'The Matrix' Reboot

I certainly want to know more!

200.gif

I enjoy all the Matrix movies (dodgy cgi aside) so looking forward to this.

Alrighty then.

If it happens, I'm down for it.

“ We have heard a new ‘Matrix’ film is happening soon at Warner Bros with the Wachowskis set to return to direct.

As previously reported by THR, Zak Penn will write the screenplay and Michael B Jordan will star. We have learned that the Wachowskis will return to direct the film and will begin production in early 2020 in Chicago, they have been secretly prepping the film under the working title “Project Ice Cream”. Plot details are currently under wraps for the film however the project is already beginning to fill out it’s crew with Hugh Bateup, who was an art director on 1999’s ‘The Matrix’ set to return to the franchise as the production designer for this film.

Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society Productions and Warner Bros will produce the film, it is currently unknown whether the film will still be a reboot or will be a sequel to the previous trilogy.”

Last edited:
Good to hear it's finally happening. I hope it's not a Morpheus prequel.

Holy Sh**!

Hope that site is reliable though.

Yeah I hope this is a totally new story. A Morpheus prequel is such a cynical idea.

I wouldn't be upset or something by a Morpheus prequel but yeah I would much rather a new spin off story set after Revolutions

The question becomes will this work without Reeves

Since this isn’t being reported anywhere else, I’d say don’t hold your breath just yet.

As long he isnt playing Neo I am on board. Otherwise, you know my opinion about gender benders, race changes etc. No need to repeat myself.

Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society Productions and Warner Bros will produce the film, it is currently unknown whether the film will still be a reboot or will be a sequel to the previous trilogy.”

Sequel or prequel hopefully.

I don't see this happening. MBJ already has too much on his plate. He has Creed 3 & Thomas Crown Affair remake for MGM, Methusaleh for WB & he is also attached to top-line an action franchise for Lionsgate.

Outlier Society does have a first look deal with Warner Bros so this might not be totally unsubstantiated rumors. But the projects they've worked on so far i.e Just Mercy (or those which are in various stages of development like Black Leopard Red Wolf, The Liberators) are all dealing with social commentary and MBJ has signed an inclusion rider for diverse behind the scenes talent on movies he is going to produce. I just don't see how this potential Matrix movie is suitable for his collaboration with WB.

Is there any chance Keanu and Fishburne come back? I don’t need them to be the main characters but it would be a bummer if they weren’t involved at all.

Above all else though, please don’t let this be a remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"