Superman Returns The Official Comic-Con Thread!

Retroman

Avenger
Reaction score
Comic-Con 2006 :: Programming for Thursday, July 20

1:00-2:30 Mattel Action Figures— What’s the latest with Mattel’s action figure lines? Mattel toy makers sit down to give fans the inside scoop on Naruto and Avatar as well as its DC Heroes, The Batman, Justice League Unlimited, and Superman Returns toy lines. This program will include a sneak peak at upcoming toys as well as a Q & A with Mattel designers. Room 2

3:30-4:30 Spotlight on Jimmy Palmiotti— He’s one of comics’ most popular inkers, and he’s developed quite a sideline in writing, too! Jimmy Palmiotti talks about his always busy comics work (including Jonah Hex, Superman Returns prequels, JSA: Classified, and much more) and welcomes his friend John Heffernan, screenwriter of Snakes on a Plane and artist Amanda Conner in this special spotlight event. Room 1A

4:30-6:00 Animating Comics Characters— What challenges do animators face bringing comic book heroes and villains to life? How do they determine the best technique to use to create digital characters? How do animators go about balancing respect for iconic characters with cinematic needs? A panel of top animators, many of whom also teach at Animation Mentor, discuss the challenges of animating comic book characters, show examples of their work, and demonstrate techniques and solutions. The panel includes Sony Pictures Imageworks animation directors Andy Jones (Superman Returns) and Spencer Cook (Spider-Man) and Animation Mentors Chris Williams (Spider-Man, a lead animator at Imageworks) and senior animator Dovi Anderson (Hellboy) with Sheigh Crabtree from The Hollywood Reporter moderating. Room 6A
Comic-Con 2006 :: Programming for Friday, July 21

10:30-12:00 Impact University: How to Write and Draw Comics and Graphic Novels— Some of the biggest names in comics will teach you what it takes to make it in comics and graphic novels. Our star-studded faculty panel this year includes Peter David (Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, X-Factor), Marv Wolfman (Crisis on Infinite Earths, New Teen Titans), Matt Haley (Superman Returns artist), Jim Salicrup (editor-in-chief, Papercutz), John Jackson Miller (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Iron Man) and Maggie Thompson (editor, Comics Buyer's Guide). Find out the best way to submit your work, learn the dos and don'ts of the business, and participate in a Q&A session. Room 8

icon_updated.gif
11:00-12:30 Warner Bros. Pictures Presents— In person, stars Hilary Swank and Anna Sophia Robb, director Stephen Hopkins, and producer Joel Silver of The Reaping, a supernatural thriller in which Hilary plays a world-renowned expert in disproving religious phenomena. But when she investigates a small Louisiana town that is suffering from what appear to be the Biblical plagues, she realizes that science cannot explain what is happening. Plus: Bryan Singer Returns! Please welcome long-time friend of Comic-Con, director Bryan Singer, to answer your questions about Superman Returns and give you an idea of what's next. Plus: more news and special promo items will be given to all who attend. Hall H

1:00-2:00 Warner Home Video's Superman Through The Ages— Featuring special guests from the film and television incarnations of Superman, including a special reunion with surprise guests and extended exclusive footage for Superman II—The Richard Donner Cut. Q&A with Marc McClure, Jack O'Halloran, Tom Mankiewicz (creative consultant), Michael Thau (editor in charge of the SII reconstruction), and more. Also in attendance super-secret special guests from the Adventures of Superman, Lois and Clark, Smallville, Superman The Animated Series, and Superman Returns! Room 20

2:00-3:00 DVD Sneak Peek 2006— Bill Hunt and Todd Doogan, editors of The Digital Bits.com (recently named one of Entertainment Weekly's Top 25 Entertainment Sites of 2006) and a panel of some of Hollywood's leading special edition DVD producers will give you a first look at lots of great movie and TV DVDs on the way for 2006 and 2007! They'll talk about the new HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc high-definition formats and answer lots of audience questions. Scheduled to participate are Robert Meyer Burnett (Superman Returns, Free Enterprise: SE, Chronicles of Narnia), JM Kenny (Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, Zoom, Rocky Balboa), Charles de Lauzirika (Kingdom of Heaven, Twin Peaks, Blade Runner), Andy Mangels (He-Man, She-Ra, Dungeons & Dragons), and Javier Soto (Pan's Labyrinth, The 4400). Room 6B

6:00-7:00 The Jim Henson Company: Power of the Dark Crystal and Sneak Peeks— Lisa Henson (Power of the Dark Crystal), and Michael Polis (MirrorMask) from The Jim Henson Company will discuss current and upcoming productions. Panelists include Brian Froud (Labyrinth), Genndy Tartakofsky (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), and Scott Stewart (Superman Returns) will be on hand to talk about the much-anticipated sequel feature Power of the Dark Crystal. Other topics include the new puppet television shows for grown-ups as well as new DVD releases, manga books, and exciting new products from Jim Henson Designs. Room 6CDEF
Comic-Con 2006 :: Programming for Sunday, July 23

10:30-12:00 Media Tie-In Writers: United and Licensed to Thrill!— The hottest adventures for your favorite films and television shows aren't only happening on the screen. From Star Trek and Star Wars, to Buffy and Superman, to CSI and Monk, some of fiction's best-selling novels are media tie-ins. This year saw the organization of the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers, and many of its members are here to share secrets from the familiar worlds they work to expand in print! This all-star panel of scribes are licensed to thrill! Alongside moderator Andy Mangels (Star Trek, Roswell) are Nancy Holder (Buffy, Smallville, Hulk), David Seidman (Fantastic Four, King Kong, Disney), Terry Erdmann (Monk, Last Samurai, Star Trek), Marv Wolfman (Superman Returns, Crisis on Infinite Earths), Jeff Mariotte (Angel, Superman, Conan), and David R. George III (Star Trek). Find out what the future holds in store for your favorite franchises! Room 2

Source: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_thu.php
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_fri.php
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_sun.php

Its not gonna be anyone from SV, they said on comicscontinuum.com that production obligations will keep them from attending...

