World The Official Beast Wars Thread

Beast Machines was a little too much for me. I love the WARS aspect and machines was a little too.....plot, suspense driven. 4 heroes (don't even remember what happened to others) of which ratrap didn't even have a proper alt mode. Megatron was some big machine thing at the core, and rhinox and thunderbolt (or whatever his name was) were cheapy futuristic tank and motorcycle.
You just answered your own question. Only 7 TF's went back to Cybertron at the end of Beast Wars. Optimus, Rhinox, Rattrap, Blackarachnia, Silverbolt, Cheetor on the Maximal side. With Megatron their prisoner. Also the motorcycle, Thurst, was Waspinator. The protohumans threw him out as their leader and he went back to Cybertron (and to his own time) somehow. Silverbolt was Jetstorm, the jet.

I don't understand everyones hate for Beast Machines. I thought it was a decient follow up to Beast Wars. Granted I didn't see it when it first came out, picked up the DVD release about five months ago. It was a good show and I thought it ended that saga nicely.

However I would love to see a continuation of that timeline. I keep hearing that that is what Universe was but I don't know if that was just toys or if there was a comic for that.

You just answered your own question. Only 7 TF's went back to Cybertron at the end of Beast Wars. Optimus, Rhinox, Rattrap, Blackarachnia, Silverbolt, Cheetor on the Maximal side. With Megatron their prisoner. Also the motorcycle, Thurst, was Waspinator. The protohumans threw him out as their leader and he went back to Cybertron (and to his own time) somehow. Silverbolt was Jetstorm, the jet.

yeah I remember it not being so "warsy" and more "run away and lets take a million episodes to figure out who is who now."

Wasn't a great fan of that show, beast wars was pretty epic though.

My favorite Beast Wars character hands down is Dinobot, simply a badass!

Beastwarsdinobot.jpg

I am a Warrior. Let the battle be joined"

I nearly choked up when he was killed off in season 2. He quoted Hamlet as he spoke his final words.

Damn and Megatron was freaking obsessed with Dinobot even cloning him.

Preview_08.jpg

I remember owning the Transmetal Dinobot clone as a kid.

Second favorite was Rattrap!
Rattrap-boxart.jpg

The 'Vermin' as Dinobot and Megatron referred to him.

my favorite was the second incarnation of primal, the blue gorilla with the hoverboard...

I also really liked both wars and machines more than the original, again most likely because that was my first thorough exposure to transformers and i saw t from the begininig to the end.

Does anyone know where I can get BW and BM on DVD? I can't seem to find them anywhere.... :(

Does anyone know where I can get BW and BM on DVD? I can't seem to find them anywhere.... :(
Either amazon or ebay. Rhino the guys who made the dvds, went bankrupt I think. So they can't reissue them.

They went bankrupt? Wow, I bought the DVDs just last year.

I stopped watching Beast Machines for some reason. Did they ever turn Tankor back into a good guy(Rhinox)?

I stopped watching Beast Machines for some reason. Did they ever turn Tankor back into a good guy(Rhinox)?

Just for that one episode. That pissed me off so much. Rhinox was the best and they totally screwed him over. It would have been cool if he at least turned back into a Maximal/Autobot at the end of the show. It would have been cool to see his form.

These were the transformers I grew up with! My first transformer was Waspinator. I was trying to match up all the G1 Transformers with the Beast Wars ones
Optimus Prime = Optimus Primal
Megatron = Megatron lol
Hot Shot = Cheetor
Ironhide = Rhinox

Terrorsaur and Tarantulas were a lot like Starscream. Terrorsaur more so IMO until he died.

Aw man, I'd forgotten about Transmetal Optimus :D

char0.jpg

lol ive got that toy, its my favourite, remember being 10 and i was so obsessed with getting it, it was also definetly the best incarnation, the third looked good, but his personality sucked, and the vehicle mode sucked, they should of made him a super gorilla not a tank/jet it was overboard.

p.s how many beast wars toys do ppl have?? ive got about 11 :), optimus primal, cheetor tm, cheetor tm2, dinobot and dinobot tm2 to name a few.
i still want the original cheetor and optimus primal :(

I have too many to count.

You can get remakes of the original Cheetor and Optimus Primal.

wp3bigrt0.jpg

OPTIMUS PRIMAL

allthemaxisdn6.jpg
-All seasons
beastwarsmaximalsei2.jpg
- Season 1
maximalsbwrp9.jpg
- Season 3

THE MAXIMALS

I only saw a few Beast Wars eps, but watched almost all of Beast Machines, which I feel was really underrated. In fact, until I saw the new film, BW/BM Megatron was actually my favorite incarnation of the character, especially his BM iteration.

Speaking of BW/BM, I'd LOVE to get a live-action movie interpretation of the universe. I don't necessarily think there's any reason that the BW/BM universe necessarily HAS to be connected to the G1/G2 Universe of the original cartoon, or even the new movie (even though the two 'verses were connected in the original series). With that in mind, who would you pick for the Maximal and Predacon rosters in a live-action BW movie? Here's my list:
Maximals
Optimus Primal
Rhinox
Cheetor
Rattrap
Airrazor

Predacons
Megatron
Tarantulas
Waspinator
Dinobot
Terrorsaur
Blackarachnia

I hated that Tigerhawk was only in like 2 or 3 episodes.

p.s how many beast wars toys do ppl have?? ive got about 11 :), optimus primal, cheetor tm, cheetor tm2, dinobot and dinobot tm2 to name a few.
i still want the original cheetor and optimus primal :(

Christ, it's been years...and I'm sure I don't have them anymore because I lost a lot of things when I moved to a new house. :csad:

The only ones I remember having for sure was Rattrap and I forget it's name but it was a big-ass bald eagle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"