The MLB Thread

Yeah. That's always been an issue with them. Even when they had some really good teams, there were always good seats available. When their team falls off, the attendance is dismal. Years ago, I used to go to a lot of their games and the stadium was nice before they converted it for football. They don't have the money some teams do so you often see things like the Olson deal to Atlanta. The Braves gave up 4 highly rated prospects to get him and their farm system is now ranked near the bottom on the league. That being said, you don't get to the playoffs because you've got some good players in AAA. The Braves were able to replace Freeman at 1st with Olson, but had to take a big hit in the minors. The A's, as usual, got fat on inexpensive, young players that they can afford and hope will develop into stars.....wash, rinse, repeat. It was probably a good deal for both teams.

They really need to get out of the Coliseum (don't know what they're calling it these days). They wanted to move down to San Jose, but the Giants blocked it. They should just relocate to a place that will support them. They have a really good organization that's run on a shoestring budget.

there was a good game today between Cleveland and the Yankees but the fans behavior at the end was atrocious. throwing drinks and trash at the Guardians' outfielders, and even hitting an umpire. ridiculous

Would major league baseball please stop having umpires call balls and strikes. It’ll be better for the hitters, better for the pitches, and better for the game. This is getting ridiculous. Batters and pitchers don’t know what a ball or a strike is. Clean it up.

Jesus Christ. Freddie Freeman is something like 14 for 16 over his last four + games. It might be even more than that, but I don’t ever recall a stretch like that They are just not getting him out. Well, that’s not entirely true he’s made an out twice over about the last week

Am I the only one who thinks they should have an MLB equivalent of cyclops and take calling balls and strikes out of the hands of the home plate umpire? It would be a lot more fair to the pitchers and the hitters. They clearly aren't up to doing that part of their job.

I think I'm gonna start pulling for teams who I want to see lose there good players so my teams do better. The O's trade Trey Mancini, Boston traded Christian Vazquez and most likely the Nationals are going to trade Juan Soto. I don't know how valuable Mancini and Vazquez were to the O's and Boston as players but man I hate seeing them go. But at least they're going to the Astros who are my favorite team so I guess that's good. I also know that the Nats aren't just unloading Soto to "rebuild". But man after last years trade with LA Soto was the guy were you said well at least we got Soto to build around and now it's like who do we have left. Oh well maybe Soto can be traded to the Astros also so I can celebrate him being traded lol.

I gotta be honest I don't want to see the go to robot or computer umps. But at the same time there doesn't seem to be any accountability system for umps who constantly make bad calls. I think if you fall under a certain percentage of correct calls there should be some training or something to help them improve. There has to be some type of training that umps can do in 2022 that can help them improve the balls and strikes calls. At the end of the day I get close calls but it's the calls were your left wondering how did they get that call wrong that is the issue.

I think I could be a Padres fan if they just sold those awesome camo jerseys lol. I know you can get the digital desert but I want the digital green or 3 color desert camo jersey. I've never been much of a Padres fan but it's better than him going to the Yankees.

Soto to San Diego
The problem the Padres have is that they’re still probably not as good as the Dodgers and their farm system is now decimated. They didn’t have as good of a team for a farm system. I have nothing against them at all, but that’s pretty much how I see it.

As far as baseball goes, there’s two records that will never, ever be broken. The second is Cy Young’s 511 wins. The first one is Vin Scully being a major-league baseball announcer for 67 years. We miss you in Los Angeles Vinny.

I give SD credit for trying to compete instead of just accepting the status quo

Lets hope we get a Dodgers vs Yankees WS. MLB would love that
Lets stop this small market BS out of here. Lol

I give SD credit for trying to compete instead of just accepting the status quo

Lets hope we get a Dodgers vs Yankees WS. MLB would love that
Lets stop this small market BS out of here. Lol
:funny:

Yeah. A Dodger Yankees World Series would mean a lot of money for MLB.

