• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman Returns The Official Comic-Con Thread!

ervann said:
Will unhappy fans really let rip at Singer?
  1. The kid
  2. Lack of action / supervillian
  3. Where's the 'finding-his-place-in-the-world'?
  4. Over-reverence of Donner's film
I'm really wondering why is he making an apperance at all, unless it's obligatory. It wouldn't boost box-office numbers at this stage. Unless he's got something to say about the sequel.

I Bet singer will back out of going at the last minute this year now that the movie looks like a total flop... :up:

charl_huntress said:
^^you are putting a lot of faith in him showing up...only a few days unti lthe day. I guess we will find out, but I'll have my camera phone ready just in case.

The same way you and your trusty camera phone are betting that he won't? ;)

He'll show- no doubt about it.

If my Spider-Man: The Series was off to a rocky start, I would still go and answer any questions happily. Because if you don't show you run the risk of upsetting alot of people who might have wanted to see you and ask you questions about future possibilities.

Note: My Spider-Man: The Series is a TV series that I am currently putting together to pitch to network execs. Basically it's Peter Parker getting bitted by the radioactive spider at age 15, similar to the classic comics, and what happens from there. Next year I will start forming a very important connection to Marvel- Avi Arad is an alumni of Hofstra University, the college that I will be attending next year.

I know, shameless plug- but hey, need to continue the word somehow.

charl_huntress said:
You still have faith him...I don't:down

You have no faith in him that he will show up or no faith in him as a director?

The movie isn't a failure with critics, but it is not as big as it should at the box office. Two different things.

I think Singer will show. Jesus though, I feel for the guy because people had problems before they saw the damn movie. Now imagine the complaints!

And I think Superman Returns is a slow burn. Once all the hype slowly dissolves and the DVD is about to release, people will turn around and say "you know, that wasn't what I expected, but I really enjoyed it" in hindsight.

Superman Returns isn't an "instant gratification" movie like Spider-Man or *shudder* Fantastic Four.

^^If he doesn't...

LOL...it's going to get interesting. Like I said, I don't know how to capture or paste a damn pic, but I guarantee you I will make sure that empty seat is shown.

YOU GUYS...HIS SHEEP...better hope he shows....seriously :)

Triligors said:
He'll show- no doubt about it.

If my Spider-Man: The Series was off to a rocky start, I would still go and answer any questions happily. Because if you don't show you run the risk of upsetting alot of people who might have wanted to see you and ask you questions about future possibilities.

Note: My Spider-Man: The Series is a TV series that I am currently putting together to pitch to network execs. Basically it's Peter Parker getting bitted by the radioactive spider at age 15, similar to the classic comics, and what happens from there. Next year I will start forming a very important connection to Marvel- Avi Arad is an alumni of Hofstra University, the college that I will be attending next year.

I know, shameless plug- but hey, need to continue the word somehow.

:up: Sound good to me...plug it:)

He's going to show. From an aspiring director's stand point- it would actually look worse to not show up than to show up and deal with a couple fan complaints. Because if you don't shows up that signals to others that you have lost your confidence which in this industry is the LAST thing that you ever want to do- because tabloids would jump on that and recently Fox has turned somewhat into tabloids.

charl_huntress said:
^^If he doesn't...

LOL...it's going to get interesting. Like I said, I don't know how to capture or paste a damn pic, but I guarantee you I will make sure that empty seat is shown.

And if he DOES show...?

YOU GUYS....HIS HATE CLUB...better hope he doesn't...seriously. :)

If I was Singer, I'd ****ing go. I'd be like, **** you beeeeyotchas, it's MYYY movie!! Make yer own, punks!

Heh, not really. But I wouldn't be afraid to defend my choices.

charl_huntress said:
^^If he doesn't...

Heh Heh. You are overly obscessed with Singer not showing up to Comic Con. I don't know what reason he will have not to show up, you're telling me the box office is going to keep him from showing?

I think you're going to get more satisfaction out of Singer not showing up at Comic Con than any of his so called "Sheep" got out of the movie.

