World The Official Beast Wars Thread

Yeah, Season 1 was pretty good, in my opinion. It's just that it's stories couldn't hold a candle to the cluster that was season 3. I mean, so many characters died, the fate of time itself was put in jeopardy, there was a religious/prophetic theme. When you look back, they really did pull out all the stops toward the end. :wow::up:

It had a lot of good single-episode story arcs. Plus Season 1 is as long as 2 and 3 combined.
True. I did miss Terrorsaur quite a bit after seeing him again in season 1, too. He was such a fun character. No one else really quite filled his niche after he died. :csad:

Terrorsaur was like an incompetant, but powerful, Tarantulus. Loved that episode when he gets energon charged. :up:

Terrorsaur was effectively Beast Wars' Starscream, only somehow more incompetent. That episode where he becomes super-powerful because of some super-charged Energon illustrates it perfectly, and it was awesome.

Inferno was Terrorsaur's total opposite, though. He was obsessively loyal. Although, I guess it did create a nice dynamic after Terrorsaur died to have the uber-loyal Inferno and uber-traitorous Tarantulas as counterpoints within the Predacons. Terrorsaur was kind of a middle-ground: disloyal, but not ballsy or competent enough to do anything serious about it.

I definently agree, Corp.

I remember as a kid I always wished that Terrorsaur had gotten to be a transmetal and live; he was a great character. Scorponok, on the other hand ... there's only room for one mad scientist on the Preds, and Tarantulus always had my vote.

Scorponok was so useless. It boggled my mind that Megatron chose him as his second-in-command after Dinobot defected. I mean, seriously, Scorponok? :doh:

To be fair, who could Megatron trust NOT to screw him over besides him?

Gotta say, though, one of the best episodes was definently when Optimus was dead and Megatron got the Fuzors and they all had that stand off. They replayed the crap out of it on TV, but that episode was one of the top episodes of the show.

Dude:

bwstandoff.gif

I love that episode. :hehe:

Dinobot centric episodes were always great, but when the good guys are outnumbered that bad, it just makes it that much better. ... Now I really want to go watch that episode.

Yeah. Well, confused. Or decieved. Whichever you prefer.

He caught on that he was on the wrong side pretty quickly. I'm kind of curious how Quickstrike came out evil, though. Didn't both Quickstrike and Silverbolt emerge from their stasis pods before the Predacons could sabotage them with their Predacon shell programming? And all of the stasis pods except for Rampage's held Maximal protoforms. So shouldn't Quickstrike have been a Maximal by default?

If his pod wasn't tampered with (which I don't know), maybe the explaination was like, his true self enjoyed to indulge in the eviler things and without the memory of who he was and the maximal code he adheared to, he was given the chance to truly be who he wanted to be.

Just a theory.

Could be. I want to say the pods were damaged and their memories (which probably equates to their programming in BW lingo) were wiped because of the transwarp explosion. Maybe that's why. Plus, Quickstrike did get decidedly more sinister animals for his beast mode. That might've had an influence.

I gotta watch those episodes again.

I hope there are extras on it. Also hope we get season 2 and 3 together as one 4 disc set. I also want to get Beast Machines on DVD :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"