Angels may be up for sale soon

That organization is a mess. They need people in there who understands how to run an organization from top to bottom and doesn't make knee jerk reaction decisions.

I never thought the Guardians would be 1 game away from the ALCS lol!

Yanks v Astros AL still need to work it out.
Phillies already NL Champs!:wow: SD had a great run.
Harper on fire mvp.
Next up WS

Last edited:
Yanks v Astros AL still need to work it out.
Phillies already NL Champs!:wow: SD had a great run.
Harper on fire mvp.
Next up WS
I’ve definitely been rooting for Philadelphia as I tend towards the underdogs. I really, really don’t want Houston to win it all. After what they pulled, I don’t think they deserve it for at least a couple of decades. Hell, I’m even rooting for New York to beat them. :funny:

Philly is on fire with the Phillies and Eagles this year

I'm an angel fan! It is head-scratching that Thor implied that this organization is not interested in winning when ownership has thrown money at King Albert, Anthony Rendon, Shohei Ohtani, Josh Hamilton, Vladimir Guerrero, and Arte Moreno gave the best in the game! Mike Trout has a record contract! We have the Astros in the division. And before that Texas rangers went back-to-back in the world series, Oakland Athletics had been a contender, and the mariners made the playoffs for the first time in forever. So I don't completely understand what he is getting at the Philadelphia team he was part of and ended a playoff drought this year. The dodgers can have him. I will laugh when our bats take him deep in the freeway series! I can see why he bounces from team to team. He doesn't seem like a nice guy wearing out his welcome everywhere he plays.

Angels News: Noah Syndergaard Had Nothing to Say About His Time With Halos - Los Angeles Angels

I'm an angel fan! It is head-scratching that Thor implied that this organization is not interested in winning when ownership has thrown money at King Albert, Anthony Rendon, Shohei Ohtani, Josh Hamilton, Vladimir Guerrero, and Arte Moreno gave the best in the game! Mike Trout has a record contract! We have the Astros in the division. And before that Texas rangers went back-to-back in the world series, Oakland Athletics had been a contender, and the mariners made the playoffs for the first time in forever. So I don't completely understand what he is getting at the Philadelphia team he was part of and ended a playoff drought this year. The dodgers can have him. I will laugh when our bats take him deep in the freeway series! I can see why he bounces from team to team. He doesn't seem like a nice guy wearing out his welcome everywhere he plays.

Angels News: Noah Syndergaard Had Nothing to Say About His Time With Halos - Los Angeles Angels
It's true that they have spent a lot of money; some of it not so well, but that can be said of a lot of teams. The bottom line is that the Angels are a mess right now as an organization. Hopefully the new ownership makes some good moves. Firing their manager was one of the dumbest moves I've seen in awhile. Sure, the team was in a horrific losing streak, but Maddon was NOT the problem; as was shown by the rest of their season. He is an outstanding manager.

It's true that they have spent a lot of money; some of it not so well, but that can be said of a lot of teams. The bottom line is that the Angels are a mess right now as an organization. Hopefully the new ownership makes some good moves. Firing their manager was one of the dumbest moves I've seen in awhile. Sure, the team was in a horrific losing streak, but Maddon was NOT the problem; as was shown by the rest of their season. He is an outstanding manager.

I believe they went out and signed up some players, so Shohei Ohtani doesn't walk into free agency and go to the Mets or Dodgers if this team stays healthy and stops collapsing in the ninth! I think we have a chance to do something special! But if we don't, I'm going to start believing this team got cursed many people have brought up over the years. We have had some great players sign here, and they, unfortunately, died prematurely, and some free agents sign here and get hurt or not play as great as they had the year before. It's mind-boggling. Joe wasn't the problem. He is terrific, a Hall of Famer, in my opinion!

Congratulations to Scott Rolen, 2023 Hall Of Fame inductee.

ee703594-c79d-4042-be40-88975474b4b8_1920x1080.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"