Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the "Books and Music" section, see if there's a thread for Game of Thrones. If you don't find one, go on and make it. I'm sure there are people that would love to talk about it.

I'm up Storm of Swords myself. Been taking a LOOOONG time to finish it...mainly because I keep getting distracted by other stuff.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere for me to discuss the books? I have 50 pages to go in Game of Thrones, and I am dying to talk about it. I don't want to start a thread simply for myself. Maybe if some people who have read the books want to get a discussion going that would be great.

come on man, take 30 seconds, think, and I think you'll be able to figure out where to look

Check the "Books and Music" section, see if there's a thread for Game of Thrones. If you don't find one, go on and make it. I'm sure there are people that would love to talk about it.

I'm up Storm of Swords myself. Been taking a LOOOONG time to finish it...mainly because I keep getting distracted by other stuff.

Read Storm of Swords ASAP...Best fantasy book I have ever read

I love the actor who plays Jamie....being pretty is one thing, doing smug and doing it well is another all together

as for The Hound, thats pretty close to what I pictured....maybe a litte more disfigured, but not by much
I pictured a lot more burnination on the Hound's face, personally. And less hair. For some reason, I imagined little patches of stubbly hair on the burned side of his face, not the slight combover he has in the show. But I'm okay with it; the Hound definitely still looks gross and believably scary as s*** to a 13-year-old girl.

But I totally agree on Jaime. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was fantastic casting. I think he's going to steal the show completely as Jaime's story progresses. They're actually already focusing on him a bit more in this season than the first book did; he was kind of a background character for the first book and we didn't get a real sense of who he is and what he's all about until later on, largely by actually reading from his perspective.

Fellas and Ladies. I started a books only thread in the books section. Feel free to post your book questions there. I think we still need to use spoiler tags for the people who haven't finished A Feast for Crows yet.

Man... I can't tell you how disapointed i am from the series.

Man... I can't tell you how disapointed i am from the series.

lol, what? Please elaborate on what has disappointed you. Are you referring to the show or the books?

I am on the opposite side to your opinion so I'm curious what you don't like about the show or books. I think the show is fantastic. I listen to the rock version of the intro at least once a day. It is so moving, I love it!

well when I started reading the books, I expected a lot more fantasy but was pleasantly surprised at how intrigue heavy it was

If you like her now, you'll only like her more as it goes along. As to how far into her teens this goes, the storyline so far can be estimated at just under 4 years at this point, the first book itself representing almost a whole year itself ... heck, at this point in we are about 4-5 months in.

So she's about 14-15 in the last book I guess?

In the novel it is said that Ned Stark is 35 years ago, but in the HBO series both Ned and Kat are much older, do you think it was a good decision to cast them much older in the series? I think Sean Bean is perfect as Ned but perhaps they could've cast Kat a little bit younger.

They messed around with everyone's ages but I think it was for the best. I mean, Jon and Robb are only supposed to be 14, and Bran was 7 with Arya and Sansa in the middle. It made more sense in the book but I think you would have been stretching audience disbelief if you were shipping 14 year olds off to the wall.

well when I started reading the books, I expected a lot more fantasy but was pleasantly surprised at how intrigue heavy it was

I could certainly use a bit more fantasy but I suspect I'll get some beasts and creatures once "winter comes".

What, dragons, direwolves, lizard-lions and the rest above the wall not enough?
How about the red witch killing people using spells and shadows. Of the dead people walking around just fine?

lol, what? Please elaborate on what has disappointed you. Are you referring to the show or the books?

I am on the opposite side to your opinion so I'm curious what you don't like about the show or books. I think the show is fantastic. I listen to the rock version of the intro at least once a day. It is so moving, I love it!

Look at his post count and what year he joined. We'll probably never see him post in here again. Probably just a little a-hole troll.

I feel like the 4th episode is where things are FINALLY starting to begin. And I love that they got Chris from Skins as Gendry, though I expected Gendry to be bigger, I cant wait to see him and Arya interact now because of the actor.

I haven't read the books yet, but I was definitely glad that I watched the "First Look" that HBO ran because there is a LOT going on and while I enjoy the show tremendously, they haven't done a fantastic job (to this point) of explaining the connection between everyone and everything.

I consider myself a rather intelligent guy but I think I'd have been a little lost to this point had I not watched that (and/or read the books).

The show. I'm disappointed from the show. The books are probably the best Fantasy series i read, but the show is really disapointing.

The show. I'm disappointed from the show. The books are probably the best Fantasy series i read, but the show is really disapointing.

how do you read books, and still not be able write in english?

I think its been pretty good...I especially like the Castle Black set, it has that forelorn look....like it was a once great place, now populated with the leftovers of society

Loved the first episode soooo much that I bought the book. I am not a quick reader and I basically got up to the 2nd episode right when it aired....and the third when it aired and the fourth when it aired. I was always reading something i had already seen... and it was still great and it made me want to watch the episodes over again and again.

I am now past episode 4 and can't wait for Sunday to see what I have read... I think I'll be done this book much quicker now that I am ahead of the show and the need to know will really take over!!

I think that changing the ages of the characters wasn't a bad idea... harder to keep really young kids (Sansa who is 11 I think) looking that young(ish) throughout. But 13-17 is much easier.

Yeah, you can get 30-year-olds to play those roles. Just ask Tom Welling. ;)

Love this past ep. This is definitely the best show on tv right now. How are the ratings?

how do you read books, and still not be able write in english?

Because i read the books in my language which isn't english. Understood?

What i don't like about the show?
Mostly the Added scenes for the show, which has no contribution to the story itself IMO and only god knows why they put it there on the expense of other scenes from the books. and a lot of the changes they made in the show... The wolves we barely see, all of Bran backround story with the 3 eyes crow, The... disappearance of Sandor Clegane story and a lot more.
And with all do respect there are too many dialogue in the show with almost no break for other things and it's just... onerous.

Because i read the books in my language which isn't english. Understood?

What i don't like about the show?
Mostly the Added scenes for the show, which has no contribution to the story itself IMO and only god knows why they put it there on the expense of other scenes from the books. and a lot of the changes they made in the show... The wolves we barely see, all of Bran backround story with the 3 eyes crow, The... disappearance of Sandor Clegane story and a lot more.
And with all do respect there are too many dialogue in the show with almost no break for other things and it's just... onerous.

I think the show needs those scenes because the book has a ton of internal dialogue of Point of View characters. And don't worry about Sandor and Sansa, they will have their moments the show creators have stated as much.

Love this past ep. This is definitely the best show on tv right now. How are the ratings?
They seem to be following the True Blood pattern: solid (but stronger than True Blood's first season ratings I believe) and rising. And season 2 is already confirmed, in case you weren't aware. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"