• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Matrix Trilogy

The problem of the Matrix sequels is that the Wachowskis came up with a draft of ideas and concepts that should have been whittled down and refined into a single movie.

Instead they padded it out to two movies, and the work suffered.

I loved the matrix movies! They are some of my fave films of all time. I personally would love to see a new entry in the matrix franchise. I even I have few ideas for a new movie.

One idea that I had was that the new movie be a prequel to the matrix trilogy. This movie would take place years before the first movie, showing the early years of the war with the machines. The movie would also follow Morpheus and Trinity backstory and how they met each other. The movie could also shed some light on the previous ONE's. How they came to be and what happened to them. Of course they would have to cast younger actors to play morphues and trinity.

Another idea that I had for a new movie is a sequel to the trilogy. The movie would take place years after revolution. The is peace between machines and humans. Then something happens that sparks a new conflict where humans and machines must work together to defeat it. Sure it's cliche but it would be cool to have neo make a cameo or a new ONE appears. Maybe the Kidd that idolized neo in the movies.

What do you guys think? Do any of you have any ideas for a new matrix movie?

Last edited:
I think no prequel or sequel to Matrix. May end up like Terminator Salvation did, so leave the series to R.I.P.

Story wise I thought the second Matrix was just a mess it felt like it had no flow to it all and with it being the middle movie of a trilogy it really needed to connect the first/last one togther,and it did not.
Visually the sequels was good I loved the 'Highway' scene in Reloaded as well as the 'Smith Brawl'. Revolutions was decent I never liked the 'Subway' scene at all it just seemed to take away.
I think the major issue was Neo himself as he was just all brawn and no brains it was kindof depressing to watch his character at times.
The first Matrix will always remain the best of the series hands down.

*Minor issue I had in Revolutions was when they were parting ways. I was expecting Trinity/Morphious to say some words or hug or something as they were together along time???

I see alot of people here like the Reloaded fight scene with the 100s of Smiths but I honestly put 2 others higher than that one from Reloaded. As short as it is I absolutely love the beginning fight with Neo and the agents when they are having the meeting. I definitely geeked out when Neo basically just toys with the agents like they are nothing. It was so different from the 1st movie when the agents were a very real threat. I loved its simplicity and it was a great introduction to the audience just how better Neo had progressed in his skills and then his takeoff blew my mind away.

The second and probably my favorite from Reloaded is the fight at the chateau when Neo takes on all the Merovingian's guys. It's hard to put into words exactly but I always get goosebumps when he stops all those bullets and the fight starts. It's a wonderfully choreographed sequence and once again shows how great Neo has become.

The 100 agent Smiths was fun but watching it now I can definitely see how fake some of the CGI looks in that part. Its an ok fight but its fakeness drops it down a notch in my book.

The Chateau fight is definitely awesome. Cool choreography, well shot, awesome music. It had all the elements of a great action setpiece.

The problem of the Matrix sequels is that the Wachowskis came up with a draft of ideas and concepts that should have been whittled down and refined into a single movie.

Instead they padded it out to two movies, and the work suffered.

So what your saying is they should of made only 2 Matrix films?

^ I actually came in here to share your link, haha. It doesn't really alleviate the problems I have with the sequels, particularly Revolutions, but it is interesting to hear their perspective on what they were going for.

It's a shame the franchise is dead, there was potencial for video games, comics and novels but nobody seems interested. Kinda wish that rumor of Matrix 4 and 5 was actully true

Abrams will direct the next one 10 years from now.

Or the guy that reboots Tron
ofc5ra1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"