The MLB Thread

JimThompson

Sidekick
Reaction score
Cannot believe there was not a running Major League Baseball thread here. Thought baseball was more popular than that.

Anyway, here we go! Starting this because I just saw Edgar Martinez has finally been selected to be in the Hall Of Fame! It seems way past tie for that to happen!

Here are all the inductees:

Edgar Martinez
Harold Baines
Mike Mussina
Roy Halladay
Mariano Rivera
Lee Smith

iu

To say the Boston Red Sox are having a good weekend is something of an understatement. They have moved into second place in both the AL East and the Wild Card race. They have been hammering the Yankees this weekend. Seems unlikely they will sweep the Yanks all four games, but this has been impressive none-the-less.

I am hoping that my Nationals don't choke down the stretch. I just want us to stick it to Harper and show him we don't need him.

Heading to the Wild Card Game tomorrow. Let's Go Nats!!!!!

Congrats to the Nats on their first WS.

First time champions in MLB, NHL and NBA. That is cool.

I hope the parade will be like how it was when the Caps won.

Did the road team win every game? I am happy the Nats one, just so the gross ass Astros, and their open misogyny wasn't rewarded.

Also Bryce Harper, Jesus Christ. :funny:

Went to the parade for the Nationals. It was good probably almost as good if not better than when the Caps had theirs.

Derek Jeter and Larry Walker are the 2020 class. Jeter missed out on an unanimous induction by one vote.

Derek Jeter and Larry Walker are the 2020 class. Jeter missed out on an unanimous induction by one vote.
Walker was long overdue and whomever didn't vote for Jeter should have their vote taken away.

At first these advanced stats obsessive types kept Walker out of the HOF due to the Coors Field effect.

But as time went on and stackwhacking became more advanced, they discovered that only three players in MLB history rank in the top 100 players ever in all three of offensive runs created, baserunning runs created, and defensive runs saved: Larry Walker, Barry Bonds, and Willie Mays. You put yourself on a three man list with Bonds and Mays, they can't deny your greatness.

Sadly it may be a while before we see baseball again. Or any sport for that matter ...

This was supposed to be opening week :csad:

I'm not missing baseball that much. It's a reminder of how much love I lost for current baseball over the years. I have watched some old baseball classic games. So there is still some love but mostly from nostalgia now.

With the squabble over money it feels like MLB and the MLBPA are digging their own graves with the fans.
:angry:

Always amusing when people who are staunch defenders of capitalism get mad at capitalists for trying to capitalize.

Middle of June and they still haven’t pulled their heads out of their collective butts.

60 games appeals to me. A quick, intense sprint rather than a 6 month marathon.

40 games against the other 4 teams in your division, and 20 vs the geo equivalent division (NL East vs AL East, etc.) in the other league to cut down on travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"