LostSon88 said:
Its not gonna be anyone from SV, they said on comicscontinuum.com that production obligations will keep them from attending...

that makes me even more excited for this!

I must say i wasn't expecting this. After all the good and bad critism Singer is coming to face the music at Comic Con.

11:00-12:30 Warner Bros. Pictures Presents— In person, stars Hilary Swank and Anna Sophia Robb, director Stephen Hopkins, and producer Joel Silver of The Reaping, a supernatural thriller in which Hilary plays a world-renowned expert in disproving religious phenomena. But when she investigates a small Louisiana town that is suffering from what appear to be the Biblical plagues, she realizes that science cannot explain what is happening. Plus: Bryan Singer Returns! Please welcome long-time friend of Comic-Con director Bryan Singer to answer your questions about Superman Returns and give you an idea of what's next. Hall H
Source: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_fri.php

woot! Finally....do you think any of of that SII: Donner Cut footage will make it online?

What will they show???? I mean returns is already out, so what will they show at the superman panel??? has anything been confirmed?

1:00-2:00 Warner Home Video's Superman Through The Ages— Featuring special guests from the film and television incarnations of Superman, including a special reunion with surprise guests and extended exclusive footage for Superman II—The Richard Donner Cut. Q&A with Marc McClure, Jack O'Halloran, Tom Mankiewicz (creative consultant), Michael Thau (editor in charge of the SII reconstruction), and more. Also in attendance super-secret special guests from the Adventures of Superman, Lois and Clark, Smallville, Superman The Animated Series, and Superman Returns! Room 20

That's what they'll show

Will unhappy fans really let rip at Singer?
  1. The kid
  2. Lack of action / supervillian
  3. Where's the 'finding-his-place-in-the-world'?
  4. Over-reverence of Donner's film
I'm really wondering why is he making an apperance at all, unless it's obligatory. It wouldn't boost box-office numbers at this stage. Unless he's got something to say about the sequel.

Well since it looks like Singer is going to discuss what's next, he'll be discussing the sequel which it seems is inevitable and it seems he is going to be getting another crack at it.

People really don't understand that Singer has become a fan over the years just like us. I think he went to Comic Con after the release of the first X-Men movie as well.

Ratner isn't there neither is Chris Nolan yet both say they're the biggest fans and what not.(Don't mean to bash these directors by saying that)

I hope Singer reveals whats in store for the sequel.As long as we don't get Zod back i'll be happy.We've been there and done that.

I am pretty sure the writers have said that it won't be Zod but another Kryptonian villian.

I am sure the list includes Brainiac, Metallo, and Bizzaro.

I hope you're right cause i think i remember reading one of them saying they'd like to explore the possibility of other Kryptonian survivors.

Retroman said:
People really don't understand that Singer has become a fan over the years just like us.

You beat me to it :)

Retroman said:
I hope you're right cause i think i remember reading one of them saying they'd like to explore the possibility of other Kryptonian survivors.

Could be a large number of possibilities both on earth and somewhere out there. Most likely the chunk of NK floating in space will have the answer.

The three goons that got crushed? :O

Retroman said:

Braniac? :)

Showtime029 said:
Could be a large number of possibilities both on earth and somewhere out there. Most likely the chunk of NK floating in space will have the answer.

The three goons that got crushed? :O
As long as Zod, Non and Ursa stay way from this i'll be happy.And no made-up villains, please.

Steelsheen said:
Bring it on!:D :up:

I'd also like Singer to introduce Lana Lang, Star Labs, Intergang and the Daily Star to name a few things in the sequel.

Well, I think Zod is out of the question. Why? Well remember we have Smallville. They have now put in Zod. They (Smallville creators) had a meeting with Singer a while back to make sure they did not "step on each others toes". I think they wanted to bring in Zod in the series, something that would proove difficult if Singers intention was to bring him in. Something telles me Singer gave them the green light to use Zod, since he has no plans for using him. Maybe that also means that Brainiac is out of the question for a sequel.

what about the Eradicator, I mean, SR really set it up for him to appear......

New Krypton....... I mean it's almost perfect, he considers Earth a threat to New krypton and starts a war against them

also, what about Jason, the Eradicator may not like the tainted krypton blood......

This is what I want to come from Comic Con to the internet since I won't be able to go:

1) The interview(s) with Singer. There may be more than one.

2) The news on what he wants to do for the sequels.

3) The trailer, or clips they wanna show of the Donner version of Superman II.

I hope, I REALLY hope, we get this.

the number one questions he needs to be asked is why does he think that a sequel at all will be in the works since the Box Office results have been terrible.

He needs to be asked on his opinions on the marketing, on why the film has taken so little.. the film is supposed to be SUPERMAn... not Superdisappointment

how much does it cost to get in ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"