The NEW Justice League Casting and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Hal, since they're setting him up in Campbell's film. It would have a greater significance.

Yea it will be nice if they keep ryan's hal for a jl film if they got one going for real this time in a few years. But since we know things are still no go for jl, superman we dont know where that is going, or even if they will make that deadline, then we got ww, flash, aquaman, mm to still worry about.

I'm not going to bother with Superman and Batman, but here are the rest...

Alexa Davalos as Wonder Woman

davdsf.jpg

Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan

035ryanreynolds.jpg

Dustin Milligan as Wally West

mv5bmtu1mzewnzc2nv5bml5.jpg

Michael Fassbender as Aquaman

gq5q.jpg

Lance Reddick as Martian Manhunter

fringereddick.jpg

Will Arnett as Plastic Man

willarnettl.jpg

Simon Baker as Green Arrow

simonth204226150gw5.jpg

Yvonne Strahovski as Black Canary

yvonnestrahovski.jpg

Idris Elba as Steel

idrs.jpg

Olga Kurylenko as Hawkgirl

olgacenturioni.jpg

I like Reddick as MM. Never heard that.

I'm not going to bother with Superman and Batman, but here are the rest...

Alexa Davalos as Wonder Woman

davdsf.jpg

Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan

035ryanreynolds.jpg

Dustin Milligan as Wally West

mv5bmtu1mzewnzc2nv5bml5.jpg

Michael Fassbender as Aquaman

gq5q.jpg

Lance Reddick as Martian Manhunter

fringereddick.jpg

Will Arnett as Plastic Man

willarnettl.jpg

Simon Baker as Green Arrow

simonth204226150gw5.jpg

Yvonne Strahovski as Black Canary

yvonnestrahovski.jpg

Idris Elba as Steel

idrs.jpg

Olga Kurylenko as Hawkgirl

olgacenturioni.jpg

I like.

Yeah it's overall good. That's a new name for Plastic Man.

The only one's I'm iffy on are WW and Flash; though with Flash it's mainly because it seems more likely we're getting Barry Allen.

^^ It should be Barry. Especially if they're doing Hal.

Thats what i been saying to about flash, if flash is indeed the next to come after gl is released and going with hal their it would be nice to start off with barry for flash, instead of starting in the middle with wally, or merging the two togther, or what not. But i said it bfore with flash and gl too its hard to pick which guy on the mask/power has the right to be used in any future motion picture plans.

Thats what i been saying to about flash, if flash is indeed the next to come after gl is released and going with hal their it would be nice to start off with barry for flash, instead of starting in the middle with wally, or merging the two togther, or what not. But i said it bfore with flash and gl too its hard to pick which guy on the mask/power has the right to be used in any future motion picture plans.

The films will be independent of each other no matter how possible a crossover may seem, and the films are also independent of their source material no matter how much or little they influence each other. One does not beget the other.

I know the films are separate and all that and probably will stay that why with all the issues wb/dc comics have getting things going and all that. I was just saying with characters were it has been multiple guys in the suits/powers which character devereses to be used first over another one, and then the whole fan thing too fans liking one over the other, etc....... Its different for bats/supes/spider-man to a degree since pretty much in their whole history of being characters it has always been 1 guy under the mask/etc... besides for some crazy reasons/clones and all that.

Im saying is it wont be Barry because its Hal. It's going to be Barry because everyone involved can't see past the mundane and think they are responsible for holding the general audiences hand and walking them through step by step the history of these characters, these specific types of characters. The idea is ridiculous.

Susan Ward is too short to play Wonder Woman.

i guess so man but we cant do anything about it really if they want to start with barry they will start with barry. I do hope what they do they will do justice to the characters. We need to see these characters adapted more faithfully/seriously and not be taken as a joke, or make changes to said character for no reason/ or worst yet merge characters.

i guess so man but we cant do anything about it really if they want to start with barry they will start with barry. I do hope what they do they will do justice to the characters. We need to see these characters adapted more faithfully/seriously and not be taken as a joke, or make changes to said character for no reason/ or worst yet merge characters.

Which I am 100% positive we will get.

Geoff Johns wrote the treatment, so I'm sure it's a Barry Allen love fest.

This list is purely fantasy territory. Based on a rough idea i had for a JLA movie years ago. As you can see, I want my JLA to be set in the current DC continuity with actors who are all in their 30's/early 40's. Based more on Alex Ross' stuff...

Superman-Josh Brolin
Batman-Jon Hamm
Wonder Woman-Rena Sofer
Martian Manhunter-Javier Bardem
The Green Lantern/ Jon Stewart-Idris Elba
The Flash-James Roday
Aquaman-Aaron Eckhart

Yea i wouldnt be surprised if barry/wally elments were merged together and we get a barry with wally elements, or a wally with barry elements. Though i said it before i rather each character be separate and take seriously and both used either with barry first, then wally takes over or if they did wally but show that barry was a hero too. Though i said it before i like to start off with barry, but hopfully they can make a good story for what ever they will do.

But like lobo said with johns being a producer on the project if it can get off the ground i hope, and if most of his treatment is used in the final draft of the script it could be barry since he is a barry fan, but its all about who wb decides on.

Last edited:
Brandon Routh - Superman

Henry Cavill - Batman

Taylor Cole - Wonder Woman

Carl Lumbly - Martian Manhunter

Ryan Reynolds - Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

Matthew Fox - Barry Allen/The Flash

Chris Evans - Wally West/The Flash

Daniel Craig - Aquaman

Josh Holloway - Green Arrow

Yvonne Strahovsky - Black Canary

Jeremy Renner - Guy Gardner