World The Next Star Wars Movie After Rise Of Skywalker Will Be By Game Of Thrones Showrunners

Oh jesus, seriously? You know you were getting all uppity and holier than thou about it. Yes, telling him he's wrong, with your so-called proof of RT, and then getting all melodramatic about how he's what's wrong with SW fandom, is a way of trying to shut someone up. You're trying to make an objective claim, to something that is clearly subjective in nature, while emphasizing how much better you are about it. That is a cheap move!

I had 0 desire to shut anyone up, nor would I expect to. I wanted to make the point that if you want to use a one-word argument to quickly put someone down, then it's just as easy use RT statistics to counter that. Both are easy to do. That's all. I'm not someone who swears by RT as the almighty, objective barometer of quality. Far from it. But it is objective that he has made enough well-reviewed and received stuff that "hack" is probably stretching it as something that can just be floated out there without any expectation of pushback, even if that's your opinion- which hey, of course, you're entitled to.

Btw I don't think Green Day is literally what's wrong with fandom, and if it came off that way, then my apologies to him. What he said is downright quaint compared to the outrageous crap that gets spewed daily on social media and Reddit, but yeah-I do think jumping straight to hyperbole and extremes is kind of common thread these days in fandom. It does trigger me sometimes, I admit it. I find it frustrating. I used the opportunity to get that off my chest. He also just liked my last post so...I guess he and I are fine. I don't think he needs you to be his lawyer. :hehe:

Oh, I'm not trying to help him out or "be his lawyer", I'm just calling out your ridiculous "this is what's destroying the SW fandom". Yeah, some subjective hyperbole is what's destroying the fandom. Good job. :up:

:hehe:

I still hope that there will pop-up some more detiles and explanations and am curious if new makers won't fail the brand new film. I was upset when old canon was declared unactual. Still am. But Rebel gave me a hope, really.

So how does this process work? They hire these big name writer/directors (of the moment) and make a big announcement about it and then after that ask them to come up with a story treatment? Then Kathleen Kennedy says, "Hmmm...I'm sorry but I'm not really feeling that" and then fires them or frustrates them until they quit?

So how does this process work? They hire these big name writer/directors (of the moment) and make a big announcement about it and then after that ask them to come up with a story treatment? Then Kathleen Kennedy says, "Hmmm...I'm sorry but I'm not really feeling that" and then fires them or frustrates them until they quit?
Depends. Directors will approach a studio or executive with a pitch and maybe an outline. Then negotiations. Then contract. Tho sometimes a studio will make the first move and approach a director or writer. Theres no single way to get the ball rolling.

Rumor is they were fired because Disney believed their Netflix deal would take up to much of their time, and Netflix didnt like the idea of them having to wait 4 years before they could begin producing content for Netflix. There is also the issue of Netflox being a direct competitor with Disney+.

If D&D had any sense and were good directors and writers they wouldnt have signed that deal with Netflix. They would have directed this trilogy and then probably would have been offered a Disney+ project. But they arent good writers or directors and dont have any sense so Netflix's $200 million deal was too good to pass up and it cost them star wars. If they hadn't taken the Netflix deal they probably would have been able to direct more than one star wars film because that one film probably would have been a financial and critical flop.

Theres also rumors that Disney wasnt liking D&D's ideas for the new trilogy. Which isnt hard to believe after GOT Season 8. D&D's behavior lately has been egotistical and generally incompetent.

Theres also rumors that Disney wasnt liking D&D's ideas for the new trilogy. Which isnt hard to believe after GOT Season 8. D&D's behavior lately has been egotistical and generally incompetent.

It just seems like Disney and Kennedy hire this big name that they announce to everyone then the contention about the story development happens after that. They seem most concerned about getting a big name before full development of the story. They should get the story right and in agreement first even with names that aren't so big and then announce who they've chosen.

Depends. Directors will approach a studio or executive with a pitch and maybe an outline. Then negotiations. Then contract. Tho sometimes a studio will make the first move and approach a director or writer. Theres no single way to get the ball rolling.

Rumor is they were fired because Disney believed their Netflix deal would take up to much of their time, and Netflix didnt like the idea of them having to wait 4 years before they could begin producing content for Netflix. There is also the issue of Netflox being a direct competitor with Disney+.

If D&D had any sense and were good directors and writers they wouldnt have signed that deal with Netflix. They would have directed this trilogy and then probably would have been offered a Disney+ project. But they arent good writers or directors and dont have any sense so Netflix's $200 million deal was too good to pass up and it cost them star wars. If they hadn't taken the Netflix deal they probably would have been able to direct more than one star wars film because that one film probably would have been a financial and critical flop.

Why is it smarter for them to do this instead of moving forward with a nine figure Netflix deal?

It just seems like Disney and Kennedy hire this big name that they announce to everyone then the contention about the story development happens after that. They seem most concerned about getting a big name before full development of the story. They should get the story right and in agreement first even with names that aren't so big and then announce who they've chosen.

I agree. Wait until the ink dries and they have a story that's ready to shoot and everyone's happy with. Then make an announcement.

I have read only some of the EU, but I don't feel the new movies have captured the larger universe that you see in the books, comics, games, even the TV shows. Just those obscure characters or locations. Even familiar locations like Coruscant (esp. the underworld). There's a certain feel you get in those stories, of a lot going on. Breaking away from ties to the Skywalker saga will certainly help.

Is there going to be another standalone movie before the next trilogy? Do we know that much about their plans yet?

Really hope they start to explore the deeper stuff, like Willi said above. There's so much they can do.

I wonder if the new trilogy will be centered around Rey and a whole bunch of new characters

Really curious what they'll announce in Jan.

Add me to the chorus of people hoping to see Old Republic. All those Sith statues in TROS just got me really jonesing to see the ancient Jedi/Sith war on the big screen.

Whatever it is, I do hope it's a different time period than we've seen, that's just wide open for world-building.

I really want to see the Jedi Order alive again (past or future) so that there are many of them, many stories to tell, rather than just focusing on one or two of them.

I really want an Old Republic trilogy focused on Darth Bane or Revan and the war between Jedi/Siths before Siths eventually went extinct until Phantom Menace.

The Old Republic videogames along with Bane and Revnan are canon again, so perhaps there's a chance

I really want an Old Republic trilogy focused on Darth Bane or Revan and the war between Jedi/Siths before Siths eventually went extinct until Phantom Menace.

The Old Republic videogames along with Bane and Revnan are canon again, so perhaps there's a chance

Yup, either that or go forward without having the past hold you back.
Let us go with Rey on adventures, let her seek...do some world building and so on.

I dont want more movies during the time of the empire or shortly after, either go way back or forward, but let the time with vader and palpatine be over.

I could see Revans story be a 6+ movie series, beginning from his very start to his "fall" all the way to his redemption and rise to one of the greatest Jedi that existed.

I agree with you..except about Rey! If going forward then I would prefer a major time jump like 50-100 years with all new characters. Rey can be referenced as legendary and have a statue

I still really want an Old Republic film/trilogy but seeing parts of the galaxy so many years post ROS would be very interesting and tons of potential

This was Taika’s response when he was asked if he would want to take on a Star Wars film a few years ago.

Working on the Mandalorian and even Thor probably gave him the star wars/scifi bug.

But I dont trust Kathy to let him finish his film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"