The Matrix Resurrections

S.A.A.D.

Superhero
Reaction score
-"Says he (Keanu Reeves) met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199

why? 3rd one wasn't good, had some good SE but bad story. I hated the ending

This sounds great and all but I need something even more official. Would love for them to revisit the Matrix and especially with some time to work out the good and bad things we got from the sequels and really focus on making something amazing out of a new Matrix story.

From AICN:
The Keanu talks MATRIX 4 (3D) & Warners pays $5 million for Wachowski's HOOD starring Will Smith?!?!
Hey folks, Harry here... and it seems "El Nino" was in the ideal place for some pretty monumental news that "The Keanu" dropped into the world! Awesome! I love it when you readers report in from special, off the radar events, like this one!

Personally, I'm jazzed about this HOOD project that gets mentioned. I'd heard that BILL & TED 3 was being enthusiastically developed. And I'm looking forward to basically every project listed below.
Hi guys,

Hope you're feeling better Harry, get well soon!

Long time reader, occasional news feeder. Writing from rainy old London, England. Surprised that no one has commented on this, lucky me I guess. Was lucky enough to attend a key note speech at the London school of performing Arts university and was honoured to be in the same room as Keanu Reeves who was the guest of honour. Keanu was here promoting his new movie Henry's Crime which is opening shortly.

keanu as always was his kind gentle self and spoke to the class for a good 45 mins about his big break in acting and his love for Shakespeare. the floor was then opened for Q&A and the following was note worthy;

- Says he's prepping a action movie around the world of the samurai and that it will be a hard "R" rated 3D action feast that will deliver some great martial art set pieces. he's into 2 months of a 6 month training programme.

- Spoke briefly about the possibility of Bill and Ted part 3 - ( Audience started laughing) but he assured us he's committed to the project.

this is where the fun begins. Some great info shared with us good people.....

- Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

- Keanu spoke about the need to encourage writers to continue to focus on working on new ideas and that a good script was worth its weight in gold. For example he said the Wachowski's had just sold the most expensive script in history to Warner Brothers. a modern futuristic take on the legend of "Robin Hood". Says he understands WB paid $5 million for the rights and that from what the wachowski's have told him, it will be an action movie that would have the same impact visually and technically that Terminator 2 had. Confirmed that Will Smith has agreed ti headline the picture.

that was pretty much it guys, have to give kudos to Mr Reeves. A true gentleman and an esquire.

can't wait for the above to come to fruition. If you use this please refer to me as "El-Nino".

Peace out gents.....

"El-Nino"

Last edited:
I guess they're trying to clean up that last mess they call The Matrix Revolution...smh

Damn it, I'd rather see the sequel to Bill and Ted before this. :(

Honestly, I liked the sequels.

Not sure how I can feel at this point.

Both Matrix Reloaded & Revolution were crap, and I doubt they can catch lightning in the bottle again with a fourth movie. I guess the Warchowski bros. are really desperate to have another hit again.

If they can recapture the magic of the first then I'm all for it.

I'm not sure where they can go with it at this point though. Didn't they pretty much establish that the machines needed to stay in control in Revolutions?

^ So the machines could only stay in control and stop fighting with the humans if Neo gave himself up to them,wether he's dead or alive? I haven't seen the whole movie yet and don't fully understand the ending. I'm for a sequel if it's satisfactory enough.

Maybe they will forget Reloaded and Revolutions and remake the two sequels with better stories. I liked both the sequels in some regards, but I would like two proper sequels if that was the route they would decide to take. Either way, I'm looking forward to this. I don't think a franchise should die just becuase it had some black spots on its record. Any time there is opportunity to improve i'm all for it.

I enjoyed the sequels to a certain extent as well,but those movies just confused me.
To me Neo just mooped around confused and was just a blunt instrument with no brains. It was painful to watch him always depressed not knowing WTF to do...
Reloaded was just all about the action sequences the whole Keymaker crap and Mariovingi(sp) was not very done well neither. Then there was the 'Architect',who just seemed to talk in riddles and confuse ppl more. The best thing about Reloaded was the 'Highway' sequence and 'Burley Brawl' imo_O,can't forget 'Serv' fight was okay.
Revolutions was a tad better imo,though not much better than Reloaded. To me the worst thing about Revolutions was the ending with Neo and I understand the whole sacrifice thing,but coud of been better I think.
I think if they wanted to make Neo a 'Jesus' type figure thats fine,but he needed to have a little more wisdom and not appear such a 'tard.
Original Matrix is still the best of the trilogy and is still a very good sci/fi movie its just a shame they kindof watered down the trilogy.

I'm also in the minority here that did enjoy them . I'm not sure where they could go with a new Matrix but I think it could be good.

I'm also in the minority here that did enjoy them . I'm not sure where they could go with a new Matrix but I think it could be good.

:up:

Here's hoping its another good one...but I just can't fathom why it would happen...I thought 3 was a great way to end it.

Neo died...what is the point?

That is never stated. He still has light coming from him when the machines carry his body away, and the Oracle tells the child that they may see him again.

NO! For me, this franchise ends with movie #1! :cmad:

Who'd be the villain?

Seems like everything turned out good in the end of revolutions.

Who'd be the villain?

Seems like everything turned out good in the end of revolutions.

Well, The Matrix Online was actually a canonical continuation of the series, and the basis was that even though the machines and humans were at a truce, it was shaky. And I believe there was independent programs like Smith developing. Didn't play it myself, not my type of game and heard the gameplay was mediocre, but the story was said to be interesting.

Not sure on this myself. I don't garner the hate and rage for the 2nd & 3rd that some do but do feel like they were a pretty big dip in quality from the flatout amazing first film. If the W's can recapture that, I'm all for it, but I'm not really sure if they can.

Me too, I like the sequels. After Revolutions, I'm caught up in researching the meaning of the entire trilogy and why the story and its ending is that way and when it all made sense, it became one of my favorite sci-fi saga/trilogy.

For those who don't like the sequels, what are the complaints against the sequels? Is it the usual "bad acting/poor script" complaints?

Looks like someone is needing a hit. Well, I'll still see it.

Are they serious after the garbage they pulled in the two sequels ? They think they can find redemption by making a fourth film . This has got to be some kinda of twisted joke .

If it happens, all I ask is that it be better than Revolutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"