World The Official Beast Wars Thread

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
Predacons_bw.jpg

Maximals-bw1.jpg

bm_dvd_01.jpg

Discuss the incredible finale to Generation 1, the Beast Wars, right here on SHH. The toys, the show, the comic tie ins, and any number of things devoted to this show. Any new Beast Wars news will be posted on this thread.

I loved the Beast Wars series but hated the series after.... Ironic how Beast Machines initials are BM :oldrazz:

Liked Beast Wars. I even liked the vibe and stories of Beast Machines. What I didn't like was that they just looked to terribly ugly.

I feel the need to mark this thread for further inspection when I have more time to nerd around.

**Throws down pellet of Ninja dust**

PPFFFF!!!

Beast Wars owned my sunday mornings... that and Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys.

Cheetor(sp?) started my love for all cats, actually. The Cheetah is my favorite cat because they're so fast. Cheetor is my Nesgro.

I loved the first and second seasons. The third was a little too large in scope for my tastes towards the end, and the only real highlights I can think in the long run from Beast Machines was the portrayl of Megatron and the graphics. Sadly, BM brought down a great story. BW ended up becoming another ReBoot where the finale did it no justice, but it was one heck of a ride when the going was good.

Code of Hero, nuff said

Oh yeah, Scott McNeil is god, now nuff said

cap773.jpg

The future has changed, yessss. The Autobots lose, Evil Trimuphs!!! And you...YOU - NO - LONGER - EXISSSTTTTT!!!!!!!

You know what, I'll just come right out and say it.

Beast Wars was infinately times better than Transformers.

Yeah, I said it. Who wants some?! :mad:

One thing I always wondered was why they killed off Terrorsaur and Scorponok. Never really made sense.

One thing I always wondered was why they killed off Terrorsaur and Scorponok. Never really made sense.
I get the impression it was just to make room for new characters. Granted their deaths weren't dramatic, but then again neither were half the deaths in TFTM (it's quiet possible they were spoofing that a little too, Beast Wars made quiet a few cracks at the old show).

You know what, I'll just come right out and say it.

Beast Wars was infinately times better than Transformers.

Yeah, I said it. Who wants some?! :mad:
The cartoon, most I would hope would agree. The comic was at least on par though.

I get the impression it was just to make room for new characters. Granted their deaths weren't dramatic, but then again neither were half the deaths in TFTM (it's quiet possible they were spoofing that a little too, Beast Wars made quiet a few cracks at the old show).
I guess. But they killed of TS and Scorponok at the start of season 2. Tigatron, Airrazor and Dinobot didn't kick it until father along.

Beast Wars was my favorite series. I think it had to do with the fact that it was the only series I saw from start to end. I even own all the DVDs. Though I have to admit as I've gone back and started to watch G1 again, when I can, everything seems awsome.

I didn't like the end of beast Machines....what...now Cybertron is a green planet now? THAT's the END of the Gen. 1 story.....??? I wish they'd do a series on what happened next

Beast Wars was the s*** to me growing up. I absolutely loved the show with a passion. Code of Hero is my favorite episode out of all the Transformers Shows that there have been.

I really like how some of the characters, over the series, received different alt modes. That was always cool to me.

Also, who didn't love Waspinator?
240px-Waspinator-boxart.jpg

I really liked how at the end DInobot found his true self again and once again sacraficed himself.

One thing that seemed weird to me was that the size of the bots. The G1 bots were so many times bigger than the Beast Wars characters when they introduced them in the arc segments. The predacons and maximals were kinda tiny compared to the cousins. It just seems like the G1's could step on them. Granted they scanned animals and fossils, but shouldn't the stayed the same size? Because characters like waspinator didn't become smaller.

One thing that seemed weird to me was that the size of the bots. The G1 bots were so many times bigger than the Beast Wars characters when they introduced them in the arc segments. The predacons and maximals were kinda tiny compared to the cousins. It just seems like the G1's could step on them. Granted they scanned animals and fossils, but shouldn't the stayed the same size? Because characters like waspinator didn't become smaller.
The beast wars characters were smaller not because of the forms they scanned, but becasue they didn't have to use as much energon as the big guys. I think they even stated that in the show. That as the war went on the bots were designed and made smaller. So they can use as much energon as possible. Unlike the old G1 bots. How used alot more than they did.

Beast Wars was my favorite series. I think it had to do with the fact that it was the only series I saw from start to end. I even own all the DVDs. Though I have to admit as I've gone back and started to watch G1 again, when I can, everything seems awsome.

Technology and organic life lived in harmony.

Beast Wars was amazing. I grew up watching reruns and last episodes of G1 Transformers (born in 86) in the morning and had an idea of the show when Beast Wars came along. Beast Wars blew G1 out of the water in themes, morals, story and effects. The season finales where like FUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKK what is going to happen next and how are they going to get out of this one?

I will admit I missed a lot of Season 3, but season 2 was by far my favorite. Great show, great character progression and etc.... made even better by the overlapping of G1 characters (crapped my pants when I saw Starscream and Megatron).

Beast Machines was a little too much for me. I love the WARS aspect and machines was a little too.....plot, suspense driven. 4 heroes (don't even remember what happened to others) of which ratrap didn't even have a proper alt mode. Megatron was some big machine thing at the core, and rhinox and thunderbolt (or whatever his name was) were cheapy futuristic tank and motorcycle.

The trans metal series seems like it could've been cooler, but the idea of heading back to cybertron could have been approached better.

Beast wars will always be the best. I just wish they would relaunch transformers (not the crapy ass animation we are getting by CN) and push the series forward again, no anime and asian people humor please...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"