Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arya is very awesome, and the best female character in the series so far. Will they show her growing up into a teenager in the books, or will she remain a little girl?

If you like her now, you'll only like her more as it goes along. As to how far into her teens this goes, the storyline so far can be estimated at just under 4 years at this point, the first book itself representing almost a whole year itself ... heck, at this point in we are about 4-5 months in.

If you like her now, you'll only like her more as it goes along. As to how far into her teens this goes, the storyline so far can be estimated at just under 4 years at this point, the first book itself representing almost a whole year itself ... heck, at this point in we are about 4-5 months in.

That's great to hear. Quite frankly, I have all these books and I want to tear through them right away, but I just don't have alot of time, so I'm reading them very slowly. I really want to read all four books so I can start discussing about the upcoming events with you guys.

Yeah the last episode alone would have taken about 4-6 weeks in the timeline. The people who just watch the show should check out where the inn at the cross roads is on the online guide map and see just how far Tyrion traveled in that episode.

Next episode looks to be awesome and Tyrion is an awesome character but Lady Snow just opened a huge can of whoop ass and worms for Ned. Next week is gonna be awesome.

Next episode looks to be awesome and Tyrion is an awesome character but Lady Snow just opened a huge can of whoop ass and worms for Ned. Next week is gonna be awesome.

All I can say is hang on for the ride because it gets more intense with each episode from here on out.

Thank you for not being a spoiler in anyway. I'm stoked.

In the novel it is said that Ned Stark is 35 years ago, but in the HBO series both Ned and Kat are much older, do you think it was a good decision to cast them much older in the series? I think Sean Bean is perfect as Ned but perhaps they could've cast Kat a little bit younger.

Everyone is aged up for the series. People become adults when in their teens, just like in the real middle ages. Sansa and Joffrey are on their way to getting married and their ages escape me at the moment but I know the two are 14 or less. Jon is 16, his brother is 15, but not so in the show. They do maintain that Ned, Robert and Jaimie were knights (or in the case of Jamie a Knight Of The Kingsguard) a decade ago which would put them in their 20's, but in the books they were much younger, Robert the eldest being 18.

In the novel it is said that Ned Stark is 35 years ago, but in the HBO series both Ned and Kat are much older, do you think it was a good decision to cast them much older in the series? I think Sean Bean is perfect as Ned but perhaps they could've cast Kat a little bit younger.

It pretty much had to be done. Given the subject matter and the practicalities of making a TV show. Not a big deal IMO. Although there are some things that come into play, [BLACKOUT]especially concerning Sansa[/BLACKOUT], down the line that need to be creatively addressed.

35 in medieval times is much different than 35 in our times, as already pointed out. The aging up is going to help in the long run. Not every detail will be perfect, Tyrion's appearance for instance is completely different than what he's described as in the books. He's supposed to have long flowing white locks with one green and one black eye or some crazy ****.

But yes, Caet looks a lot older than most. Then again, they live in a place where the summers are midly cold at best and the winters are endless nights of freezing winds, so they're gonna look pretty haggard after a handful of years.

35 in medieval times is much different than 35 in our times, as already pointed out. The aging up is going to help in the long run. Not every detail will be perfect, Tyrion's appearance for instance is completely different than what he's described as in the books. He's supposed to have long flowing white locks with one green and one black eye or some crazy ****.

But yes, Caet looks a lot older than most. Then again, they live in a place where the summers are midly cold at best and the winters are endless nights of freezing winds, so they're gonna look pretty haggard after a handful of years.

I guess you may be right, but while I can (somewhat) picture Ned Stark from the novel as Sean Bean, it's much harder to do likewise with Kat. I guess I'll have to not always picture the actors from the HBO show as the characters while I'm reading the novel.

That's what everyone has been saying, Kat's the bad casting. But you really shouldnt be picturing the TV people because though Kat is way different, there others with enough differences that it would throw you. Someone already pointed out Tyrion lacking his long blond Lannister mane. Drogo looks a lot different (where are the bells?), Jamie's not nearly as tall or handsome (he's like prince charming!).

With the exception of the characters not introduced in the show, I pretty much imagine all of them as the HBO actors.

Especially Tyrion. I read everything in Peter Dinklege's voice.

wondering about some characters down the line....the Onion Knight, Beric Dondarrion, Stannis Baratheon

This show makes me go...

Aww_Yeah_meme_Meme_Faces-s250x196-156976-580.png

Oh I can't replace the characters in my head (as described) with the TV actors. Ned, Robert, Littlefinger, Jon, Aria are all close, but most are different. But that's the problem with moving imaginations to screen. Like the Clegene brothers, the Hound's face should be way gross, Two-face/Freddy on one side. While The Mountain Who Rides was big, but not nearly as big ... but then we don't have giants anymore.

But at least when the direwolves grow up I think they will replace them with CG so they will be as impressive as they should.

I love the actor who plays Jamie....being pretty is one thing, doing smug and doing it well is another all together

as for The Hound, thats pretty close to what I pictured....maybe a litte more disfigured, but not by much

If you think it's a good amount of burn on his face then that's cool.
I am reminded of the scene where he got in Sansa's face and wanted her to kiss him. Or towards the end when he's on the roadside. Some pretty good descriptions of his face then.

Finally finished ep 4, and after I watched the preview for ep 5 I was like :wow:. I can't believe the s**t has hit the fan already. Makes me want to read the novel from cover to cover right away.

Last edited:
I had no knowledge of this show or books prior to seeing the first four eps. I am really enjoying it. The ending of episode 4 was, WOW. I started watching this at the same time as Camelot, I have since dropped that show completely, for the time being.

Is there anywhere for me to discuss the books? I have 50 pages to go in Game of Thrones, and I am dying to talk about it. I don't want to start a thread simply for myself. Maybe if some people who have read the books want to get a discussion going that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"