The MLB Thread

BTW, if you don't love Jessica Mendoza, just kill yourself. She's one of those people who gets the intricacies of the game and it's a pleasure listening to her analyses.

one of my favorite softball players ever too. she was a killer switch-hitter at the plate. and has the Gold to prove it

Urias just finished off the 8th. Time to bring in Jansen and get this game over with. :nono:

That must’ve been a tough call keeping Urias in instead of bringing in Jansen. Justin Turner was diagnosed with Covid and removed in the seventh-inning

So the dodgers took it huh?

So the dodgers took it huh?
3-1 and the series 4-2. Seager MVP. Also took the LCS MVP. Dude was on fire. They were lucky to get by Atlanta.

Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that MLB hasn't announced whether or not a DH will be in the NL this season? How are NL teams supposed to plan and make signings during free agency if they don't know what their lineups will be? Pull it together.....

Soooooooo......the Dodgers signed Bauer. I don't know if his 2020 year was a flash in the pan. Hell, Alex Wood, I think made the All Star team with a great first half start a few years ago, but then regressed to the pitcher he really was.

The thing is, a front four of Buehler, Kershaw, Bauer, and Price is just nasty and only strengthens the bullpen or gives you ammo for a big trade. Add in the Dodger's offense and defense and other teams must be shaking their heads.

I don't normally watch baseball this early, but, as an LA native, I decided to check out the Dodger/Padres series. Man, the home plate umpiring has been embarrassingly awful. Mostly in the favor of the Dodgers (so I'm not complaining per se), but, man, they've got to do something to fix this.

MLB, either step up the quality of calling the strike zone or turn it over to the machines. I suggest the T-1000 as there won't be any more arguments about balls or strikes.

giphy.gif

Buster Olney is reporting MLB will start hitting pitchers with suspensions if caught putting crap on the ball to add spin which apparently is all over the majors steriod era but for pitchers some are describing

Buster Olney is reporting MLB will start hitting pitchers with suspensions if caught putting crap on the ball to add spin which apparently is all over the majors steriod era but for pitchers some are describing
Google Gaylord Perry

Jesus real life Harris from the movie major league I truly believed thst was just a gag for the movie Holy #### lol
Now THAT is how you get to the hall of fame

So, what happens first: Britain gets a new monarch or MLB finally solves the A's/Rays stadium issues? At this point, it would not surprise me if for some reason, the A's and Rays are still where they are in a decade.

So, what happens first: Britain gets a new monarch or MLB finally solves the A's/Rays stadium issues? At this point, it would not surprise me if for some reason, the A's and Rays are still where they are in a decade.

2 new monarchs would be the over under for me. :cwink:

The Rays should fold. Likewise the Marlins.

why the the heck the A’s are still in that dump of a Oakland stadium baffles me as well.

The Rays should fold. Likewise the Marlins.

why the the heck the A’s are still in that dump of a Oakland stadium baffles me as well.

I used to take off a Wednesday every now and then when the As were home. They played their day games on Wednesday. Back then, pre-Raiders, the stadium was pretty nice. Nothing fancy, but you had a nice view of the hills. We'd make some fried chicken and potato salad (or something like that) the night before and walk in with a spiked jug of lemonade. Show up early for BP. It was a nice way to spend a day off work. Days of yesteryear....LOL

That’s a cool memory, I do miss the days of simpler stadiums.

These days team execs go all about “enhancing the fan experience” and all that crap. I don’t give a flying flip about that, club seats, suites, bars or whatever else they want to throw at us.

I go to a stadium to see a ball game, that’s all.

That’s a cool memory, I do miss the days of simpler stadiums.

These days team execs go all about “enhancing the fan experience” and all that crap. I don’t give a flying flip about that, club seats, suites, bars or whatever else they want to throw at us.

I go to a stadium to see a ball game, that’s all.

Yeah. I used to hang out in the bleachers at Dodger Stadium. We didn't have a lot of money so I grew up not expecting a lot. The Coliseum was clean, had the necessary concessions, and had a nice view until they installed Mount Davis for football.

Don't get me wrong. If someone wants to put me in a swimming pool with a view and give me a top shelf marg and some (real) nachos (not that velveeta cheese food crap they call nachos :yuk: ), I won't complain. I'm just not spending $200 bucks for it.

The only raccoon in the world I actually like. That being said, I think a logo with a moon blowing up would be awesome.

there's a minor league team called the Trash Pandas you might enjoy :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"