well.

I watched The Matrix a couple of days ago and it always makes me lol about how many questions Neo asks :D

Trin: You want a coffee?

Neo: Why?

Trin: Are you thirsty?

Neo: Am I? I'm not sure.

Trin: Are you glad you followed the white rabbit:heart:?

Neo: I don't know - should I be?

Trin: Fine! Let's go to bed.

Neo: Why? Which bed?

Trin: Dodge this :cmad:! *throws frying pan*

Did you mean Bale wouldn't hurt matters or would? I think Bale could be pretty sick as a Agent or another program in the Matrix universe. He can play emotionless, machine type characters quite well.

You caught me before I edited my post. When I heard he was joining Terminator Salvation I was hoping he would play a Terminator. I just want to see him as an evil bastard remorselessly slaughtering people left and right.

You caught me before I edited my post. When I heard he was joining Terminator Salvation I was hoping he would play a Terminator. I just want to see him as an evil bastard remorselessly slaughtering people left and right.

YES!! I am all for Bale as a remorseless killing machine! Hollywood, make this happen!! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"