Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the show needs those scenes because the book has a ton of internal dialogue of Point of View characters. And don't worry about Sandor and Sansa, they will have their moments the show creators have stated as much.

O.K... Here is a question - Why did we need Jamie's scene outside of Robert Badroom? What about Sam and Jon long scene talking about Jon's virginity with Sir Alliser Thorne joining in later with his Monologue? Why did the Hand tournament scene was so short? Where is Loras? etc.

They seem to be following the True Blood pattern: solid (but stronger than True Blood's first season ratings I believe) and rising. And season 2 is already confirmed, in case you weren't aware. :up:

That is good news. I hate investing in shows to later find out they're being canned.

I am enjoying the show a lot. But the latest episode (to a lesser extent the one before that too) is too heavy on the "sit and tell stories" exposition.

I'd really like to see some flashbacks incorporated showing some of this stuff. Like the Mountain burning the Hound's face, or the rebellion against the Mad King. How cool would it be to see Robert take on Rhaegar on the field, smashing him with his Warhammer?

TV is a different medium than the books, take advantage of it!

Loving the show so far. If I were more into reading I would totally go out and buy the books. Maybe I will sometime in the near future.

I am enjoying the show a lot. But the latest episode (to a lesser extent the one before that too) is too heavy on the "sit and tell stories" exposition.

I'd really like to see some flashbacks incorporated showing some of this stuff. Like the Mountain burning the Hound's face, or the rebellion against the Mad King. How cool would it be to see Robert take on Rhaegar on the field, smashing him with his Warhammer?

TV is a different medium than the books, take advantage of it!

I really like your suggestions about seeing flashbacks of Robert and the Mountain burning his brother's face. That would have been great to see. Especially Robert in action.

Good points, but a lot of those flashbacks happen during the great war which would be expensive to stage, or with the mad king Targarian which would require more casting. It will all come up eventually though, a lot of those things are revisited in fuller forms.

Tell me how ****ing awesome was that episode?

Pretty ****ing awesome.

Hope we see more of the Eyrie, though. It was my favorite location as described in the book (so far), and I want to see more of it!

O.K... Here is a question - Why did we need Jamie's scene outside of Robert Badroom?

it's a good way to show Jamies motivations as a character, to the audience watching

What about Sam and Jon long scene talking about Jon's virginity with Sir Alliser Thorne joining in later with his Monologue?

thats similar to two scenes in the first book between Jon and Sam and a later scene with Thorne

Why did the Hand tournament scene was so short? Where is Loras? etc.

they showed Ser Hugh getting killed, and Littlefinger talking with Sansa....probably the two most important bits in that scene

IMHO second best ep so far, first being the pilot.

Pretty ****ing awesome.

Hope we see more of the Eyrie, though. It was my favorite location as described in the book (so far), and I want to see more of it!

looks like a pain in the ass to get to that castle lol

IMHO second best ep so far, first being the pilot.

both are close, but to me episode 5 was just magical...

I keep hearing episode 6 is going to be amazing...Also episode 7 will probably blow everyone's minds i bet :wow:...(per HBO's ad)

Great episode!! who was the idiot who ham stringed Stark? Really hating Jamie Lannister but love the way he's being played so far

i dont remember this from the book...

was the shaving and renly bj scene written in the book

just a bit too much to see, but i dont remember

Yeah that was freaking me out for a moment. That wasn't the only scene that wasn't in the book as Cersei and Robert's conversation, which was fantastic by the way, was also whipped up for the show.

Yeah that was freaking me out for a moment. That wasn't the only scene that wasn't in the book as Cersei and Robert's conversation, which was fantastic by the way, was also whipped up for the show.

Looked it up...It was written many times indirectly by GRRM, but not that particular scene...It seems as if this was something he would added to the books.

both are close, but to me episode 5 was just magical...

I keep hearing episode 6 is going to be amazing...Also episode 7 will probably blow everyone's minds i bet :wow:...(per HBO's ad)

I just hope those stupid ads don't give away too much. I find that movie trailers and "here's what's happening next week" peeks usually give up the surprise factor.

Because i read the books in my language which isn't english. Understood?

What i don't like about the show?
Mostly the Added scenes for the show, which has no contribution to the story itself IMO and only god knows why they put it there on the expense of other scenes from the books. and a lot of the changes they made in the show... The wolves we barely see, all of Bran backround story with the 3 eyes crow, The... disappearance of Sandor Clegane story and a lot more.
And with all do respect there are too many dialogue in the show with almost no break for other things and it's just... onerous.

yet suddenly, you are able to communicate?

yet suddenly, you are able to communicate?

He speaks better in his second language than you do in your first.

This latest episode stepped it up big time. The scene between Robert and Cersei was absolutely amazing.. and it wasn't even from the book? Keep up the good work, show. The opening "ambush" was a little shaky, but that final scene was expertly handled. Great stuff.

O.K... Here is a question - Why did we need Jamie's scene outside of Robert Badroom? What about Sam and Jon long scene talking about Jon's virginity with Sir Alliser Thorne joining in later with his Monologue? Why did the Hand tournament scene was so short? Where is Loras? etc.

The Jamie/Jory scene did multiple things 1. Established Roberts not giving a darn attitude toward Jaime. 2. Established some tension between Jory and Jaime which we see pay off at the end of episode 5 (espescially the eye scar comment) and 3. It helps set up [BLACKOUT]The Greyjoys for next season[/BLACKOUT].

All that conversation between Sam and Jon was internal stuff from Jon's POV. That's about as well as it could be handled.

And the tourney continued as you probably know.

I hope you come around on the show.

i dont remember this from the book...

was the shaving and renly bj scene written in the book

just a bit too much to see, but i dont remember

Hmmm, if it wasn't in the books why add such a scene?

closing this before TM comes out, make a new one people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"