• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The NEW Justice League Casting and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geoff Johns wrote the treatment, so I'm sure it's a Barry Allen love fest.

You underestimate studio stubbornness. If DC was in control than yes they would let Geoff stroke the **** out of Barry's ego, but its WB and they are going to look at the market and most of his other appearances have been some kind of mix with varying ratios.

i said it before i would be happy if both barry/wally are used in the film either have barry be flash in film with wally their in a supporting role, or like others have said some how spilt the film up as barry/wally. Hopefully we will get to see the characters both done to justice.

You underestimate studio stubbornness. If DC was in control than yes they would let Geoff stroke the **** out of Barry's ego, but its WB and they are going to look at the market and most of his other appearances have been some kind of mix with varying ratios.

Even with the mixed personalities, the name will be Barry Allen, bank on it.

Even with the mixed personalities, the name will be Barry Allen, bank on it.

And? Whats your point? Whether they name him, Barry, Wally, Jay, or Max Mercury, it'll still be a combo of Barry and Wally.

well lets all just hope they dont do that, and we will get to see barry with all his traits on screen, and wally with all his traits on screen too.

I didn't like any of the choices given me, so I chose "Other". I would choose Superman, Batman, The Flash (Walley West), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Hawkman and/or Hawkgirl.

As for who should play them? I've some ideas, but I'll have to think on that a little bit. I know what actors I want for what roles, but can't think of their names off the top of my head right now.

Last edited:
kind of a big roster but.....

Superman- Scott Elrod (for now, because he isnt Cavill or ROuth)
Batman- Christian Bale
Wonder Woman- Charlize Theron
Aquaman- Daniel Craig

Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds
Green Lantern- John Stewart
Green Arrow- Denis Leary
Black Canary- Diane Kruger

Flash- Chris Evans (either Barry or Wally)
Zatana- Morena Baccarin
Martian Manhunter- Lance Reddick
The Atom/Ray Palmer- Noah Wyle

Blue Beetle/Ted Kord- John Krasinski
Booster Gold- Ryan McPartlin
Steel- Michael Jace
Captain Marvel- Nathan Fillion

Plastic Man- Tom Cavanaugh
Firestorm- Larenz Tate
The Question- Jeffrey Donovan
Snapper Carr- Emile Hirsch

Last edited:
Good list cereal I was just thinking about Charlize for WW.
10dzlnt.jpg

nice list and great to see a another name for supes.

Batman: Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Superman: Jared Padelecki

Green Lantern: Jensen Ackles

Flash (Wally West): Josh Hartnet

Wonder Woman: Cobie Smulders

Hawk Girl: Scarlett Johansen

Green Arrow: Denis Leary

Hawk Man: Josh Duhamel

Martian Manhunter: Lawrence Fishburne

Last edited:
Except for Leary, I really dislike that list.

I could see JDM play Ennis' version of Batman, but not Batman in general

Superman - Brandon Routh

Batman - Henry Cavill

Wonder Woman - Taylor Cole

Green Lantern - Ryan Reynolds

Wally West - Chris Evans

Martian Manhunter - Carl Lumbly

Barry Allen - Matthew Fox

Green Arrow - Josh Holloway

Black Canary - Yvonne Strahovsky

Aquaman - Daniel Craig

kind of a big roster but.....

Superman- Scott Elrod (for now, because he isnt Cavill or ROuth)
Batman- Christian Bale
Wonder Woman- Charlize Theron
Aquaman- Daniel Craig

Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds
Green Lantern- John Stewart
Green Arrow- Denis Leary
Black Canary- Diane Kruger

Flash- Chris Evans (either Barry or Wally)
Zatana- Morena Baccarin
Martian Manhunter- Lance Reddick
The Atom/Ray Palmer- Noah Wyle

Blue Beetle/Ted Kord- John Krasinski
Booster Gold- Ryan McPartlin
Steel- Michael Jace
Captain Marvel- Nathan Fillion

Plastic Man- Tom Cavanaugh
Firestorm- Larenz Tate
The Question- Jeffrey Donovan
Snapper Carr- Emile Hirsch

Figured it could use some visuals
jlav.jpg

Most of the choices are good save for Craig as Aquaman, Jace as Steel

Daniel Craig would make an amazing Aquaman. He's got these borderline creepy blue eyes that seem almost otherworldly. I think he looks an awful lot like the waterbearer era Orin. He's a got a great stoic screen presence and confident charisma of a strong willed character, like a king or lone protector of a small exotic population, and excels at the passive sarcasm like the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoon incarnation (albeit used sparringly)

Not a fan of the Craig choice either and I'm a pre-Bond fan. Just doesn't seem like a natural fit to me I guess.