My favorite saying....

^^^TIME WELL TELL....AND I WILL BE THERE TO DOCUMENT WHAT HAPPENS...BE ASSURED.

You have faith in him...STILL....but if he doesn't show. I'd love to hear you spin...seriously :)

charl_huntress said:
You have faith in him...STILL....but if he doesn't show. I'd love to hear you spin...seriously :)

If he doesn't show, I won't "spin". I'll call him out on his cowardice, but it won't affect my opinion of the movie.

So what will you do if he does in fact show? ;)

And...SR is slated for a slot regardless...if he doesn't show...someone else will.

LOL...you SHEEP...better hope he shows, or I'm going to figure out to show that he didn't.

You are staking a lot of cred by saying he will. I'm staking anything. I'm saying if these INTL figures don't prove to be successful...Singer might do a GHOST and you'll have to be a bahhinng sheep to say DITTO.

charl_huntress said:
My favorite saying....

^^^TIME WELL TELL....AND I WILL BE THERE TO DOCUMENT WHAT HAPPENS...BE ASSURED.

I am simply stating that he will show up at Comic Con, it has nothing to do with "having faith in him", I just see no reason why he wouldn't. You're trying to create some broad conspiracy where Singer bows out because he is afraid of some comments from the fans.

I am not Singer's press secretary, there is no reason for me to spin, just like there should be no reason for you to spin your conspiracy in the making. You're trying to inject me into some sort of fanboy niche, for which you are sadly misguided.

If he doesn't show up, he doesn't show up. What do you or I really get out of it either way? I get to say I told you so, or you get to post a picture on the internet from your camera phone. Sounds like fun times. :O

SolidSnakeMGS said:
So what will you do if he does in fact show? ;)

LOL...I'm doubt he will. LOL...but if he does. I'm going to put a question in the box and where my best shirt, so someone notices me:)

Showtime029 said:
I am simply stating that he will show up at Comic Con, it has nothing to do with "having faith in him", I just see no reason why he wouldn't. You're trying to create some broad conspiracy where Singer bows out because he is afraid of some comments from the fans.

I say again...I hope he shows. He better be able to answer for his vision, or he will look like a coward.

Showtime029 said:
I am not Singer's press secretary, there is no reason for me to spin, just like there should be no reason for you to spin your conspiracy in the making. You're trying to inject me into some sort of fanboy niche, for which you are sadly misguided.

Fanboy niche? I'm a fangurl, so get them facts straight because we are different when it comes to Supes. Now...I'm not trying to interject anything. YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!! You are saying he will show because he has NO FEAR. I'm saying he might not...but he probably won't.

LET'S SEE...shall we:)

Showtime029 said:
If he doesn't show up, he doesn't show up. What do you or I really get out of it either way? I get to say I told you so, or you get to post a picture on the internet from your camera phone. Sounds like fun times. :O

LOL..yep it will be. Though, where will you and your predictions be? You sound like a damn sheep, Showtime, and that's a shame....considering your name highlights why most don't like the movie:O

Hugh'sMrs said:
Singer was in Australia at the time of Comic Con last year, but he made the considerable effort to fly across the world. So Nolan ought to be able to make the 90 minute drive from LA.

Except for the fact that his movie is two years away, and they don't really have anything to show. Unlike Iron Man, which is halfway into preproduction, Nolan & company don't have a lot to present for BB2 yet. Singer went last year because he had something to prove, and he had footage to show. I doubt he would've went two years before the movie came out.

He'll show. He showed when the crap hit the fan over the costume, I think he'll show this time too and toss the fans some bones of the sequel.

Man I wish I could go this year.

Sam Jackson, Bryan Singer, Nick Cage, Eva Mendes, :sigh:

But it'd cost me like 200+ just to get there (I live in SF Bay Area) :(

Hey, they're going to cover it on G4 TV. Supposedly, live......and I think they'll get the SUPERMAN RETURNS panel on screen.

Awesome.... really hope Singer says something about the sequel.

When are they going to cover it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"