Early into the JL:Mortal casting there was an Andy Whitfield as Batman rumor going around because of his Aussie background. Come January once Spartacus: Blood and Sand airs and more people get to see him I'm sure he'll become pretty popular. He has the brooding action hero type down pat, maybe he'd do Aquaman justice.

Superman/Clark Kent - Brandon Routh.
Batman/Bruce Wayne - Christian Bale.
Wonder-Woman/Diana - Mary-Elizabeth Winstead.
Flash/Barry Allen - Scott Porter.
Green Lantern/Hal Jordan - Ryan Reynolds.
Arthur Curry/Aquaman - Michael Fassbender.
Martian Manhunter/John Jones - Blair Underwood.

In terms of the roster, I would like to see Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal), and Green Arrow. I think using barry being a forensic scientist and all could bring an interesting dynamic between him and batman.

Superman/Clark Kent - Brandon Routh.
Batman/Bruce Wayne - Christian Bale.
Wonder-Woman/Diana - Mary-Elizabeth Winstead.
Flash/Barry Allen - Scott Porter.
Green Lantern/Hal Jordan - Ryan Reynolds.
Arthur Curry/Aquaman - Michael Fassbender.
Martian Manhunter/John Jones - Blair Underwood.

That's good. :yay:

Not a fan of the Craig choice either and I'm a pre-Bond fan. Just doesn't seem like a natural fit to me I guess.

Early into the JL:Mortal casting there was an Andy Whitfield as Batman rumor going around because of his Aussie background. Come January once Spartacus: Blood and Sand airs and more people get to see him I'm sure he'll become pretty popular. He has the brooding action hero type down pat, maybe he'd do Aquaman justice.

I don't like Craig as Aquaman, either. He'd be an awesome Deathstroke. :woot:

Andy Whitfield was great in 'Gabriel'. He'd be an excellent Aquaman. Michael Fassbender's still my favourite, though. :yay:

Once I figure out who i want as Ray Palmer, I'll post my new League (this League is if there's No Routh and Bale)

Okay here's my cast if we get no Routh or Bale, this of course would not be for one movie, but if Justice League became a franchise with multiple sequels. These are the actors and characters I'd want to appear

dwzbc4.jpg

Top Row:

Superman-Jared Padalecki (every time I watch Supernatural I cant help but think what a great Superman he'd be IMO)

Batman-Mathew Fox (see Speed Racer)

Wonder Woman-Julia Voth

GL Hal-Ryan Reynolds

Flash (Barry)-Scott Porter

Aquaman-Travis Van Winkle

Middle Row:

Martian Manhunter-Harry Lennix

Green Arrow-Bradley Cooper

Black Canary-Sienna Miller

GL John-Erik King

Zatanna-Jennifer Love Hewitt (she wants an action role and Zee is a character who could actually benefit from JLH's star power IMO, and she looks great in fishnets.)

Shayara Hol/Hawkgirl-Erin Cummings

Bottom Row:

Black Lightning-Taye Diggs

Power Girl-Katee Sackhoff

Vixen-Rosario Dawson

Plastic Man-Seth Meyers

Steel-Henry Simmons

The Atom (Ray)-Casey Affleck

It was suggested once before, and it's still my favorite casting pick: The Wilson brothers (Owen and Luke) for Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.

Okay here's my cast if we get no Routh or Bale, this of course would not be for one movie, but if Justice League became a franchise with multiple sequels. These are the actors and characters I'd want to appear

Top Row:

Superman-Jared Padalecki (every time I watch Supernatural I cant help but think what a great Superman he'd be IMO)

Batman-Mathew Fox (see Speed Racer)

Wonder Woman-Julia Voth

GL Hal-Ryan Reynolds

Flash (Barry)-Scott Porter

Aquaman-Travis Van Winkle

Middle Row:

Martian Manhunter-Harry Lennix

Green Arrow-Bradley Cooper

Black Canary-Sienna Miller

GL John-Erik King

Zatanna-Jennifer Love Hewitt (she wants an action role and Zee is a character who could actually benefit from JLH's star power IMO, and she looks great in fishnets.)

Shayara Hol/Hawkgirl-Erin Cummings

Bottom Row:

Black Lightning-Taye Diggs

Power Girl-Katee Sackhoff

Vixen-Rosario Dawson

Plastic Man-Seth Meyers

Steel-Henry Simmons

The Atom (Ray)-Casey Affleck

These are all great except for Jared Padalecki as the Big Blue. He doesn't resemble Superman at all facially (except for maybe the chin).

landsuperman2.jpg

4_jared_padalecki.jpg
supernaturaljaredpadale.jpg

What happened to Bridget Regan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"